SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

Filtered by skin type : Other
SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

4.4

Altering life as I know it!! I lemming'd this lash curler off of Macy's dot com (I think I meant to buy shu (but I read below it's no longer available?). At any rate I was using MAC (& I have a no name drugstore 1 in my purse no idea what brand) & I had a Sephora 1 I liked but I lost it it was real cute too). Lash curlers are a must but I wasn't getting LIFE ALTERING results til I got this curler. Omg what a DIFFERENCE this makes! I tried it with cheap mascara & the results are just as good as my volume de Chanel w lash Base coat guess I will save $$ on mascara I can buy ColorMates at big lots or dollar tree! I never thought I'd get those doe eyes like a doll. This is instant eye lift no amnt of creme/serum will give ur look a boost like this even w a $1 mascara! amazing so glad I lemming'd this. U can also spray a bit of hairspray on curler it will really keep the curl for hours. Hands down HG! The MAC was alright boy this made a good difference for me. Curl is giving me new lyfe!'

This is the most incredible eyelash curler I've ever used! So gentle and doesn't tug on my lashes! Just the price is a bit high but honestly it is worth it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Wow! If you have hooded eyes, get this eyelash curler.

Cons:
--price. Who would want to spend $20 on an eyelash curler when you can get one much cheaper at the drugstore?
--refill pads. I had to order replacement pads from Sephora. I lost them before I could even open them.

Common Complaint:
--pinching. It actually states on the package to avoid pinching your eye. I'm not complaining. I'm a big girl; I can be careful. I just have to take it slowly. UPDATE: I still have to curl in sections...end, middle, end.

Pros:
--BIG curl, which is necessary with a hooded lid. Actually, I think this brand is made for Asian eyes, so it also works great for a hooded lid.

Now, I curled BEFORE mascara, not after. I'll see how it goes. I would love for the curl to last all day without having to curl after mascara is applied. I'll update later.

UPDATE: I started curling before AND after mascara. The effect was more dramatic, but I ended up pulling out lashes in the middle of my eyelid. NOT a good look. It took a LONGGGGGG time for those lashes to grow back. Stick with curing only before mascara.

UPDATE: My lashes stayed curled ALL day and into the evening. They looked the same when it came time to wash my face at night. This is my HG curler....but the replacement pads are a problem for me. I think when my current pad wears out, I'll try another brand.

on 7/27/2013 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I bought this after years of using the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, thinking the Shiseido would be comparable. Not even close! Compared to the SU, the curve in this curler is flat and won't capture the lashes in the outer corner of my eyes. I don't like the dark gunmetal color because it makes it hard to see my lashes. Also, the curler mechanism feels loose when I open and close it on my lashes - maybe I got a defective one? Shiseido may be an upgrade from drugstore eyelash curlers, but I'm sticking to Shu Uemura!

on 3/11/2013 2:06:00 PM

Love this!! Was a long time Shu user, but when they got hard to find, it was time to move on. I tried a bunch of different drug store eyelash curlers, but nothing worked like a Shu. I started reading reviews on MUA, and saw that people loved the Shiseido, so I decided to try it. I love it, and it works better on my lashes than the Shu ever did!! It is easy to curl my long lashes, and it never pinches my lid or pulls out lashes. I am Caucasian, and I have average sized eyes. I bought a second one as a backup and for travel.

on 12/13/2012 10:40:00 PM

I was hesitant to try this, because I'm not Asian, and most of the people reviewing this are so I wasn't sure if it would work for my eye shape. But it works REALLY well. Only need to use once on each eye to get a nice curl. Doesn't pinch at all! I was using a sephora brand one before and it always pinched, and id have to press down really hard to get a nice curl. With this, you barely even need to squeeze it. Price isn't too bad, $18? About average for a non-drugstore curler. I hope it holds up, because all the ones I've previously tried have all gone weird on me after about 6 months.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this curler after a Sephora girl recommended it for my shorter, straight/droopy/frustrating eyelashes. I'm not asian but I have deeper set, smaller almond shaped eyes, so she thought maybe this would be perfect for me.
The shape of the curler looks nice, and it is wider so you dont miss any lashes. I also like the gunmetal color as well. I really wanted this to be "the one"
Unfortunately this is not the right curler for me, I pinched myself repeatedly and curled and squeezed and still didnt see the curl I wanted to. I believe this works wonderful for some people, but I need to keep on searching...
I was previously using the Tarte curler, which worked decently until it broke a month after I bought it..(grrrr)
I returned my shiseido today and exchanged it for a Tweezerman curler.
I really hope this eyelash curler quest ends....

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I used Shu Uemura curler for years, it pinched my lids every time, but I didn't think there was anything better, tried drugstore ones before and they were worse. Three years ago I discovered Shiseido, and Shu was gone out of my life. Shiseido is flatter, not as curved as Shu and suits my eye shape much better apparently, because I never get a pinch. Curls as well as Shu, other than pinching I was happy with Shu as a curler itself, did a good job. Anyway, I used Shiseido for 3 years now, daily, and the pad is still as good as new and doesn't need to be replaced. Very good investment, my lashes are straight and droopy, and curler is a necessity, makes a huge difference.

on 11/14/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love the re-design of this eyelash curler. It has less of a curve and a new color. Although Shiseido has been the only brand that has worked for the shape of my smallish "Eurasian" shaped eyes (I've tried Shu), I was still having some problems with curling the entire eye with the previous version of this curler. This newer design (slate/pewter color) works perfectly. I'll definitely re-purchase when the time comes.

Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this curler because it fits my eye beautifully. I also like the silicone pads, and the fact that it comes with an extra set of pads. I replace the pad after that for about another year, or so and then bought a new curler because they do get loose after time. But they all do. However, I will continue to buy again and again, THE ONE product I use everyday without fail.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools