Acure Organics Moroccan Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo

Acure Organics Moroccan Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo

on 4/24/2016 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've used the whole bottle through perseverance but if I were in a better monetary situation I wouldn't have. It's hit or miss whether this shampoo will actually get my hair to look clean.

I have fine Caucasian hair and oily roots. I wash my hair almost every day, sleeping on it ruins it completely. At best this shampoo will make my hair look like I washed it, so it's not completely useless I guess. Even if I section and part, taking small amounts at a time and really thoroughly scrubbing at my scalp, there are times where it still looks oily afterward, mostly on the back near the crown and down in some of the under sections. Additionally because it is such a watery consistency and so quickly absorbed I use twice or more of the amount of product I should actually probably need. I have to rub it all the way through my hair.

For packaging, a basic squeeze bottle sounds nice in theory as it should make it easier for you to get the exact amount you want; but this product is so watery and thin that it just pours out as soon as you open the cap.

I'm glad a lot of people like it but for me it is the worst shampoo I've ever used.

For some reason it smells very nice like almonds without having any almond extract in it, so it's got that going for it I guess.

This is one of my favorite shampoos. I love the smell and the way my hair feels after I wash it. After getting perioral dermatitis, I started to search for fragrance free/no sls products and while some made my hair feel greasy even after I washed it, this shampoo does the trick for me.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

This is my favorite shampoo. I've used it off and on for 3 years. I have tried so many different shampoos but I keep going back to this one.

I have normal/combination hair. It gets dry at the ends, sort of oily at the roots. My hair looks best when I shampoo every other day. I have color-treated hair and have for 2 years. This shampoo does not seem to fade my color at all.

It's a moisturizing shampoo but it's clear, which is rather unusual for moisturizing shampoos in my experience. Usually they're creamy/opaque and often they are *too* moisturizing for me and leave my hair feeling greasy. This is the only shampoo I've used that makes my hair feel clean without drying it out.

The price point is awesome considering how well it works. I have used salon shampoos that were way more expensive that didn't perform as well as this one. It lathers up nicely and rinses clean. I took off a lippie because I don't love the cherry almond scent, but it doesn't linger after the shower or anything and I don't hate the scent enough to stop using the shampoo. It isn't an overpowering scent or anything.

I use it with the coordinating conditioner which is also lovely. Moisturizing without making my hair oily.

I love that this product is free of sulfates, parabens and phthalates and that it's vegan and cruelty free. I don't have the bottle in front of me so I can't list the ingredients, but the list of "natural" ingredients was pretty impressive. There are very few hard-to-pronounce chemical ingredients, which is something I always appreciate as long as the product WORKS. This shampoo definitely works better than any I've tried so far...and I've tried a lot, both drugstore brands like Garnier and L'Oreal and salon brands like Kerastase, Redken, Biolage, etc. If you're a fan of Aveda products I think you will love the Acure Organics line. They don't have that Aveda scent, but they do perform as well or better for a fraction of the cost.

I first started buying this on Amazon until I found it at Whole Foods. IME Whole Foods consistently has the best price on this line (usually around $7-$8.) It must be getting popular because my local grocery store is now carrying it as well.

on 10/23/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I think I have found my holy grail shampoo and conditioner! I have been using these in combination the past two weeks and have yet to have a bad hair day (which is a miracle in itself). I love that the shampoo is chemical free and has good lather, this is a rare combination. Best of all this gives my hair good body without leaving it frizzy. I am ok with the almond scent and don't find it to be too strong.

This stuff is amazing! It works as good as any shampoo but has no harmful chemicals! I'm trying to avoid chemicals but ONLY if the natural product is as good as the chemical filled ones and this is!

on 8/12/2015 1:13:00 AM

Love this shampoo and conditioner!

So I listened to a podcast where they talked about how 30 minutes after taking a shower if they do a blood test the chemicals that are in your shampoo show up in your blood stream.... I didn't know that before but immediately decided to switch all my bath supplies to ones rated 1 by EWG. Oh my god, the first things I tried were SO horrible! I realized as much as I don't want chemicals I am not willing to sacrifice and use an inferior product. After being super frustrated with so many "healthy" products I have finally found my HG's! This shampoo feels like regular salon shampoo and it leaves my oily/fine hair soft and clean without stripping or drying it. Yes it smells VERY strongly of almonds, but I love that! The smell is totally gone by the time your hair dries anyways. I'm obsessed!

on 11/16/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this shampoo. Purchased the smaller tube size first and loved it so much I went back and got the larger pump-bottle size.

The shampoo cleans well and my hair feels soft and manageable. I have colour-treated hair and the shampoo did not stripe any colour at all. It protects my hair and prevents it from drying out and becoming straw-like from hair treatments.

Some people may not like the scent, but I like almond scented products and this one is fine.

Also, the price is really economical for such a large bottle (USD20 for 24 fl. oz on iherb) and from a very good organic natural skin and body care brand such as Acure.

Hope this never ever gets discontinued.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the WORST shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. I buy only top brands that I have spent hours researching but could not find much on this one. I color-treat and highlight my hair and used these products one week after my expensive salon treatment. The products totally washed out the color. I called the company and they would accept no responsbility other than to refund my money. I asked for verification that the products are actually salon-tested but they could not provide anything. They didn't care about my experience with their products or if I posted a negative review. If you color your hair then STAY AWAY from this line. I was hoping to find a good dimethicone-free product. Also, the shampoo bottle is very hard to open.

on 8/1/2014 2:24:00 PM

i think this is my HG shampoo...best thing i've ever used!

Popular Shampoos