Clarisonic Acne Brush Head

No Image

3.7

on 11/6/2016 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Found this to be way too rough and unpleasant to use.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this device three days ago and I have to say I'm still really on the fence about it. Firstly I find the brush head ( the one it came with) quite stiff meaning I have to really press it hard to my face especially around the side of my nose for the bristles to do their job. Secondly I don't like the rounded angles of the unit, it tends to slide around on the counter or edge of the tub, I'm really scared it is gonna slip and fall onto the floor. At that price I don't want it to bust the first day. Now how's is my skin liking it? Well, not really. It has made my face insanely dry. I've heard other reviewers say their cream soaks in really well. If that means their skin is all dried out then, yes. Yesterday I had to put moisturizer on twice and I'm not convinced that is necessarily a good thing. Despite two layers of day cream, I am really flakey and dry. After the first use (in the evening) I woke up to a zit on a spot I don't normally get any zits - co-incidence, perhaps. Maybe I need to try the gentle head. I've so far used the cleansing gel it came with once and a Garnier Fresh cleansing gel the rest of the time. Perhaps I will get a more desirable result with a different cleanser but so far I find this thing pretty harsh. I'm going back to the Proactiv Solution system in the spring- it has the perfect level of exfoliation and leaves my skin dewey and polished.

Update: It is now May and I've had this thing for several months. I am no longer using it. The verdict is in and I hate it. I reported waking up to a pimple after using it, I figured it was just caused by impurities coming to the surfacing and stuck with it. Well, getting zits from it became a regular event. Also, it really dried out my skin meaning I needed at least two, if not three applications of moisturizer. What is the point of using something to deep clean if it makes you have to load up on tons of goo?! This makes no sense. This item is fit for the pit.

on 1/6/2015 11:18:00 PM

I am in no way saying anything bad about the clarisonic itself by posting this review because the clarisonic is a God given gift that works miracles on skin!! But, this head was too rough for my skin. I do not have sensitive skin, just normal combination skin. I think that unless you have severe acne (Im talking deep pore cystic kind,) then you should just go for the regular brush head. I talked to a sephora lady and she told me the same thing, that the regular one would clear up the average person's acne and other skin issues. This one dried out my skin and made it so I couldn't wash it everyday. So unless you have severe, very bad skin issues, I would stick to the normal brush head. Although this was a no go for me, it probably is awesome for those who really need a tougher brush!

on 11/1/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had acne for 11 years, and the clarisonic has made a huge difference in my skin. I've been using my Mia2 since December 2011 and love it! Initially, I was using the sensitive brush head, and it was too abrasive for my sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. Once I switched to the acne brush, I noticed my face was less irritated after cleansing, and my face looked better overall. Unlike other reviewers on here, I've found that the acne head helped my skin rather than harmed it; as long as I thoroughly clean the brush head after each use, I don't get any new breakouts. Overall, this brush is good for sensitive, acne prone skin and cleanses effectively.

on 4/25/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is the second head I purchase besides the original that comes with the Mia (one speed) and I've definitely noticed a big difference. I don't use it everyday, sometimes I'm too lazy :/ but everytime I do, my complexion is clean and the pores are significantly reduced. The brush is more plush which makes it more sensitive to the skin. I'm still breaking out but I don't blame the brush, I have stress and also get too lazy to fully remove make up. I will use this more often, at least at night time. It can be pricey when you have a skin care regime, I got it at Nordstrom with a 10% discount, be on the look out for sales or events at department stores that sell Clarisonic to get your brushes. Give it a try! Is worth it ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using MIA 2 for 2 years,for the first year I used the sensitive brush because,well,I have very sensitive acne prone skin. And honestly the clarisonic didn't help at all,but it made it worst in my opinion. So when they came out with this brush head last year I bought it right away. I used to use it once a day at night but it was too much,and then I only use it couple times a week,still too much! Now I only use it few times a month. The last time I used my MIA 2 with this brush was last week and I got breakouts on my upper cheeks. I'm going to give it a try one last time after my breakouts calm down and if its still causing my skin to breakout I'm going to switch to the newest brush head called "cashmere" if I'm no mistaken. To be honest, I regret purchasing the clarisonic MIA 2.

I didn't love my clarisonic until I used this brush head. Before I was using the normal skin brush head and I didn't try a different brush head for years because I wasn't sure my skin would be able to handle anything more abrasive. This has cleared up my breakouts significantly and makes my skin soooo soft and I didn't have any bad reaction using a more deep cleansing brush. My skin has changed so much since changing my brush head so don't be afraid to try a different one.

I swirched to acne brush head after breaking out usinh the normal brush head but I still want to experiment all the different brush hedd before giving up on my Mia 2. Although I was breaking out on my cheeks and chin after starting using Clarisonic, I had reviewed different sources and understood that if you use the brush head that's unsuitable for your skin, this would happened. So, I suggest all first time Clarisonic users to stick to the sensitive brush head. Because when I eventually uses the sensitive brush head, it stop breaking my skin out. I also use the Mia sparingly, usually once a day at night but I sometimes skip if I am not doing any sheet mask afterwards. because I was breaking out badly, I had been using sheet masks (my beauty diary masks which is cheap and good) on a daily basis until my skin have recovered. now I only left 1 or 2 zits and has been loving my clarisonic since.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've had a MIA for about a year now. I've tried a few of the brush heads, but the Acne Prone one is by far the best. I don't have acne, but do suffer an occasional break out. Whatever this brush is made of works noticeably better than the others. I've tried to Deep Clean and the regular ones. I will continue using this brush head until my MIA breaks!

on 5/18/2013 2:57:00 PM

Life saver, worth every penny, I had severe painful all over my face swollen red angry acne. I purchased the acne kit, and I use it with cetaphil antibacterial bar, and it's cleared my acne in a little over a month. Now all I have is scars but it's working its magic on those too. I love it and would def recommend to anyone struggling with acne.

Popular Face Skincare Products