SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

4.4

on 3/9/2018 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been looking for a good eyelash curler. I usually just buy the drug store one but I decided to splurge and both the shisedo eyelash curler at Macy's. Boy what a waste of money. I have hooded Asian eyes which many of the reviews lead me to believe that this would be perfect. It's not. It curls my lashes in all different directions with huge gaps between the lashes. This has never happened to be before. I've had this over a year and I can not make it worth for me. It's terrible. Also, it gives me horrible looking curls. I doesn't give me the nice curve to the curls. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I can’t believe I haven’t tried this eyelash curler earlier! I’ve used cheap drugstore curlers and ended up using the MAC eyelash curler the past couple years after a nightmare of an experience with Smith drugstore eyelash curler that ended up ripping out the lashes on my right eye.. this Shiseido eyelash curler is perfect if you Asian like me. The Mac curler was great but always kind of poked the outsides of my eyes with the frame because it’s more curved than the Shiseido eyelash curler. I love this one it works wonders for my Asian almond shaped eyes and gets all of my lashes unlike any other eyelash curler I have tried.

on 11/28/2017 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Good shape for my Indian eyes, can capture all my eyelashes. Very comfortable and durable when traveling.

on 11/8/2014 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I actually have 2 Shiseido eyelash curlers. One that i bought maybe 9-10 years ago and one that I bought 2 years ago (both from drugstores in Japan). And There is a difference! Though I can't tell exactly the difference in design, but the newer one pinches my eyelids. It still curls well but i have to manoeuvre it a lot more to prevent pinching myself. Thus, been reaching out for my old one which by the way is still in good condition. Still the best curlers i've owned...and for the price, great value.

I received my Shiseido curlers yesterday, ordered them from John Lewis online, they were £17.50. After reading reviews for these and the Shu...I was literally 50/50 on which ones to buy...so I took the plunge and bought the Shiseidos! Purely for the amount of reviews these had over the Shu! i was a bit skeptical, as I have straight Asian eyelashes, quite full and not that short to be honest, but oh my! These eyelash curlers are awesome! Totally worth the money! I've only ever used cheap curlers from poundland before, as I didn't see the point in paying out for something that wasn't that great...but these curlers have changed my view! Totally worth it! I would still like to try the shu ones and have ordered these as well to compare! Very easy to use...even my boyfriend had a go this morning (he's Caucasian, and they worked fine on hin) LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Don't um and arrr, just order them!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Instant Holy Grail. I think the main problem with mascaras for me was that while it may have made my lashes big/long/full/awesome they were always pointing straight down and a pre-curl couldn't last through the last coat of mascara. This makes my lashes curled ALL DAY. And guess what? All of my single lash hairs are curved like scimitars, not crimped or half curled. The shape of it is a little flatter and fits right with my small and slanted Asian eyes without pinching a bit. The Tweezerman I had pinched on one eye O_O and never held a curl, and was a little too springy. This one sort of sinks into your lashes and holding it for even 3 seconds will give a great curl. The best part is how this is sold at Sephora since I have no clue where to even get "THE ONE CURLER" by Shu.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This was my first ever eyelash curler and I only bought it because it was highly raved by a plethora of beauty bloggers / gurus. It's decent for curling and the curl lasts even if you don't put mascara on. However, because I have monolids / single eyelids, I find that the eyelash curler often pinches my eyelid and it hurts. This factor really lowers my opinion of the curler since it's unsuitable for my eye shape. Since I started using a cheap Daiso eyelash curler (curls all my lashes beautifully so they are visible, and does not pinch my eyelid ), I haven't looked back. I suppose if you aren't a monolid like me, this eyelash curler will probably work fine for you!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i was one of those "it's just an eyelash curler" type of people. I've been using random cheap ones all my life. The one I've been loyal to was my Revlon curler that gets the job done. It didn't curl every single lash and it didn't hold the curl for long, but i was okay with the results. I read all the reviews and gave into the hype and spent $19 on this curler.
First impressions: it was okay. I found it harder to curl my lashes with this as compared to my Revlon one. But I found that if I do it very slowly and carefully, I get a very nice curl, even after one use. I do, however, have to curl more than once to get my desired look.
I have asian, almond shaped eyes. It's good if you have the time to curl it slowly. It does give good results that way.

I'm not sure if I'd rebuy considering the price. I'll have to try the shu and koji curlers to compare, but it is definitely better than any drugstore curler I've tried.

on 11/13/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I should have bought this sooner. This fits the groove of my Asian eye socket outline perfectly to maximize the amount of lashes it grabs. The Tarte, ELF, Revlon & CVS brands all had too much of a curve that it hurt to use it. This is THE ONE for Asian eyes. Love!

on 10/22/2012 11:57:00 PM

Hi,

I just recently bought the Shiseido 213 eyelash curler and I think mine is a fake, it doesnt pinch but the handling feels loose and not smooth. Also theres a letter small E on the left next the brand name. I need to find out whether its a fake for sure but there aren't any articles on how to spot the differences.
I recently tried a gun metal version of it in store at the Shiseido counter and mine isn't gun metal either but it curled much more nicer ... my one looks like I've crimped my eyelashes in zigzags or went 90 degrees bent.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools