L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.7

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

This foundation has good coverage and has a glowing finish. I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin. Blends easily and feels lightweight. Lasts for a decent amount of time but needs powdering every few hours I find.

I haven't tried that many foundations because I have always loved this one and repurchase it. My skin is not that problematic, a few blemishes here and there so this light weight foundation suits me. However if you are looking for something heavy duty I wouldn't bother. It gives an absolutely flawless and beautiful finish (with maybe a bit of concealing needed on spots ect.) I think the dewy finish is perfect, not to oily. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a light weight, every day flawless look

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is lovely light way foundation, looks beautiful on the skin but better suitable for someone with more dry skin and maybe who doesn't have a lot to cover up on their faces,

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

At one time, my skin was basically a canvas of exploded dry pie crust...just flakes every damn where. With some changes to my skincare routine, that has improved, but most foundations still settle in a cakey and chalky way.

I have been using Coverall by Wet n Wild for a few years and like it but I wanted to try for a more smooth application with something else. My forehead always looks awful.

I researched this product for several weeks and figured the negative reviews were mainly from oily skinned people (who seem to be a majority in general). After using this product a week or so, I understand their horror. This is simply unworkable if your face is oily. It should be obvious, but again. Don't bother. Here's a quick rundown of my experimentation thusfar with a Real Techniques brush...

-UNDER LOTION W/SPF: Whoops! No no no. I forgot the Lumi has SPF, and my face looked as bad as it ever has. The foundation was gunky, greasy, and my pores were magnified.

-UNDER PRIMER: I didn't notice much change, but that may be the primer. I use Borghese.

-BARE SKIN: This was best, and I also realized I only need a little bit. The first few days, I had greasy skin and the makeup transferred everywhere. It was horrific. I noticed many vloggers saying they use way more than they do with other foundations. I tried just a tiny bit and it was MUCH better. I let one layer sit while I do brows and concealer, then put on another thin layer.

Overall, this foundation is a lot of work. I spend way too much time trying to get this to make nice looking skin. I have some redness but few marks/acne so it shouldn't be too difficult. I took someone's advice and got W1-2 when I'm cool toned and I'm not sure that worked. The makeup looks uneven and yellow.

I'm disappointed, but this could be a nice tinted moisturizer type if used in small quantities.

Update 6/28/15:
A few weeks in, I'm finding this foundation much better than I initially did. The less I use, the better it looks. It takes a bit of practice/trial and error, but I'm liking the way it looks.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by this product. At $33 this is the cheapest foundation I've bought and I think it's here to stay for my "everyday" makeup. The concept bears a striking resemblance to ysl's le teint touché eclat. I apply with fingers then blend using a damp blending sponge- this is the best way to make the most of the "luminous" finish IMO. I then use a powder lightly in my t-zone to avoid shininess. The light/medium coverage is perfect for me as it evens my skin tone but doesn't completely cover my freckles so it ends up quite natural looking. It hasn't caused any acne or reactions to my skin thus far. At the risk of sounding like a snob I couldn't give it 5/5 because it's still not quite as good as YSL Le teint touché eclat.

I just had to write a review for this. Im not an avid makeup fan once I find my HG of a product I rarely deviate. But this foundation really deserved a review. I go to US once a year and bulk buy my fave products (estee lauder and bobby brown) to bring back. Its three weeks till I go back and Ive ran out of doublewear light so grabbed this for like 8 pound from boots. I got it in rose beige as I'm a bit tanned atm but normally Im alot lighter.

This foundation is lovely the cover is just what I wanted medium coverage but buildable to full cover. I dont set this with powder as I dont feel like it needs it, the foundation gives me a very natural evening and smoothing of the skin its not totally matte and his a tint of 'glow' which disappears with powdering. I do have to reapply this once throughout the day but one pump covers my full face. The packaging is nice i love pumps on foundation so much easier!

I have combination skin but this just sits fine hasnt caused spots or oil just like a second skin!

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is beautiful foundation. It glides on smoothly leaving a healthy radiant looking complexion, yet never leaves you looking oily and blends superbly. It offers about medium coverage, which could be built up or sheered down. Honesty one of my favourite cheaper foundations. It lasts for the whole day, but a touch up would be necessary by late afternoon if you have oily skin. The packaging is cute and useful, I prefer pumps. I have repurchased this product twice already. Overall a good everyday foundation I use often and love.

I bought this foundation several days ago.
So, starting, I would like to point out what I look for in a foundation :
- light finish, feels like I have no foundation on
- something that would not make my pores look bigger
- not looking for a full coverage, but evening out the skintone

This product really does all mentioned above. If you require what I do, then you would be satisfied with it. However, if you are looking for a full coverage, this is not your product.
I give it 5 lippies because it's really what I was looking for a foundation and 3 lipppies for price, because, in my opinion it's a little bit expensive, considering its light formula.
Overall, I like it. I use it with Garnier 5 sec perfect blur as a primer and it gives me just the coverage I'm looking for.

Overall a good foundation. Good coverage. Easy pump packaging. I loved the glow it left on my skin. However I feel that extremely oily skin would not look very well with this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Dewy skin lovers rejoice!!

This is such a pretty foundation that really shows off your skin. It's not too shimmery that it looks unnatural (so important to me), but it adds just enough light reflection that you look nice and healthy and awake.

The coverage is solidly medium when I use my beauty blender, which is my preferred way for applying liquid foundation in general, including this one. This is great for those who like the healthy skin look, because it shows enough of my freckles to look like I have little to no makeup on, while still evening out my skin tone significantly. I do use a concealer to cover up acne and acne scars.

My biggest issue with this foundation is it's available color range. In Sweden they seem to offer only 4-6 shades, which is not a lot. Thankfully I have a close match in N1 Pure Pearl. It's a bit pink for someone who like to tone down the coolness in my skin, so sometimes I mix it with a more yellow toned foundation. But it's not a majorly pink-toned foundation at all (N being the neutral range). I'm probably around a NC15, so N1 also works for us pale gals.