Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick- Fig

No Image

4.1

on 4/26/2015 11:18:00 PM

This is a very flattering red shade that can be intensified or sheeted out easily.
For me it's a warmer slightly brown toned red.
Great texture; I just think the price is quite high, since I'm a lipstick addict and have several. I just don't wear the same lipstick even twice in a row, so it's hard to justify the cost, having 30 plus lippies!

I have been searching for 20+ years for a red I felt comfortable in. I found it.

-color is stunning, blue based great for cool skin tones
-makes my teeth look really white
-every time I wear it somebody asks me what color it is
-I always get flirted with when I wear this lipstick

I never used red as an everyday color, but find myself reaching for this more and more.

I love the scent, texture and packaging. This is a HG red for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

They say there is a red to suit every skin tone...well, this one's mine. It looks sooooo good on me, brightens up my face and I always get compliments when I wear it.

Its a highly pigmented, rich creamy color that stays on long and doesn't smudge. And it has a wonderful fragrance too. Oh and I LOVE the packaging....the tube is so glamorous and luxurious. This is def my fave lipstick...there's nothing I don't like about it.

on 5/15/2011 12:52:00 PM

I thought this color would look ridiculous on me because of my fair skin, but this color almost has a hint of berry in it, which is why it matched my skin very nicely. The smell is also delicious! The application is very smooth and my lips felt creamy (yet it didn't smudge or anything).

on 5/10/2011 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Knowing I have extremely cool complexion, I steer clear of warm lipstick shades since I had my share of regrets in the past.

But this shade is different. On my lips, it is a very wearable dark wine colour crossed with brown. It may be a bit expressive on daytime and may need to be used sparingly with a lip brush, but it is perfect for night. I definitely love it and will buy it again.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got this lippie in the Christmas huge EL set... So it was not really something I have chosen. I have it there, lingering around. I have been putting this a half dozen of times and I had to blend it with lighter shaded lippies to make it acceptable.. I am fair toned w/ light eyes and blonde hair... and this brown shade is a bit heavy to me. Or it's just a matter of fashion... I recall wearing brown lippies back in the early 90's and those brwns are not in fashion anymore. Perhaps this is the reason i do not like how it looks on me. I have given it away to my mother (who has darker tones than me).
Defintitely will work better on brunettes!

on 1/20/2008 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel, Combo, No Breakouts. I like the formulas of the EL lippies, but can't get past the overwhelming smell! I just can't do it, no matter how much I like the color.

on 8/6/2007 5:58:00 PM

Gorgeous red-brown color. I am fair, so I apply lightly and blot when I want a beautiful simple stained lip look. It smells good too!

on 11/8/2006 12:02:00 AM

I saw this on a model in September Allure and had to get it immediately. Fig is a very densely pigmented warm red/berry colour with slight shimmer and I literally DAB it on to get a stain as it is very overpowering if you wear too much.
Judging from these reviews it doesn't seem to suit PPP's and is a warm colour geared towards warmer, olive tones which is what I am.
The scent is very unusual as I smell figs and cinnamon and I quite like it! I don't know if I'm imagining it but I seem to detect cinnamon in the formula as my lips definitely fill out and look plump when I wear this and they "tingle" ever so slightly.
Apparently this is given out frequently as a GWP and that's how I got it. continued >>

on 2/15/2006 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this is one of my favorite shades but i hate the faint rosy scent. Fig is a browned red shade. The perfect red that has warm undertones and doesnt turn pink. Too bad this has a disgusting flowery fruity scent. the lippie itself is moisturizing. retails for $22 and comes in a gold tube. This is also a frequent Gift with Purchase SHade. pretty but hate the scent.