SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

4.7

on 1/17/2013 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

great eyelash curler , its much better for asian eyes than shu uemura as it is flatter to the face. easier to use, and it lasts a long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For most of my young adult life, I have made do with a cheap, hand-me-down Revlon eyelash curler. While it might work for some, my almond shaped eyes had to put up with the dreaded pinching for years; I could hardly even curl the tip top of my lashes without pinching some part of my eyelid.

Sure I had read about the rave reviews of Shiseido in magazines, but I couldn't justify spending more than $5 on an eyelash curler.

But that's all changed. After enduring one pinch too many, I set off to Sephora and, before a SA could even say "Welcome", I was already in line with the Shiseido in my basket. I got home, and I finally understood what the fuss was all about.

I have naturally very long lashes, but they had never been done justice until now. Just one small curl and they were already touching the top of my eyelid. Insane. The shape does take some getting used to; I was used to strategically maneuvering my Revlon all over my lid so I wouldn't get pinched, and I actually ended up pinching myself right off the bat with the Shiseido because I didn't realize it was so flat (in a good way).

I still don't think it is worth $20 necessarily, but it's ENTIRELY worth it if you can't find an eyelash curler that fits your eye. I plan to make it last until it is literally falling apart.

Never touching a Revlon curler again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had the Shu Uemura before this and was happy with it, but I had a hard time curling the outer corners, especially in my left eye. I saw the reviews for this and I hoped it would do better, but unfortunately it does not fit my eyeshape, whatsoever. Becasue of that, it pinches my eyes like crazy. The curl did hold rather well though, and that is why I'm giving this a 3 and not a 1. It would be a great curler if it fit my eye, but sadly it does not, unlike my Shu, which hardly ever pinches me. I'm going to try this a little more before I return it. Maybe I'm not using it correctly/need to work with it more?

on 8/15/2009 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have typical straight asian eyelashes that point downward. Without curling them I basically look like I'm half asleep. So I NEVER leave home without using my Shiseido eyelash curler! I've had one of these for over 15 years!! I've had to buy new rubber cushions for it on several occasions. But they're dirt cheap and easily accessible on eBay. I've tried other lash curlers before, but they simply don't fit the shape of my eye, nor do they deliver a natural curve. With the Shiseido curler, just a few pumps on my lashes opens my eye up dramatically. I will never change brands when it comes to this beauty tool.

on 3/31/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyelash curler, I've been using this for years and it still works fine!

on 12/24/2008 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE the Shiseido eyelash curler! It was the very first "expensive" curler I decided to take a chance with and it was definitely worth the buy. I recently misplaced this curler and had read SO many great reviews about the Shu Uemura, so I bought it instead of my trusty Shiseido, and I regret it! Despite what great things people have had to say, I found that when I used Shu Uemura, it gave my eyelashes a funky shape, and then when I took it closer to my eye, it pinched! I am going back to get my first love, my Shiseido eyelash curler, because it definitely works for me. No pincing, and best of all, it helps my "Asian lashes" like no other.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i mulled this purchase over for a long time. my concern being that an eyelash curler wasn't something i even use much. well ive been missing out. i have long lashes already, and am a mascara freak, this gives me even more than i could ever ask for. having said that i haven't tried any others except some cheapo $ store one i had forever that stunk. im a convert.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this eyelash curler works fantastically! i curled my lashes yesterday afternoon and they are still curled today. i think the flatness of the curve really works out for asian eyes. you don't have to squeeze too hard either and you'll get a nice curl. i had to go to nordstrom's shiseido counter to purchase it since i first went to sephora and they said that they no longer carry shiseido products. overall, very satisfied.

on 3/8/2008 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used this curler for the first time today and I usually wait to write up my reviews. However, I had to share with everyone how impressed I am with how evenly it curls my lashes and doesn't pinch the skin at all. It seems to fight my eye socket perfectly and quite comfortably. I'm in lust at the moment. I will update if anything changes...

on 12/26/2007 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this and the Shu Uemura curler at the same time. I thought I would like the Shu better, but not so! The Shiseido curls my lashes much nicer, and my lashes look amazing after I apply my mascara. When I tried the Shu, my lashes didn't curl or look near as nice.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools