Wet 'n' Wild Megalast in Purty Persimmon

Wet 'n' Wild Megalast in Purty Persimmon
Wet 'n' Wild 970 Purty PersimmonMegalast in Purty PersimmonLorCoralSeduction,WW970,Kate12,MACslv,Mandarina

4.4

on 6/22/2017 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I lost my NARS Heat Wave lipstick somewhere in my house and cannot find it. I was obsessed with searching for it everywhere, as I thought the color would be perfect to wear for the summer. Anyways long story short, I didn't find it (boo) and I saw this on Pinterest as a dupe. So I plopped down the whopping $2 for it (honestly I think it was less than that even) and wore it to work next day. Talk about an in-your-face NEON orangish reddish hue. Completely gorgeous and perfect for warm summery days. I felt awesome wearing it and am okay now with not finding my Heat Wave lippie lol. I will wear again. I put it on straight from the tube, no liner or anything and it stayed put all dang day. The only con (as many people have mentioned) is the packaging. Easy to nick the lipstick when you put the cap back on. Also the cap sometimes pops off on its own while in your purse, I've learned from experience. But hands down a gorgeous color. Will repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have a terribly hard time finding orange-toned shades in my price range (cheap cheap cheap) that don't settle in my (37-yo) lip creases and give white base issues. Purty Persimmon is one of the only winners so far! (If you find more of them, please get in touch!)

This thick, creamy, semi-matte formula sometimes skips/tugs going on, but is so very worth it! Great adherence, not a lot of transfer, and best of all - bright, opaque color with no settling or feathering.

This is a bold, bright orange-red that really goes a vibrant look to the face. I feel like a wild non-conformist when I wear this lipstick!

Now if only I could find a mid-toned orange/coral that didn't settle in creases...

on 8/12/2016 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was surprised by how much I loved this shade. I bought a bunch of the Megalast lipsticks in Florida, including this one. As others have previously mentioned, the packaging on these lipsticks are pretty bad and be careful putting them in makeup bags. However, the lipstick itself is fantastic. It's a bold, vibrant red-orange colour that really brings colour to the face. I'm NW13 and I expected it to clash, but it looked summery and very fun. Paired with a toned-down bronzy, warm eye look, it's definitely my go-to during the summer season. The formula is matte, so I always put lip balm underneath, and they are drying, but not really drying, no more than your average matte lipstick. If you can get your hands on these, I really recommend trying them, especially at $2 a shot.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this shade.

It is red-orange with a hint of neon orange, it makes my face look brighter. I usually apply this on my lazy day just only eyebrow// cheek// and complete the look by this orange lipstick, it's fantastic!

This lasts long on my lips all day, no need much to re-apply, quite matte so I need to apply lip balm before use it, worth my money, this color becomes one of my favorite. I have 3 shades of wet n' wild lipstick so far; 906 wine room, 912 in the flesh and this one 970 Purty Persimmon and gonna go to get the others soon.

on 12/4/2015 7:38:00 PM

Good dupe for lady danger except its not as bright and a lil more orange but it is one of my favorites the texture is nice and good for the price. I love all wnw lipsticks this being in the top 5.

on 11/13/2015 11:03:00 AM

This is the lippie that kept me from getting Lady Danger. I had this first.

Basically it's a vivid red orange shade... Tomato and bell pepper red. I love this shade - somewhat serious, somewhat playful, but flattering. It brightens the whole face and will suit a lot of skintones.

This color is a loud one. You can apply it fully on your lips, but I usually apply this in a "just-bitten" way (swiping only in the center, then just pat it a little for a gradiation effect) to subdue it. Surprisingly, it makes my teeth look whiter. Works best during the summer months but you can wear this all year round!

Texture is good, creamy and nondrying despite being semi-matte. Will last 4-5 hours with a little drinking. Bought this for PhP110, for the quality, that's a bargain. It's a must-have for coral lipstick junkies like me!

I bought this as a dupe to MAC's Lady Danger and man... gorgeous. I LOVE this shade, it works great as an every day shade and gives me a retro glam feel. Nice feel on, pretty long lasting, and matte too, which is my preference. And for only ~$3? Seriously, can't go wrong on this one.

ETA: One issue I have noticed is that as this product wears off weirdlky. Rather than just fading it seems like the orange hues go away, and the colour it leaves is a decidedly neon pink colour. It's weird.

on 8/26/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was so in love with Mac lady danger/so chaud but found this as a dupe. WnW purty pessimmon is a gorgeous orangy red lippy. Semi matte hence not too drying and easy to apply. Its so pretty on my tanned skin I get compliments whenever I wear it.
However be careful with the packaging as its not too tight and secure so might fall off.

Other than that I would definitely repurchase and highly recommend if the Mac price scares you.

Love it

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Good bargain semi-matte lipstick! For only $1.97 a pop, it's amazing! Color stays on for about 3-4hrs but reapplies smoothly with ease! This color in particular looks amazing on my tanned Mac NC 42 (Loreal tru match w7) skin tone. It shows up as bright red orange color on my pigmented lips. It's perfect for spring or summer months! Highly recommended.

on 8/24/2015 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love matte lipsticks but I feel like a clown wearing this vivid orangey-red color. Doesn't smell weird. Doesn't twist all the way down into the tube.