Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal

2.7

on 6/21/2017 9:08:00 PM

This is a pslightly peachy pink blush. I like the colour, but it loses two lippies for being quite sheer and a pain to apply. I am NW15 and like the results when it is built up with a real techniques blush brush. The finish is natural and pretty, but I'm not sure it would show up on a less pasty skintone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

EDIT 4/20/17: Came back and gave this 4 lipsticks instead of 3! This blush grew on me so much and I ended up buying 2 more: Plum Wine and Coffee Cake. I realized I love the dewy highlighted look.

I liked the idea of this blush, though the novelty of the "bouncy" texture wears off quickly. I tried using my fingers at first, but I found that moves around my concealer. I'd say only apply with your fingers in a rubbing motion only if you have perfect skin and/or don't have blemishes in your cheek area.

I found that using a dense stippling brush works better--really work the product into the brush, and then stamp onto your face.

How it wears: this blush immediately gives me that lived-in, end-of-the-day, natural-face-oil glow, which I like--but some might not, ha!

This blush looked pale and frosty in the pan, but the colour payoff is very light, lighter than expected, on the skin. I wouldn't repurchase this colour, but I'd go for a darker one (like the Candy Coral one I was eyeing) because it would be more pigmented.

(I caved and joined MakeupAlley! I figured, I've been relying for years on the few reviews you can view without signing up ... So might as well today!)

(I bought this because my old blush is old, gross, and previously-shattered-and-inexpertly-repaired-with-rubbing-alcohol. So I don't have very high blush standards. It was also really powdery and stark. I don't even know the brand to properly warn people because it's rubbed off.)

This is absolutely useless product.
The colour looks so nice and it's easy to see, how it would compliment my pale skin.
Nope.
No way to pick up the product. I mean, how do people who liked it, apply it? I've tried different brushes, fingers, even tried to rub it against my checks. Nope. Didn't work. The consistency of some kind of hardened slime for kids. The product got gross after awhile and I tossed it.
Don't waste your money. There are lots of better blushes in the same price range.

on 6/15/2015 10:35:00 PM

Ugh. Hands down worst blush I ever bought ever. Wasn't sure what to do with it. Applied it with my fingers...looked like crap...blended it out and it disappeared. Tried it twice then trashed it. Wouldn't even give this to a 12 year old for practice makeup.

on 6/15/2015 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

PROS: Nothing. Not even the "bouncy" part, it's so subtle, it's a gimmick.

CONS: Mine is way drier than I expected, PLUS like everybody else says, difficult to apply. Don't bother with a brush at all, the best way is stippling with fingers. Only issue is that once you start to blend it out, it totally disappears. It is not blendable, either you kind of shove a whole bunch down or lose tons of coverage.

OVERALL: I really regret not looking up reviews for this. This is fail.

I purchased this blush as I was scanning the aisles looking for a fun new product to try. I had an ideal blush in mind, pale pink. I tend to stick to mauve toned blushes and wanted something a little different. Much to my disappointment, this blush was not what I had in mind. The color is so sheer, there's no color payoff onto my cheeks at all. When used with a normal brush, the blush gets dirty. When used with a stippling brush, it just moves the product, none of it actually getting onto the brush. I like the packaging a lot, very cute and simple. But overall, this product was a miss for me.

on 4/24/2015 5:06:00 PM

I bought this a few months ago and I have to say, I was very disappointed. I felt like I never got product out of the packaging and onto my face. It was hard to blend and just looked terrible. Would not recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because there were some positive MUA reviews and I am wanting to move away from powder blush. This one is a BIG FAIL for me, which is too bad, because I like the idea of a blush that has both power and cream-like qualities.

Pros:
+affordable, especially w one of my CVS coupons
+pretty color in the compact
+has not broken me out (although I never use it, so who knows if it would have given me spots w regular use)

Cons:
-the consistency is almost grainy as it is supposed to be a combo powder/cream
-it shifted as soon as I opened it and the excess started moving off the sides of the compact - I keep it in a dark, dry place, lying flat, and no matter how often I wiped the excess from the sides, product still seeped out - making a MESS
-formula is a little dry, so I am guessing, for those who like it, they must work quickly
-the formula didn't work w any of my brushes - each time product just stuck to the bristles, which made distributing it on my cheeks an uneven yuck and blending a nightmare
-impossible to wash out of my brushes - I tried four different brushes to get this stuff to work and I ended up having to use a combo dishwasher soap and peroxide to clean it off my brushes

Big disappointment!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wanted a very fair, pale, pink blush for the natural look. Those days when a woman will still meticulously apply makeup, but wanting to pull off the "I basically look like this when I wake up". lol It takes hard work to achieve the natural look! :)

I love the look of Dream Bouncy Blush in bright, and/or dark colors, and applying it is quick and easy because of its low pigmentation. No need to be extra careful applying with a light touch because of a concern I will venture into Baby Jane territory.

When it comes to wearing a sheer, very pale pink to achieve the natural look, had to apply Rose Petal with a heavy hand and reapply at least several times to see a light, sheer pop of color.

Paid $7.99 for the blush, so can't complain. This is still one of my fav line of ds blushes.

on 11/24/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the strangest product!

PROS:
Shade selection
Once the product is on, I really, really like the color on my cheeks. ( rose petal )
It's not as dry or drying as a typical powder, yet once it's applied, it does turn powdery versus remaining creamy on the skin. That's a great feature for me.

CONS:
Damn near impossible to apply. Seriously, no exaggeration. This stuff is damn near impossible to apply no matter the method, and for me a brush is out of the question. I'm not gunking up any of my brushes with this stuff. Getting it onto fingers isn't easy, blending it on the cheek not much easier. It's almost like finger paint that has started to dry out.
Not very pigmented. Some may desire more pop.
Doesn't have decent staying power.
Because it's so difficult to blend, it can very easily move or strip off your base.
It WILL settle into pores and other indentations when over-applied with fingers or applied to dry skin.

WTF were they thinking with the consistency of this? I was hoping for a creamy powder blush and this is more like a science experiment. I just don't understand. I will use this up. Will not repurchase.
I gave it a rating of 3 overall because they have this product *almost* right.

Popular Blush Products