L'Oreal Lumi Magique

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.2

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Good coverage, colour, finish, and lasting power. This is one of my go-to drugstore foundations currently.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely dry skin I do prep my skin very well though. I use primers and make sure my skin is moist before applying any foundation but no matter how many times I used this it broke apart within an hour! I've tried every way of applying it and it just breaks into pieces and leaves patches of my face red and others a strange greasy tan colour.. Not a fan sadly :( love the brand but this foundation is a miss especially if you're a dry skin person

Love this product , a lovely medium coverage foundation. Feels so nice on my skin. Glides on, stays on relatively well throughout my long hot days at work and provides medium but buildable coverage with a nice glow for healthy looking skin! Also cheap and bottle is pretty :)

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely terrible product! I have fairly dry skin with some noticeable dry patches round my nose and mouth. I was looking for a foundation that would hopefully give me a radiant dewy effect as my skin is dry. The finish of this was orange (I got the lightest shade rose pearl) it looked awfully greasy on the skin and lasted for about an hour!! So disappointing!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think I've found my drugstore HG (for the time being, at least)

This foundation plays really nicely with my dry skin. It has a lovely dewy sheen that imparts a healthy glow - always a plus for us dry skinned gals!

I apply with a beauty blender which I feel gives me a better finish, reducing flakes and visible dry patches. This foundation accentuates flakes only slightly when I've neglected my skincare, but otherwise, is really quite excellent.

Coverage is moderate at best, and while I would love a fuller coverage, with that come the dreaded flakes. I can always put concealer over red patches or blemishes.

Wear isn't incredible without primer. However, WITH primer (face of Australia) and setting spray (nyx dewy finish) it's lasted me a good 8 hours before it's completely faded. I really wish wear was longer, but its hard to find a dewy drugstore foundation that is long wearing.

Packaging is pretty good - the pump always dispenses a perfect amount of foundation. The smell, moreover, isn't overpowering (I hate strongly scented products)

The only other foundations I've found in the drugstore that plays relatively well with dry skin are Bourjois Healthy Mix and Maybelline Fit Me Dewy. I feel that the Lumi wins in terms of finish - it's dewy but doesn't 'cake' like the Fit Me tends to.
The Healthy Mix has more of a natural finish, and, from memory, lasts a little longer. The longevity of Healthy mix may make that a more appealing option for you - all comes down to personal preference.

This may work for you if you have oily or combination skin. My mum has combination skin and found it worked wonderfully for winter. (in summer, however, it was a bit much for her)

DEFINITELY give this one a go if you have dry skin though - it may just be your drugstore HG!

I am a foundation junkie, it's my thing. I've pretty much tried and tested near every brand, I'm constantly on the hunt for my HG. I really actually only bought this because my friend started wearing it, she was looking so dewy, soft and had this beaming complexion which made her look stunning. I asked what she was wearing ? And she told me this foundation. I had to try it.

I had bought loreal match before and I'm usually a w3/4 depending on if I have been self tanning more. I actually purchased this in W5, looking back I think it was a bit too dark but it wasn't too off.

Initially I wore this foundation nearly everyday, I wore it too one of my best friends wedding instead of my usual studio fix( in hindsight I wished I hadn't) After experimenting with so many different foundations, I've realised this was not meant for me (my friend - yes, me not so much)
I prefer a full and matte flawless finish. This is incredibly luminous, made me look very shiny and artificial. It's thick a lot thicker then LTM and gives a medium coverage but is build able. It's not a bad foundation by any means just not suitable for everyone, someone actually commented that it looks really weird on my skin.

I think this is more suited to more mature skin , if you have oily skin I would avoid this. I wouldn't re purchase but can imagine this would look good on some people. I would definitely recommend a powder to set this.

PROS

* decent ish coverage
* feels hydrating
* thick and easy to blend
* would look great on a mature skin tye
CONS

* too wet looking for my liking
* very fake looking ( not a natural looking finish)
* doesn't last long on your face

I have only been using this foundation for a short while but have already fallen in love with it!!! Usually my skin is very oily and seriously acne prone, but I am currently on Accutane to help cure my acne and as a result my face is really drying out. My usual HG revlon colourstay or l'oreal true match is unfortunately a bit too 'obvious' on my dry skin at the moment and seems to settle in the dry areas and cakes/creases around my mouth so I wanted to try something a bit more 'dewy'. This foundation instantly felt moisturising on my skin and gave me a bit more of a fresh, wide awake glow. It doesn't shimmer or have glitter in it to achieve this look either. It is quite a light-medium coverage -which is buildable - but the kind of coverage that makes you look fresh and radiant without being too dolled up. I'm finding it a perfect day time look kind of foundation. Living in Australia, it is very humid here at the moment so I do need to powder my T zone every so often throughout the day to help set it, but I'm used to doing that anyway even with my matte foundations. I found this a bit pricey for a drug store foundation at $34aud (but makeup in general is pretty extortionate to buy in Oz) but I definitely think it's money well spent!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't imagine myself straying away from this foundation any time soon because I love it so much. I have normal, fair skin and require light coverage. I was previously using Revlon ColorStay in the lightest shade available. I did like it a lot but it costs a little more than Id like to spend on foundation and I always mixed it with equal part moisturizer because I found it quite heavy and a bit difficult to blend on its own. I was also looking for something with a more dewy finish and had been recommended L'Oreal lumi so went out to buy it. I was pleasantly surprised that it cost less than Revlon and they had a shade (the lightest one, I think its ivory?) that looked like it would match perfectly. The first time I used this, I was in love. Not only did it match my skin tone better than revlons lightest shade, but it blended so easily, covered all my imperfections (some light scars, redness and the odd pimple) really well with just one application and gave my skin a subtle dewy glow which I love. I also much prefer the fact that lumi has a pump! I used to use self tanners a lot because I've always been insecure about my pale skin for the reason that I was never able to find a foundation that flattered it. I feel like lumi really flatters my skin tone and I am completely embracing my pale skin now and have no desire to be more tan. This is my HG foundation from now on.

I like this product so much! My skin is very dry so it helps me to get that glowy look. keeps my skin hydrated and looks very light and natural but still covers well...

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I thought this foundation was okay, but I found that I needed a bit more coverage. It's good if you need a light natural foundation though.