Sukin Purifying facial mask

Sukin Purifying facial mask

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Caprylic/capric Triglycerides, Glycerin, Bentonite, Talc, Kaolin, Lecithin, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, CI 77491, Citrus Paradisi Extract (Grapefruit Seed), Linalool,* Limonene.* * Natural component of essential oils.

on 8/27/2016 5:46:00 AM

I'm not sure whether this did anything for my skin or not. I mean it felt luxurious slathering red clay on my face and I liked the smell. It dried into a very hard mask, and when I washed it off my skin was exceptionally smooth afterwards. But did it make any difference to my skin overall? Not enough for me to keep on using it.

If you're after some non-expensive facial pampering I'd recommend it, but then again you could probably achieve the same with an avocado at home.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have clogged pores. First impression: the consistency is pretty thin as i had to put on a few layers to avoid it dry too quickly. It's nowhere near as tight as the Aztec clay mask. Result: skin is noticably softer.

Update 5/7/16: used it as a spot treatment for small pimples overnight. Rather than shrinking them, it brought them to a head and I had to pop them otherwise they will stay there forever

Update 15/7/16: this didn't do anything.

on 4/15/2013 3:48:00 AM

Ok. Wow. If you are sensitive to smell, DO NOT buy this. It smells terrible. Like poo pretty much, it is foul. It does the job as a face mask would do but really, if I had smelt it before I bought it I would not have purchased. I will probably put this on eBay and buy one that doesn't stink. Can't stand it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I initially tried this a few months ago, once per week over probably a 1 month time frame. I ceased using it, as I was beginning to get quite an extensive breakout (really, Im 31 years old??!!). It has now been a few months, my skin has calmed, and I have started using this again.
I had my first re-try 2 days ago, and voila, a lovely zit or two has popped up to say 'hello' on my congested chin area. I have done a fair bit of research re; red kaolin clay which is the main ingredient in this product. Kaolin clay is well known for its 'drawing impurity' property. Thus using this product, at first you will expect to have breakouts (if skin is congested), until your skin is crystal clear.
Ive had congested skin for-ever!! So, if this product can fix that concern, I will be extremely grateful to its creator.

Ive given a 3 lippy rating at this point, only because I am holding my breath that after purging, my skin is a glowing ray of light, without a blemish in sight!!!

Ill keep you posted on my skin rejuvenation progress and re-review in a few weeks.

FYI - I use this following cleansing, and apply while sitting in a hot bath to encourage pores to open.
x

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this mask when it was on sale in Chemist Warehouse for $10-ish.
Pro - natural components, doesn't stain my sink & my shirt despite its colour.
Cons - Dry my skin a lot & gives me a few small zits the day after but do keep in mind that I have fairly sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After buying this i was using once a week or so (if i remebr to) but i read in here some treated using it as spot treatment,i gave t ago about two nights in a row finaly those breakouts during menstruation cycle are no longer visible

on 4/4/2016 8:30:00 AM

I bought this about 6 months ago and have been using it once a week since then.

It leaves my skin very smooth and visually improves pores. It's not too drying either like other masks.

I don't like the smell or the way it dries almost instantly on my face, I usually prefer to use a thin layer of product but with this I have to use a little more to ensure my face is evenly covered.

Overall, I like it and would purchase it again

on 2/28/2016 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A great facial mask for one a week treatment. It has helped minimise my breakouts, the size of my pores and helped calm my skin in general. It doesn't do anything really drastic though so don't expect anything incredible.

Plus it smells like bubblegum, so amazing! And easy to remove.

on 9/21/2014 7:48:00 PM

I think for the price this product is a real gem. Like pretty much all of the sukin products. Unlike other purifying masks such as those from Aesop and Khiels it isn't too drying, so my skin doesn't freak out when I use it. I do, however, find that sometimes it takes a couple of days of using it consecutively for it to really draw out some of my congestion. The mostly natural ingredients means my skin isn't irritated at all with using it.

on 5/21/2014 6:38:00 AM

Pretty impressed with this product. Good packaging, easy to get out of the tub, re sealable without being messy, and feels great on my skin! I use this once a week. Will definitely repurchase