SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

4.7

on 3/8/2007 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my very first MUA review! So I wanted to review a product that I especially love and has made a huge difference in my life. This, my friends, is the Shiseido lash curler. I discovered this wonderful little tool after trying several subpar curlers of various types & prices. These included some cheapo Target ones, and even the famous Shu Uemura. All pale in comparison to my beloved Shiseido. Here are the reasons I love it:
~It actually FITS into my small-ish lid space with no trouble whatsoever.
~It curls my lashes QUICKLY, unlike the Shu, which took -- no joke -- at least 5-10 minutes per eye! The Shiseido gets the job quickly and effortlessly.
~The curl itself is much prettier than the curls I got with other brands. The Shu curler, in particular (despite all the time I had to spend with it!), gave me a horrible 90-degree angled curl.
~It is extremely well made and with excellent quality materials -- hence all of the above. :)

I discovered lash curling in the last year or so, and all that it could do for my face. It really opens up my eyes and makes me look awake, alert, and in all honesty, prettier. :D In short, this curler does all of the above quickly & easily. I gave it a 4 on packaging, simply b/c it'd be nice if it came in a case or something (believe me, I take it everywhere). But I'm not complaining.

I own two, and I plan to buy another for my sister. I HIGHLY recommend this item.

on 8/15/2009 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have typical straight asian eyelashes that point downward. Without curling them I basically look like I'm half asleep. So I NEVER leave home without using my Shiseido eyelash curler! I've had one of these for over 15 years!! I've had to buy new rubber cushions for it on several occasions. But they're dirt cheap and easily accessible on eBay. I've tried other lash curlers before, but they simply don't fit the shape of my eye, nor do they deliver a natural curve. With the Shiseido curler, just a few pumps on my lashes opens my eye up dramatically. I will never change brands when it comes to this beauty tool.

on 1/17/2007 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well after having to retire my old standy Maybelline curler that i have used for over 25 years...thats right same one too... i was on a quest to find a good replacement...first one was naturally another Maybelline curler ...uhhh it is not made of the same quality anymore the new ones are terrible ...there is no tension..and the metal seemed crappy and it pinched like crazy...then i got the revlon curler ..another mistake..it was awful, pinched so bad i never was able to curl my lashes with it at all... i have almond shaped eyes i am from the usa and of italian heritage...i then went to macy's and got the MAC curler which i have reviewed here which i love... I bought this curler after reading all the Rave reviews on this website...it was definitely a mistake...i thought perhaps it would be even better then the MAC Curler ...NOT... for some reason it is barely able to curl the inner and outer lashes...you really have to play with it to get close to the lash line without pinching...all in all i wasted money on it as i will never use it...i have stick straight lashes so a good curler is a must for me...

on 1/17/2013 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

great eyelash curler , its much better for asian eyes than shu uemura as it is flatter to the face. easier to use, and it lasts a long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For most of my young adult life, I have made do with a cheap, hand-me-down Revlon eyelash curler. While it might work for some, my almond shaped eyes had to put up with the dreaded pinching for years; I could hardly even curl the tip top of my lashes without pinching some part of my eyelid.

Sure I had read about the rave reviews of Shiseido in magazines, but I couldn't justify spending more than $5 on an eyelash curler.

But that's all changed. After enduring one pinch too many, I set off to Sephora and, before a SA could even say "Welcome", I was already in line with the Shiseido in my basket. I got home, and I finally understood what the fuss was all about.

I have naturally very long lashes, but they had never been done justice until now. Just one small curl and they were already touching the top of my eyelid. Insane. The shape does take some getting used to; I was used to strategically maneuvering my Revlon all over my lid so I wouldn't get pinched, and I actually ended up pinching myself right off the bat with the Shiseido because I didn't realize it was so flat (in a good way).

I still don't think it is worth $20 necessarily, but it's ENTIRELY worth it if you can't find an eyelash curler that fits your eye. I plan to make it last until it is literally falling apart.

Never touching a Revlon curler again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had the Shu Uemura before this and was happy with it, but I had a hard time curling the outer corners, especially in my left eye. I saw the reviews for this and I hoped it would do better, but unfortunately it does not fit my eyeshape, whatsoever. Becasue of that, it pinches my eyes like crazy. The curl did hold rather well though, and that is why I'm giving this a 3 and not a 1. It would be a great curler if it fit my eye, but sadly it does not, unlike my Shu, which hardly ever pinches me. I'm going to try this a little more before I return it. Maybe I'm not using it correctly/need to work with it more?

on 3/31/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyelash curler, I've been using this for years and it still works fine!

on 12/24/2008 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE the Shiseido eyelash curler! It was the very first "expensive" curler I decided to take a chance with and it was definitely worth the buy. I recently misplaced this curler and had read SO many great reviews about the Shu Uemura, so I bought it instead of my trusty Shiseido, and I regret it! Despite what great things people have had to say, I found that when I used Shu Uemura, it gave my eyelashes a funky shape, and then when I took it closer to my eye, it pinched! I am going back to get my first love, my Shiseido eyelash curler, because it definitely works for me. No pincing, and best of all, it helps my "Asian lashes" like no other.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i mulled this purchase over for a long time. my concern being that an eyelash curler wasn't something i even use much. well ive been missing out. i have long lashes already, and am a mascara freak, this gives me even more than i could ever ask for. having said that i haven't tried any others except some cheapo $ store one i had forever that stunk. im a convert.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this eyelash curler works fantastically! i curled my lashes yesterday afternoon and they are still curled today. i think the flatness of the curve really works out for asian eyes. you don't have to squeeze too hard either and you'll get a nice curl. i had to go to nordstrom's shiseido counter to purchase it since i first went to sephora and they said that they no longer carry shiseido products. overall, very satisfied.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools