L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.5

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to everyday foundation. The match is perfect. My skin is combination and this foundation doesn’t cling to my dry areas. It looks amazing and lasts throughout a whole night, making my skin look flawless. After applying, I give it about 30 min and the foundation sinks in and becomes one with my skin. I powder a bit on my cheeks and forehead so I don’t get too oily. I absolutely never look cakey in this! Great drugstore option for dry skinned girls!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product a lot. It's hard for me to find an exact match for foundation. But with the range of cool neutral and warm I found the perfect match! C5. Been using it for 2.5 years and one pump gives the right amount of coverage for a natural look :)

I kinda love this foundation, it has a smooth texture. I have really issues with getting cakey using a lot of foundations, but this one works great for my dry skin specially in these cold days.

UPDATE 28/08: After using this again, I retract my comment before when I said that it isn't dewy in natural light but it certainly is when applied on top of a lotion/moisturiser. Looks quite nice for several hours, however it can then start to feel greasy, with make-up kinda sliding around. I also feel the need to blend the crease it leaves on my smile lines more often. Still gonna leave 4 lippies for this but not a product I see myself reaching out for.

I rather use my MUFE Face & Body because of the longevity of the product looking great all day on my face, and it being more transfer resistant than this one.

Previous review:
I am wearing this today for the first time. I've wanted a dewy day to day foundation to alternate with my Dr Perricone MD No Foundation Serum (which is a bit more on the matte side). The good thing about this foundation which I was very concerned about was that it doesn't give polka dot pores. In fact it does a good job of not looking heavy or feeling heavy for that matter. In comparison to Bjourois Healthy Mix Serum (which did not work for me at all), the L'Oreal Lumi wins hands down. It even does a much better job than Boots No. 7 Perfect Foundation too in terms of adding some light reflective qualities.

In the evening or indoors (without harsh lighting), this looks flawless and when light reflects back from say, a computer screen! it definitely gives that beautiful luminous effect. But as soon as I stand near the window (true light), skin tone looks quite flat and not dewy at all.

I'm surprised a lot of people feels this foundation gave them that very wet, dewy look as I did not. I even layered with a Aqua primer beforehand.

I still prefer my MUFE F&B foundation but can only use it sparingly due to acne causing if I use it everyday.

I am extremely fussy with foundation choices so although this isn't perfect, it is a lot better than others I've tried.

This foundation doesn't have the best coverage, but it is lovely for a radiant, natural look.
It blends effortlessly into the skin, and is quick and easy to apply.

It is not ideal for oily skin types.

For normal to dry skin it is lovely to wear for a natural look, and great to go out for dinner/party in as it is luminous, though not long lasting (so probably not the best for work). So it will look lovely for maybe 5 hours tops before needing reapplication.

Recommend for those days you want something glowing and natural looking where you don't care about full coverage, but want to look nice.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I wear this foundation quite often, and it's amazing. Whenever i put it on my skin and go out people always compliment my skin and ask me what foundation i am wearing. I have yellow undertones and unfortunately bought the wrong shade (k2 rose porcelain), but i manage to make it work and blend the foundation very well so it matches my yellow neck. i mostly use this foundation when i have dry patches on my face, especially around my nose area and my chin.

I'm already on my second bottle of this because it is one of the only foundations I can use when my skin is seriously dry! Really recommend this for people with dry skin or anyone who wants a luminous foundation with good staying power and good coverage.

NO GLITTER OR SHIMMER, OR MICRO SPARKLE DUST..

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was actually out at rite aide to buy my maybelline fit me in 310 when i saw that for 50 cents more i cound try the loreal lumi in w6 (the product was half off!) so i also bought the primer. I have very oily skin so it does wear off around the 5th hour. But it makes my skin look so healthy and flawless. Its a bit sheer, i use 2 pumps and apply with my flat top brush and get the perfect opacity without looking cakey. My brush doesnt lease streaks after application either compared to the rimmel stay matte mousse ( it was so thick that i looked cakes and a sponge absorbed it and a brush left streaks so i would have to blend it with my fingers). I set lumi with my makeup forever setting powder and i use my naked flushed pallette for blush and contouring. I love it even though it doesnt last too long. Im still on the search for the perfect foundation for my oily skin, the search goes on but ill keep buying lumi for now.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this foundation in the darkest shade available (W6 Gold camel) at Kmart for like $10 aud on sale. I'm not quite sure about the usual price but I think here in Australia it's usually around $30 which is pretty much the average for a 'drug-store' foundation. First of all, this matched my skin perfectly, which is rare for me to find because my skin tone is very yellow toned, it didn't look one single bit ashy on me just like many other foundations. Coverage is medium but can be sheered out to light coverage or built up to full coverage. It is most definitely doesn't give a matte finish, which makes sense as it does say that it will make you look as though you have been lit from within. The foundation is not super thick but also not super thin, I would say that the consistency is a medium thickness. This would probably suit someone with dry skin a lot more than someone who has oily skin because of the dewy finish that you get. I found that I got just a bit oily around my nose but that's nothing that a little powder can fix and I would much rather be a bit oily than dry and flaky. As for the packaging, I like that it as a pump and one pump doesn't dispense too much at all, and the feel of the glass bottle is almost like a high end product. I wasn't really bothered about the scent, it didn't linger or anything and disappeared as soon as the foundation was applied, I don't think that the scent would really bother anyone. Overall it is a good foundation but I would mostly recommend it to people with dry to combo skin.