L.A. Colors 12 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Chic

12 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Chic

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Hell-to-the-yeah to rebuy! I have Traditional, Glamorous & Chic <3 them for $1 you get 12 colors mostly matte the stars in this palette are the russet & pan on the left bottom lavender. I got this at dollar tree for $1. Use a different applicator if you wish I find this 1 a little dinky but it does work in a pinch better than u think. I’m loving my new dollar tree makeup why did I not know this existed normally I am 100% MAC but I’m not going to buy any more MAC for a hot minute I’ll never use it all up & I cringe when I think how much money I’ve spent on makeup so I’m going for cheap makeup & cruelty free brands also I use my MAC with my DT purchases & it works well to use them together at the rate I use up makeup I will never need to buy another color item just fdtn, concealer, powder, eyeliner (liquid & pencil) & mascara that gets used up but I have plenty rn. LA Colors is a guilt free way to buy good makeup (I feel guilty when I spend a lot of $$ esp since I don’t have it to spend) for $20 bucks you can really load up! One of every thing please! At dollar tree lol. Too bad they don’t come out w a lot of new stuff. LAC is better than the drug store stuff fr I don’t see the need to go spend $9 on a L’Oréal mascara or $12 on a revlon fdtn.this is no big deal to go replace good value & cruelty free big Y-E-S to rebuy!!

on 8/27/2014 8:30:00 AM

This caught my eye in the $store when I was getting other stuff. Normally I wouldn't consider L.A color mu, but the colors appealed to me. Violet, violet-leaning taupes, and a coppery brown, all pretty matte looking. The pigment is subtle, not strong enough for some people I suppose , but I like it and I think colors would be good for school or a conservative office. Staying power OK over a primer-I use Smashbox. I would buy this again.

It is only $1 so I didn't expect it to be soo good. It is really light and you have to apply primer and lots of it to get a good coverage. I usually use the natural color just for base. It's ok for $1

I picked this up for .86 cents at Winco while grocery shopping and thought for the price what the heck.

I've only attempted to use this once and I wasn't in the mood to try anything new so taking that into account I tried out a few of the colors and they make me look like I was sick. Albeit I am...("pre-lupus") and of the reasons I'm so into make up. If I look good I'll feel better.

To be fair I'll try this again at a later date when I'm more inspired. The muted colors in the palette are very pretty.

How are others combining the colors in this palette for a winning look?

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use it to tweak other eyeshadows,from other brands. Use it to add color, tone down a dark shade, etc.

on 12/7/2012 2:55:00 PM

I would say the quality of this is lacking, even when compared to the LA Colors "Traditional" palette--there's just not much pigment here. About 6 of the pans contain light dusty rose and lavender shades that are very similar, so you don't get much variety even with 12 pans. The compact also contains two ivory pans, a medium rose shade, a russet color, and the deep lavender lovingly described by a previous reviewer. I say I would buy this again because it's so cheap, but I wouldn't recommend it for others like me who already have plenty of eyeshadow! It would be good for someone just starting out with makeup, or for someone who left their makeup bag at home to pick up on a trip. For those who do already have plenty of mu and buy this anyway, you can use the lightly-pigmented shades to blend out darker colors. It's also handy to throw in your purse so you don't ruin your expensive stuff.

Wow... I never thought I would be writing a glowing review on an eyeshadow palette that I bought for 90 cents at BigLots. All you stereotypers of cheap products, please hear me out- I am also one who questions anything that is either not world-renouned (is that how you spell it?) and ridiculously cheap. Honestly, I did not know what came over me to buy this product. In this palette of 12 EYESHADOWS, you get a wide variety of pinks, mauves, light purples, and even a brown. I love the pigmentation that these have!! Surprisingly, they are also very blendable and do not crease or fade, when used with primer. They are also nicely scented! My only issue is the initial fallout, when you first put them on, but other than that, these are absolutely incredible shadows for their price. And remember- 90 FREAKING CENTS!

on 6/23/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The shadows have great pigmentation, but none of the colors really grasp my attention. They kinda remind me of Easter colors a little bit lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I think these are pretty great eyeshadows for the price. Decent pigmentation and they last a decent amount of time. The thing I love most about this palette is that there is a dupe of a discontinued LORAC eyeshadow that was called Innocence. The color is in the far left bottom corner of the palette. It is a very beautiful lavenderish color. GORGEOUS!