SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

4.8

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

It fitted the shape of my eyes very well, got this in Japan along with the MM mascara and base. Its very reasonably priced for the brand-name, and it holds the curl very well too. Love love love!

on 10/26/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have pretty long eyelashes, but getting them to curl properly and to their full potential has always been a bit of a problem. I decided to buy this during the Sephora F&F sale, though 20% off of $19 is still a high amount to pay for an eyelash curler. I am very happy I did, though, as my eyelashes finally curled! They look like doll lashes with this curler, it's bloody insane. I think it's worth the money to invest in a pair. They give you 1 replacement pad with the curler, as well as having replacements available to purchase more when you go through the 2.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I use this curler with the mascara base and Cover Girl Lash Blast. I have semi-short asian lashes.

When I first bought this curler I wasn't very impressed. My lashes would hold for 5 seconds and then droop down afterwards (even when I applied with mascara base). In a really embarassing way, it wasn't until 4 years later, that I was curling my lashes one day and I decided to open/close the curler 10 times on each eye. Amazingly the curl held up for the whole day! I was very surprised and happy about my newly curled thick and longer lashes that I always wanted. For me personally, I don't feel the need to blast this curler with a dryer for it to curl better because it works well on its own. This is definetly a staple in my bag.

on 12/25/2007 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

For me, this is better than Shu Uemura's curler as it gives a better curl and is less likely to curl my short, straight lashes at a right angle. Unfortunately, the curler doesn't reach all of my lashes so that the lashes in the inner and outer corners remain uncurled. It also sometimes pinches my lids but much less so than other curlers and I've come to terms with the fact that my eye shape will always allow for some pinching. All in all, I'll stick to this curler until I can find something better.

2010 edit: I don't really know what's changed other than my lashes are now longer from using generic Latisse, but I'm liking this curler much more now. I'm theorising that maybe my added length now means I don't have to push the curler as close to my eye as previously thereby avoiding the pinching, and that my corner lashes can now be reached and curled more easily...Anyway, I've now upgraded this to 4 stars.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools