Essence Liquid Eyeliner

No Image

4.2

AQUA (WATER), PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, XANTHAN GUM, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PEG-26-BUTETH-26, TETRASODIUM EDTA, ALLANTOIN, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISABOLOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77266 (NANO).SOURCE: http://www.essence.eu/products/eyes/eyeliner-kajal/e/product/liquid-eyeliner/

on 3/2/2017 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is, hands down, the best eyeliner I have ever used.
It does not budge, ever(and I am a college student, so it has been put to the test. I have worn it for probably closer to 24hrs, I have sweat profusely with it, I have (unfortunately) even slept with it on. It has never moved, even though I slept with it AND false lashes!). It's also jet black, and stays that way.

When using it, you have to keep in mind that the formula is very runny. So, before applying it, I wipe off the excess product on a napkin. Otherwise it might make a mess. I'm also not a huge fan of the wand. It's short and not as pointy as I would like. It does work with a bit of effort, but I like to wipe off some of the product onto the wand from an old liquid eyeliner by Loreal, which has a nicer wand, and apply it with that wand.

All in all, it is an amazing product at an incredible price point. If you're ready to put in a tad of effort, this is the best you'll get. Love it.

Great liquid eyeliner! Compares to high end ones and beats some of them as well.

The applicator is a foam tip/brush. It feels and looks like a foam tip, but it's flexible like a brush. I really like how it doesn't have bristles. Eventually, those fray and eyeliner goes everywhere haha.

Black when applied and stays black once it dries. :D So happy that it doesn't fade once it dries. Lasts alllll day and doesn't flake, chip, or smear.

Although, it's a trick to apply it. You have to have a steady hand and move it across just right to get a straight line. Maybe I'm just not a pro at eyeliner lol but it takes more work for me than a regular eyeliner.

Love this for dramatic wings! I'm sporting a long wing today, using this product, and I am digging it haha. 100% recommend. Find it at Ulta and try it out!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit; this is so exactly similar to the Guerlain liner that I love, and have tried SO LONG to find a dupe for, that i checked the ingredients list- there are several very worrisome ingredients, particularly Alcohol denatured, which is almost at the top of the list, i don't think i would want this so close to my eyes considering liquid liner often gets into eyes. it also has SLS.

PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL DENAT., STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ALLANTOIN, BISABOLOL, AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, XANTHAN GUM, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PPG-26-BUTETH-26, TETRASODIUM EDTA, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, FARNESOL, CI 77266 (BLACK 2) (NANO), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

my eyes are very sensitive :( have not docked a point for this, but i feel this may not be HG after all.
This is a rich, dark, glossy black! doesn't read as 'flat' glossy once applied, but a bit of sheen which is awesome!
If you make a mistake you can wipe with damp cotton bud easily. Great dupe for Guerlain liquid liner except for the brush (which sucks). I am using that liquid liner's brush (washed of course) with this instead of the one it comes with.

i would suggest this product to anyone who likes brush liquid liners (rather than pen style)--BUT i would tell them to use a separate pointy brush they like, as the one that comes with this is felt, and not good for precision.

on 11/5/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG liquid liner. I'm known for my cat-eye makeup and have tried almost every liquid liner I could find. This goes on jet black, stays all day, and doesn't crease or smudge. I have very oily kids and this is the ONLY liner that doesn't move once it's on. It does go on fairly wet, so for application I apply before mascara and after shadow; then once I apply it I will keep my eyes closed to let it dry. It does fade slightly throughout the day, but only after 6+ hours. I love this so much that I buy out the entire stock at ulta everytime I go. No idea what I would ever do if they discontinued this!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyeliner is my baby!! It's smooth, richly pigmented, easy to apply, and with a brush thin enough for my hooded lids. No other eyeliner has been this good to me.

on 3/4/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For $2.99 this eyeliner is a steal! It doesn't flake and it stays put all day. It performs just as well as the L'oreal liquid liners I used to buy, which are $8-$9. Also, I love the felt tip. Def repurchasing!

on 4/18/2014 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This review is for the double end liquid liner pen in black. I needed a thin tip liner pen after maybelline changed theirs to this thick tip and Essence had a thin tip as well as a thick tip. Not bad for the price but I can't use it everyday as it'll cause a mild reaction with my eyelids so that's a bummer.

on 3/6/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This may just be my new HG liquid eyeliner I just love it!!!! The color is a nice deep black, it never smudges or flakes and it lasts all day! The applicator is one of the easiest I have ever used and it is so simple to get that perfect line and then wing it out for a cute cat eye. This eyeliner is cheap too and for a bargain diva like me I love finding something I love that doesn't break the bank!!!! I recommend that everyone give it a try!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my 2nd purchase, so already answered to the re-purchase part. It goes on thick(ly) but is soooo rich and black that I love it!! I use it for the days where I'm simply too lazy to wear a heavy mascara (Great Lash work days for example) or just wearing a lengthening mascara. It may be just me, but I find it a little hard to do a fine line with it, but that's ok, like I said, great for the lazy mascara days (or no mascara days). It's sooo incredibly in-expensive that it's alright to just keep it the month I keep any liquid eye products (I toss away mascara and liners after 6 wks max) and can feel guilt-less w/ this as I only paid 2.99 CAD for it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I looooooove this eyeliner. It is dramatic, bold and stays on for ages. I love it. I have the waterproof one, and it is definitely true to its word. The only downside to this is the applicator, it makes it difficult to get thin lines so I wouldn't use this as an everyday eyeliner, more as a going out type. Would definitely buy again as it is very cheap in Australia!