Wet 'n' Wild Megalast in Purty Persimmon

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this shade.

It is red-orange with a hint of neon orange, it makes my face look brighter. I usually apply this on my lazy day just only eyebrow// cheek// and complete the look by this orange lipstick, it's fantastic!

This lasts long on my lips all day, no need much to re-apply, quite matte so I need to apply lip balm before use it, worth my money, this color becomes one of my favorite. I have 3 shades of wet n' wild lipstick so far; 906 wine room, 912 in the flesh and this one 970 Purty Persimmon and gonna go to get the others soon.

on 12/4/2015 7:38:00 PM

Good dupe for lady danger except its not as bright and a lil more orange but it is one of my favorites the texture is nice and good for the price. I love all wnw lipsticks this being in the top 5.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/13/2015 11:03:00 AM

This is the lippie that kept me from getting Lady Danger. I had this first.

Basically it's a vivid red orange shade... Tomato and bell pepper red. I love this shade - somewhat serious, somewhat playful, but flattering. It brightens the whole face and will suit a lot of skintones.

This color is a loud one. You can apply it fully on your lips, but I usually apply this in a "just-bitten" way (swiping only in the center, then just pat it a little for a gradiation effect) to subdue it. Surprisingly, it makes my teeth look whiter. Works best during the summer months but you can wear this all year round!

Texture is good, creamy and nondrying despite being semi-matte. Will last 4-5 hours with a little drinking. Bought this for PhP110, for the quality, that's a bargain. It's a must-have for coral lipstick junkies like me!

I bought this as a dupe to MAC's Lady Danger and man... gorgeous. I LOVE this shade, it works great as an every day shade and gives me a retro glam feel. Nice feel on, pretty long lasting, and matte too, which is my preference. And for only ~$3? Seriously, can't go wrong on this one.

ETA: One issue I have noticed is that as this product wears off weirdlky. Rather than just fading it seems like the orange hues go away, and the colour it leaves is a decidedly neon pink colour. It's weird.

on 8/26/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was so in love with Mac lady danger/so chaud but found this as a dupe. WnW purty pessimmon is a gorgeous orangy red lippy. Semi matte hence not too drying and easy to apply. Its so pretty on my tanned skin I get compliments whenever I wear it.
However be careful with the packaging as its not too tight and secure so might fall off.

Other than that I would definitely repurchase and highly recommend if the Mac price scares you.

Love it

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Good bargain semi-matte lipstick! For only $1.97 a pop, it's amazing! Color stays on for about 3-4hrs but reapplies smoothly with ease! This color in particular looks amazing on my tanned Mac NC 42 (Loreal tru match w7) skin tone. It shows up as bright red orange color on my pigmented lips. It's perfect for spring or summer months! Highly recommended.

on 8/24/2015 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love matte lipsticks but I feel like a clown wearing this vivid orangey-red color. Doesn't smell weird. Doesn't twist all the way down into the tube.

this is a great low end answer to the blood orange lipsticks that are super popular right now, especially if you are unsure about how the color will look on you. Definitely try this before you drop $30 on nars heat wave! It's dirt cheap and a vibrant warm orange-red. It's a non-hydrating but smooth satin-y texture, and while I wouldn't say it really "megalasts" (lol) it's pretty long wearing for being so cheap. I prefer wet n wild megalast lipstick to pretty much any other more expensive drugstore lipstick, barring NYX. I wore this ever day freshman year of college and got compliments on it all the time!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

So many women describe the Purty Persimonn shade as being an orange warm red,but on my fair warm undertoned skin,it doesn't look good,it looks more blue and cool toned and too bright. Also the Rosebud shade goes on pretty smooth,and it was only slightly drying,but the Purty Persimonn and 25 Carrot Gold went on more dry and patchy on my lips,but the 25 Carrot Gold was less so than the Purty Persimonn.Do most of you wear any Chapstick or any other lip balm underneath or over these lipsticks?

on 1/12/2015 4:25:00 AM

I don't usually wear red lipsticks, but wanted to try one since it was in style (2014). Since I'm am Asian, tomato-reds seemed like a good choice. This is cheap (just in case, I didn't/couldn't wear it), long lasting, color is vibrant and matte. Although people have told me they don't like this color on me, I love it. I wear it when I feel like being annoying. I'll need to buy another one.