Shiseido Eyelash Curler

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Shiseido  Eyelash Curler

4.6

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've owned this eyelash curler for years now. I also have the Shu Uemura one. They look pretty the same and you can buy Shiseido pads for both of them. HOWEVER! There is a teeny tiny difference (besides the price, hhhh) that makes me like the Shiseido curler more. The upper part of Shiseido curler is a bit smaller which makes it a better option for deep set\hooded eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, my poor lashes...
I've never met an eyelash curler that I like, but this is the first one that damaged my lashes.
Different curlers are designed for different eye shapes. My eyes are relatively small and kind of deep-set, my lashes are thin and short, but the great thing that any mascara is curling them up. Sincerely I'm not sure that I even need a lash curler since if I use mascara my lashes are always touching my upper lids.

This curler doesn't fit my eye shape, it's way too flat for me. I've used it only several times and while it had a hard time to grab eyelashes at the center of my eye it had permanently bent my outer edge lashes to 90 degrees. It looked terrible for two months till those bent lashes felt off.

The Shiseido curler definitely works great if its curve matches the curve of your eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought this several months ago and only have gotten to reviewing it now. I was caught between buying this and the Shu Uemura one but i couldn't be happier with it - several people are saying this is their favourite. It looks like a standard eyelash curler, yes, but for that little extra money for this curler, the hold is incredible and it curls like no drugstore curler I've ever seen. You can do it several times over for a very dramatic look or just once or twice for an everyday look (which opens my eyes up incredibly). Amazing how such a small tool can make you look so different in just a few moments. I don't know what it is about this curler, and i was all 'they're all the same thing' inclined awhile ago too. But this one holds longer and has a more extravagant curling action (depending on how hard you press and how often you do it of course). For curlers, this is my one - and only one. All the hype is definitely true, it's amazing!

on 2/1/2016 2:15:00 AM

There's only one 'makeup' thing I use everyday and this is it.

I have oily lids and straight, but rather long/dark/thick/blah blah, lashes - curling them *makes* my face. If I'm backpacking for weeks on end, all I need is this. All I want is this. I wake up every morning with my lashes drooping down, making me look droopy. Everybody has their drag, their thing they must do to feel put together... For me that is curling my lashes.

As a teen, I was messing around with my mother's cheap eyelash curler and ripped out over a dozen lashes because I didn't know what I was doing. With this, I can use it when I'm half asleep and not even nip my eyelids.

I've owned the same one since February 2013 and still haven't used the replacement pad that came with it. I paid US$18 for this, maybe $19, and the AU exchange rate was almost equivalent back them. For me, this is a mainstay. I'd run out and pay whatever the ridiculous full retail price for this in Australia is.

on 2/4/2015 7:47:00 PM

I've been a loyal fan of the Sephora eyelash curler for years now and recently switched to this one - though the different shape takes some getting used to, this curler creates gorgeous curl that lasts all day long. The curling section is long enough that it gets every lash, and you don't have to squeeze too hard (or too many times) to get a good curl. I have naturally straight lashes that don't hold a curl, but with this curler (and a good waterproof mascara), my curl lasts all day! Definitely worth the price, especially as eyelash curlers last a long time.

I've never really owned an eyelash curler before this, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I couldn't imagine an eyelash curler working better than this. It's perfect and does exactly what I think a good eyelash curler should do. I like to warm it up under the hair dryer for a few seconds before using it and it makes the curl last longer I think (make sure it's not too hot or you could burn your skin or your eyelashes!). I received this as a christmas present, but if I lost it or broke it I would probably buy it again. I think it runs for about $20 and I think it's well worth it as I use it everyday and have had it to almost 2 years and it still works like new.

I've been using Shu Uemura curlers for years. Since they now need to be ordered online, the rep at Sephora recommended trying one of these. I'm glad I did. As good and maybe better than my Shu. Price is about the same. I'll repurchase. My lashes are very straight and short. I use a curler EVERY day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Would I buy it again? YES & I already have!

I don't travel a lot, but when I do, I can't stand to be without my Shiseido Eyelash Curler. I tried my old Revlon one in the travel kit, but after experiencing how the Shiseido smoothly grabs lashes without pinching, no way could I go back. Then I lived in fear of forgetting or losing it while out of town, so I bought another one. Problem solved!

I purchased the 2 about 5 years apart, and there ARE differences. The old one came in burgundy-colored packaging & was silver tone. The new one's package was mainly red & the curler itself was kind of a shiny gunmetal color. Next thing I noticed was the new one was less curved, giving it a wider appearance that more evenly contours the shape of the eyelid. Both came with 2 curler pads (1 to use, 1 refill).

Although the old one is still tops in my book, it does take that wiggle-it-out motion to get the curve I want. With the new one, just one close-to-root crimp & I'm done with no retouching as I don't seem to miss any lashes! Both of them give you all-day (or night) curl & make you look more wide-eyed & feminine even without a lot of make-up.

LOVE this & consider it a must-have beauty tool!!!

on 9/22/2012 4:32:00 PM

I have used this product for 10 years. It is by far the best eye-lash curler on the market and I've used shu, jemma kid, mac you name it ive probably tried it but these ones are absolutely the best. If you ever need to refill the spongy bit by the way look no further than Muji, they have some great cheap ones!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

What more is there to say about this amazing curler? It manages to curl my stubborn, stick-straight Asian lashes without pinching my monolids. It's so comfortable to use that curling lashes doesn't feel like a chore anymore. I've never tried the Shu but I definitely think it's worth a splurge for fellow monolidders.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools