SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

Filtered by hair type : Straight
SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

4.5

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've owned this eyelash curler for years now. I also have the Shu Uemura one. They look pretty the same and you can buy Shiseido pads for both of them. HOWEVER! There is a teeny tiny difference (besides the price, hhhh) that makes me like the Shiseido curler more. The upper part of Shiseido curler is a bit smaller which makes it a better option for deep set\hooded eyes.

on 4/6/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used a cover girl cutler for years and assumed all curlers were the same. How wrong I was! This one actually curls my lashes instead of just crimping them. So glad I got this! The curl stays all day.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for years. Never had an issue with it at all and it still works good as new. Don't know what else you could ask for!

on 8/30/2016 1:17:00 PM

I'd probably buy this over and over and over again. It's that good! I have owned three Tweezerman eyelash curlers and liked them and also picked up a Shu Uemura curler in Japan. I liked all of the ones I got, but after awhile, the Tweezerman ones don't curl as well, even if they come with three replacement pads. The Shu one isn't readily available and is quite expensive here in the States. It also only comes with one pad. I find the Shu Uemara one and the Shiseido one to be extremely similar because they were made for a different eye shape. The Shiseido eyelash curler is readily available at Sephora and comes with a replacement pad.

I immediately notice the difference when I use this. It perfectly conforms to my eye shape, which is sort of like an almond and curls the lashes so nicely. I usually try to curl twice, but one time is really all I need. The eyelash curler paired with the right mascara gives me all day curl, despite my oily skin. It is kind of pricey...about 20 bucks, but I'd rather spend money once on an outstanding curler than spend money on several different ones that are mediocre in performance. I seriously can't live without this little gadget!

on 6/23/2016 9:20:00 AM

The best there is! Use any mascara you wan't - as long as you have this baby, your lashes will turn out perfect.

on 1/27/2016 12:31:00 AM

I own both the Shu Uemura curler and the Shiseido one, but I prefer the Shiseido one. Let me state that both curlers work well, but it was the shape of the curve that made me like the Shiseido one. Just a personal preference since it fitted my eye shape better.

Honestly, if you're hesitant to invest money into a more expensive eyelash curler, remember that you'll be using these for years (+ you can buy refills for the pad), so it's a good long term item to buy. You'd likely spend more money buying multiple eyelash curlers that don't work for your eye shape.

on 1/23/2016 12:16:00 AM

My very first eyelash curler that I will never give up! I first tried this at Macy's and it gave me an insane curl so I knew I had to have it.

on 11/13/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had my Shiseido eyelash curler for over 2 years and it still functions well after using 3 refill pads. I bought mine for about $20 from a Shiseido counter at Macy's department store and this is the gunmetal colored one. I am Chinese descent with flat eyelids and tapered eyelid creases so the curler's design worked great for me. This curler can be a little tricky to use at first because if you curl too close to the lash line and use too much pressure, it's prone to crimping your lashes to an awkwardly stick up instead of the ideal "C" curl. I place my curler as close as possible, without pinching myself and use several quick pumps without applying much pressure. Then I lift the curler upwards and repeat the process to the middle of the lash till the ends. I also adjust the angle and position of my curler to curl the inner and outer corner lashes so it evens out. This takes a lot of practice to use, but it can curl eyelashes beautifully once achieved. I recommend this to any Asian with monolids or flat eye shapes who are looking for a good eyelash curler. Finally I would repurchase this once my eyelash curler stops working or falls apart.

Pros:
- good quality
- long lasting if cared for properly
- can be found in most places that sell Shiseido products (Macy's, Sephora)
- comes with free refill pads and extras can be purchased for $6
- suits most flat eye shapes, monolids, hooded eyes, anyone with a small crease/fold
- creates a good, sturdy curl before using mascara
- doesn't need to be replaced with a new curler frequently like Shu Uemura

Cons:
- pricy for an eyelash curler
- gunmetal color can make it tricky to use and likely pinch the skin if not careful

on 9/9/2015 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This one I would have to say is a hit and miss for me. I love the fact I only have to press it on my lashes for a few seconds and it curls them to an upright position quickly, on the other hand I hate how it feels against my lashes when I press down on them. It tugs on my eyelashes and skin and makes it uncomfortable to use, I can't use it without tearing up but I love how you don't have to hold the clamp for a million years to get a curl that holds. Unfortunately I can't win with this one.

The curl is not natural, you can see the crimped line on the lashes from the side but this doesn't bother me.

on 5/13/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This has produced reliable and consistent results for me - my eyelashes don't hold a curl amazingly, but this is easy to use and gives about the best results I've seen. I also appreciate that it stores more easily than many other curlers, and can be "refreshed" with new pads, which seems less wasteful to me.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools