SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

4.6

on 4/14/2017 1:10:00 AM

Good for small eyes!
and it comes with spare rubber... I think this is same with Shu Uemura :)

on 8/30/2016 1:17:00 PM

I'd probably buy this over and over and over again. It's that good! I have owned three Tweezerman eyelash curlers and liked them and also picked up a Shu Uemura curler in Japan. I liked all of the ones I got, but after awhile, the Tweezerman ones don't curl as well, even if they come with three replacement pads. The Shu one isn't readily available and is quite expensive here in the States. It also only comes with one pad. I find the Shu Uemara one and the Shiseido one to be extremely similar because they were made for a different eye shape. The Shiseido eyelash curler is readily available at Sephora and comes with a replacement pad.

I immediately notice the difference when I use this. It perfectly conforms to my eye shape, which is sort of like an almond and curls the lashes so nicely. I usually try to curl twice, but one time is really all I need. The eyelash curler paired with the right mascara gives me all day curl, despite my oily skin. It is kind of pricey...about 20 bucks, but I'd rather spend money once on an outstanding curler than spend money on several different ones that are mediocre in performance. I seriously can't live without this little gadget!

on 1/27/2016 12:31:00 AM

I own both the Shu Uemura curler and the Shiseido one, but I prefer the Shiseido one. Let me state that both curlers work well, but it was the shape of the curve that made me like the Shiseido one. Just a personal preference since it fitted my eye shape better.

Honestly, if you're hesitant to invest money into a more expensive eyelash curler, remember that you'll be using these for years (+ you can buy refills for the pad), so it's a good long term item to buy. You'd likely spend more money buying multiple eyelash curlers that don't work for your eye shape.

on 1/3/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just used it for the first time and honestly my drugstore curler works better. This didn't curl my lashes at all

on 9/9/2015 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This one I would have to say is a hit and miss for me. I love the fact I only have to press it on my lashes for a few seconds and it curls them to an upright position quickly, on the other hand I hate how it feels against my lashes when I press down on them. It tugs on my eyelashes and skin and makes it uncomfortable to use, I can't use it without tearing up but I love how you don't have to hold the clamp for a million years to get a curl that holds. Unfortunately I can't win with this one.

The curl is not natural, you can see the crimped line on the lashes from the side but this doesn't bother me.

on 3/14/2015 2:23:00 AM

Love it

on 1/27/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking through my reviews and I am shocked to see that I have not reviewed this needed tool. Well here goes.
I was one of those girls where any eyelash curler worked. I used to use a La Cross curler, but it always seemed to miss my end lashes and make my lashes look shorter because it was curling them in the middle.
But then one day I saw this beauty on ebay for a fraction of the cost of the Shu Uemura I was considering because they say it was soooo great. I read the reviews on MA and they said this was great so I took the chance.
This curler works wonders. It catches all the lashes along my lash line, which most can't because I have Asian eyes. It curls without looking like something was used to bend my lashes in half. And it does not catch my fragile lash hairs in the corner of the tool, I used to have a major lash breaking problem because of my old curler.
Ladies don't even try Shu, cause I went to Sephora to try the tool and it just didn't fit the shape of my eye. Get this, besides it's cheaper.

on 6/10/2014 9:29:00 PM

I accidentally bought this thinking it was the shu uemura but let me tell you, it was a happy mistake. This eyelash curler is pretty damn fantastic.It gives a nice long lasting curl to my lashes, doesn't tug or pinch. I have traveled tons with it, it's banged all over the place and never lost its shape. I love that it's dark and sleek and easy to handle.

on 1/31/2014 9:06:00 AM

Awkward and OUCH! The design of this tool is not the right shape for my eyes. It's way too awkward to try to grab my lashes, which are pretty long! My eyes watered like crazy when I tried to curl them. When I finally was able to curl (which wasn't much of a curl, more of a bend-sucked!), it pinched my lid! This overpriced tool is going right back. I ended up purchasing the LTD Tweezerman curler (one w/padded loops for fingers) and am very pleased with it.

on 7/10/2013 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to think that one shouldn't spend over 5$ for an eyelash curler but this one is worth the price. It curls my straight lashes effortlessly without pulling any out or tugging at the skin. I have smallish asian eyes but still have a fold if that matters.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools