Cover Girl Professional Waterproof Mascara

Cover Girl Professional Waterproof Mascara

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Propylparaben, Trisodium Edta, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Glyceryl Oleate, Methylcellulose, Iron Oxides. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 12/5/2017 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG everyday mascara. super cheap, doesn't smug, comes off pretty well. not dramatic, not super lengthening but totally daytime appropriate. I have gotten one bad tube, smeared, but ever other one good.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the greatest or one of the worst mascaras; all depending on how you like your mascara. If you like your mascara thickening, volumizing, and magnifying, this isn't for you. If you like your lashes natural but still made up looking, you'll love this. It's darkening, lengthening, and as mentioned: very natural. And it is truly waterproof; even kind of soap-proof. I happen to be someone who prefers an almost gothic-looking mascara look. So, for me this is not something that I will buy again, but I can see this being HG quality for some.

on 7/3/2016 5:10:00 PM

I have used this mascara over the years and when my daughter's makeup obsessed friend told me it was "the best" (even better than high end brands!) I decided to revisit it. I tried to find the one with the curved wand, since that is the one I used a long time ago and the one she recommended, but CVS did not have it. It went on very nicely, and gave me nice, even coverage, and held my curl. Nothing "wow" but nothing bad. So, I used it again this morning with the same results; however, this time I decided to curl my lashes again (after the mascara I applied had dried) and add more mascara. What the heck, let's see if it this gets better or worse. Much to my delighted surprise it only got better. My lashes were enormous, very long, lovely curl AND that was at 6am this morning. It is now 4pm and they look flawless. I even took a little nap after lunch and they look great. It is very rare (for me) to add MORE mascara to already dried lashes and get anything other than a horrid mess. I am so impressed with this and I think it cost me $6 at CVS, which means it will be less at Walmart. I have used other "old school" Cover Girl mascaras before, and I liked them as good, basic, mascaras, but this is is a step above. The "new school" Cover Girl mascaras (the ones that have come out in the last few years with the enormous wands) never work for me because the wands are too big for my small sad lashes. Give this one a try. You can always save your receipt and take it back to CVS.

on 10/10/2014 12:59:00 AM

This is the only mascara drug store or higher end that i've ever found to not smudge at all what so ever on my oily eyelids. I find it good for lengthing, dark coloring, and an excellent waterproof formula. If you're looking for volume i wouldnt say this would be for you but if you have issues with smudging this is perfect. I keep trying other things but in the end coming back to this. The other 2 professional ones by cover girl in the purple and pink tubes smudge.

on 11/16/2014 7:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

When I first used this I was really wowed and ready to jump on here and review this and confess to it being an HG mascara but I have thankfully learned how important it is to review with care and to wait to review a product until after you have used it for awhile so you can get to know it really well and to give it time to rear its ugly side.
At first this mascara really wowed me. It held a curl, didn't smudge, didn't flake, didn't get stuck to my contacts, no clumps, buildable length and volume, no excess product on the wand that I'd have to sit in front of the mirror trying to scrap off for an obscene amount of time. It did everything I've been wanting in a mascara...and then it happened. It failed me. My curl fell, got flakes stuck to my contacts that were in PITA to get off them, had the dreaded mascara marks one would get on your upper eyelid where your lashes hit the skin, flakes right under my eyes and I think whatever natural oils my eye area produce may have broken down the mascara or maybe it was my eye cream/oil I used that broke it down.
I really loved this product at first. It was wonderful and I was thoroughly impressed with it. I really thought I had found my HG mascara and the price for this was under $4 with tax at Walmart, what more could I ask for? I'm not understanding what went wrong and what happened. It performed so well for the first week I used it then BAM! It just started acting out in defiance out of nowhere. I have no idea why it broke down, flaked and smudged because I made sure to get the waterproof kind so I'm a little irritated that it left that dreaded mascara mark on my upper lid area which is not awesome at all. I miss my baby, my HG mascara from Maybelline, it was in a long narrow dark midnight blue tube with silver sparkles on it, I think it may have been called Sky High Curves? That was my HG for the longest time then Maybelline had the nerve to discontinue it! I have yet to find a mascara that gives me the same results as that dc'd mascara. I thought I found it in this CG one cause the brush was almost similar, but no it's not good at all. I'm cheap and don't have a lot of money to replace things that don't work out for me, wished I had saved the receipt for this, I would have returned it and kicked out a few more dollars for something out. But I will try and finish this, make it work if I can and then move on to the next HG mascara hunt.
No more mascara from Covergirl, this is the second time I've had problems with their mascara and I think I'm going to stay far away from CG mascara from now on.

on 12/13/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Couldn't figure out what was causing my eyelids to swell. I developed a rash on my eyelids that burned then flaked. I narrowed it down to my new mascara Cover Girl Professional Waterproof Mascara. Apparently it contains the chemical Propylene Glycol which is known to cause allergic contact dermatitis!! My old mascara did not contain this ingredient (Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof) and I am switching back. I do not have sensitive skin nor no known allergies. This tube is going in the trash. Has anyone else experienced a reaction to this product?

on 2/5/2014 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have purchased this mascara multiple times over the years. Like others have stated, it isn't a mascara that really wows you, but it's a good, nice dependable mascara for every day that does the job. You can find it anywhere and it's inexpensive. It's easily removable and I don't notice it flaking on me. The other reason I like it right now is because I've found that I do not like a big thick mascara wand like Lash Blast and I'm sick of the hard plastic spikey wands that I end up painfully poking myself with. Give me a nice mascara with a traditional brush wand and right now I am happy.

It's a great mascara. It's just not waterproof. There is no way I would wear this swimming. It barely survived the humidity of my bathroom.

on 6/10/2014 6:49:00 PM

This is review for the Covergirl Professional All-in-One Waterproof Mascara.
I don't know why it doesn't say "All-in-One" in the title.

A superb mascara for the everyday. It provides decent length and volume --not extreme, but still noticeable enough that it nicely opens up your eyes. There is no clumping or flaking. And for asian straight lashes like mine, this mascara does wonders at holding curls, even with mulptiple coats.

As for waterproof, I don't think this formula is very waterproof/water-resistant. During these summer months, it definitely smudges after a few hours of wear, but it's also fairly easy to swipe away. I do set my undereye area with a powder, so I think it's the heat and not my face oil that's smudging it.

It is also not a pain to wash off. I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover + cotton pads, and the process is a breeze.

Will also use this in the winter months to come to see if the smudging problem persists.

Regardless of the smudging, this mascara is totally a thumbs up! If this mascara was priced at $6 or $7, I would have given it 4 stars, but because it is soooo inexpensive ($3.29) for its quality, it deserves 5 stars.

on 6/4/2014 9:00:00 PM

This mascara isn't huge and unique. It's my everyday mascara, and I like it because it doesn't flake off, and it will stay on for a little longer than my average mascara. Although these things are amazing, if you get it under your eyes, it's difficult to get off without makeup remover. This mascara isn't for those people who want their lashes to be super long, it's a product for a natural look.