Shiseido Eyelash Curler

Shiseido  Eyelash Curler

4.5

on 5/17/2017 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is such a fantastic eye curler. I previously used the Shu one years ago but it always pinched my eyelids.

This fits my eye shape perfectly. It's really easy to handle and curls my lashes effortlessly. The curl stays all day. I love that it already comes with a replacement pad.

I didn't think curling was that important until I got this. Such a big difference! I bought mine at Ulta.

Curls to perfection! I love this eye curler!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This and shu umeras are the best eyelash curlers out there, everything else is not as good.

on 6/3/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Don't believe the hype. It's no better than a drugstore curler. I fell for the reviews. Put out $22+ for it, and curls no better than my cheapie drugstore curler. Ah well, live and learn. I gave it two stars simply because it DOES curl your eyelashes. Is the curl worth the money I spent on the curler? No. I've used some bad drugstore curlers before, and I think people who find this to be an exceptional curler may have only ever used the bad ones. There's some decent drugstore brand curlers out there ladies that work just as good as this - I promise.

on 1/27/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking through my reviews and I am shocked to see that I have not reviewed this needed tool. Well here goes.
I was one of those girls where any eyelash curler worked. I used to use a La Cross curler, but it always seemed to miss my end lashes and make my lashes look shorter because it was curling them in the middle.
But then one day I saw this beauty on ebay for a fraction of the cost of the Shu Uemura I was considering because they say it was soooo great. I read the reviews on MA and they said this was great so I took the chance.
This curler works wonders. It catches all the lashes along my lash line, which most can't because I have Asian eyes. It curls without looking like something was used to bend my lashes in half. And it does not catch my fragile lash hairs in the corner of the tool, I used to have a major lash breaking problem because of my old curler.
Ladies don't even try Shu, cause I went to Sephora to try the tool and it just didn't fit the shape of my eye. Get this, besides it's cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the first high end lash curler I have ever bought and I love it. I always thought all lash curlers were created equal. This only goes to show you that you get what you pay for. (Well, most of the time.) I am Caucasian with long but very fine, straight lashes that never hold curl. Knowing that Shiseido is a Japanese line and that most Asians struggle with stick straight lashes (many of the positive reviews were from Asians), and after carefully researching this product and reading reviews, I decided to give it a try. This is miraculous. It gets right to the root of my lashes and actually looks like this: ))) or (((( and not like this: L or 7. In other words, not like a crimp. The secret to holding the curl is Shiseido's mascara base. I don't know what the ingredient is, but it after using it I can wear almost any mascara and it will hold curl. In my experience waterproof mascara holds curl well but it is too drying and is difficult to remove.

I hate to be the one to bring down the rating of this lash curler but for my eyes it was awful. I'm Caucasian with blue eyes but I also have hooded lids with very little real estate on my eye lids ! After reading rave reviews here and seeing reviews on youtube I thought this might be a good investment for me so I ordered it from Sephora. I loved the gun metal grey colour and the fact that it comes with a replacement pad. I knew straight away at first glance that we weren't going to get along very well though, lol. I carefully placed it and crimped slowly, having to manipulate it around my eye socket very tenderly. With just one crimp my lashes were so curled, they actually curled back upon themselves, lash tips now touching the base of my lids from behind. It looked hysterical. I attempted to curl my other eye and no matter how I tried, it pinched both corners of my lid. I have blonde lashes that are fairly long, wispy and very straight. It takes just a little effort for me to curl them with my regular Revlon lash curler and they have a nice rounded curl to them, look very long, defined and full when mascara has been applied. Obviously the Revlon curler fits my lids perfectly but not the Shiseido one. That being said, if you are Asian and have stubborn Asian lashes, (I hear you because believe me Caucasians like me have stubborn lashes too !) this lash curler could be the greatest investment ever. If you haven't tried it, please do so, the contour of the lash curler and pad seems perfectly made for you lovely ladies & gentlemen. It takes no effort at all to get a mega curl if this product fits your eye shape. Fortunately I returned it to my Sephora today. I guess I'll stick to my trusty Revlon curler :-)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow, Im in love with this eyelash curler!
I have only had it for a few days, but it makes such a different. My eyelashes looks so much longer and the stay the perfect shape all day long.
I'm really impressed what a difference such a simple tool can make.

I have wanted this for a few years and was debatting to getting this one or the Shu Umuera one. I'm glad I got this! It was half the Price of the Shu Umuera one and I think this suits my eyeshape better.

I really regret not buying this before. It does the job amazing!

on 11/25/2013 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Much better than the cheap once out there. And I even think that the price is fair. :)
I'll buy it again if it breaks.

This eyelash curler has HG written all over it. Being blessed with wider, asian eyes, regular drugstore curlers never fit the shape of my eye perfectly... which resulted in crimpy/kinky lashes! Since the shape of the Shiseido is much wider, it grasps all of my lashes, and gives them a natural uplifting curl. It even gives my lashes the "fanned-out" effect that i envy on other long-lashed girls! To get the best results, i "walk" the curler 3x (from the base to the tips). I apply a primer, which holds the curl and lengthens (i use Lash Fantasy); then i apply 2 coats of MAC X Mascara (my HG forever!). My quest for perfect lashes is now over! *sigh!*

Popular Misc Beauty Tools