L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to everyday foundation. The match is perfect. My skin is combination and this foundation doesn’t cling to my dry areas. It looks amazing and lasts throughout a whole night, making my skin look flawless. After applying, I give it about 30 min and the foundation sinks in and becomes one with my skin. I powder a bit on my cheeks and forehead so I don’t get too oily. I absolutely never look cakey in this! Great drugstore option for dry skinned girls!

I am a foundation junkie, it's my thing. I've pretty much tried and tested near every brand, I'm constantly on the hunt for my HG. I really actually only bought this because my friend started wearing it, she was looking so dewy, soft and had this beaming complexion which made her look stunning. I asked what she was wearing ? And she told me this foundation. I had to try it.

I had bought loreal match before and I'm usually a w3/4 depending on if I have been self tanning more. I actually purchased this in W5, looking back I think it was a bit too dark but it wasn't too off.

Initially I wore this foundation nearly everyday, I wore it too one of my best friends wedding instead of my usual studio fix( in hindsight I wished I hadn't) After experimenting with so many different foundations, I've realised this was not meant for me (my friend - yes, me not so much)
I prefer a full and matte flawless finish. This is incredibly luminous, made me look very shiny and artificial. It's thick a lot thicker then LTM and gives a medium coverage but is build able. It's not a bad foundation by any means just not suitable for everyone, someone actually commented that it looks really weird on my skin.

I think this is more suited to more mature skin , if you have oily skin I would avoid this. I wouldn't re purchase but can imagine this would look good on some people. I would definitely recommend a powder to set this.

PROS

* decent ish coverage
* feels hydrating
* thick and easy to blend
* would look great on a mature skin tye
CONS

* too wet looking for my liking
* very fake looking ( not a natural looking finish)
* doesn't last long on your face

This foundation has good coverage and has a glowing finish. I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin. Blends easily and feels lightweight. Lasts for a decent amount of time but needs powdering every few hours I find.

This was my first dewy foundation. I walked into a Shopper Drug Mart and just asked the lady behind the counter to help me find a dewy foundation and this is what she recommended to me. I got it with $14 something after sale but the original price in Shoppers is around $20CD. Though Walmart does tend to have drugstore makeups at a little cheaper price.

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. My skin is naturally drying but after a few hours of any foundation, it gets oily. For this foundation, there were both good and bad sides.
I normally put a layer if foundation first, then apply my concealer ( Mac's Stydio Finish concealer in NW 25) and then go over the concealer with the foundation again so that the dry concealer doesn't show amidst the dewy skin.

Pros:
1) it really is dewy. It gives off this subtle glow when light falls on your face from an angle
2) it does look natural
3) the packaging is neat with a simple pump which is hygienic

Cons:
1) i found it difficult to match my skin color. This foundation line doesn't really have any cool colors imo
2) you cannot build it up. When I tried to, it made my face feel extremely heavy
3) it does cling to your dry patches a lot and I've gas some horrible exriences with it.
4) it turned my face into an oil mining field within the forth hour after application. Dewy than became greasy.
5) it did go a little darker (foundation oxidizes) after about four hours

It all depends up to the skin type and color tbh as you can see, my experience wasn't the best.

NO GLITTER OR SHIMMER, OR MICRO SPARKLE DUST..

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I love this foundation.

This is a really great fresh-looking foundation. It really does give you a glow. I dont wear this foundation if I know I'll be out for more than 5 or 6 hours, because I know this is not going to last. It's not supposed to be long lasting though, so I don't complain.

I have the shade W7 (or G7 in asian countries) and it matches my skin perfectly. I use 153 in MUFE hd foundie and 3W2 Cashew in Estee Lauder Double Wear.

One thing to remember though, I don't think this foundation sets at all, you need to set it with powder it you want to apply powder blush or contour or whatever.

I think this foundation will be a perfect everyday foundation for dry-normal skin
Not so much for combination or oily.

I totally recommend this foundation for everyone with dry-normal skin, or whatever your skin type might be but you just need a foundation thats gonna make you look fresh and young and rested. Or sometimes, no matter what skin type you have, there are days when your skin feels so tired and dehydrated, well this foundation would be your secret weapon!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Broke me out like nobody's business... I have always used mineral powder bc I hate the way foundation feels. Looking for a more dewy look, I tried the Beautifying BB cream & loved it. But it clogged pores & caused break out after couple days. After reading reviews, I decided to try this. Wore today for first time for only 5 hrs. It didn't give much coverage, less than their bb cream actually. It was more moisturizing however- I could wear on top of dry patches. Wased face soon as I got home bc I felt dirty. Not oily- just like my skin couldn't breathe! Now hrs later, my skin feels oily & gross (my skin is super dry, this is strange!) and I have sooooo many pimples!!! Huge ones, small ones.. & pores look bigger. So sad... If anyone knows a good foundation just to even tone & cover some acne (now!) let me know!!! Ugh...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I give this 4 and half lippies. But chose to see the glass as more half empty so I chose 4 instead of 5.

This foundation is truly awesome at making you look 'lit from within'. It gives an amazing glow without any shimmer or glitter whatsoever. The coverage is light/medium. Not light to medium. More on the heavier side of light and a medium medium. I found this foundation to be only buildable for 2 layers. And it also seems to take a while to set, about 15 minutes on my skin.

Now my negatives are:

It wears off onto clothes a small amount. My work shirts at the end of the day have a skin coloured rim on them. But not as bad as some other foundations.
After numerous amounts of testing in different situations, I can attest that it does NOT work well in certain areas. I suggest:

DO wear it:
To work, on a date, to the movies, a meeting, if you have dry or combo skin, somewhere where you want to look glowy and gorgeous!

DON'T wear it:
if you have oily skin (which I don't), live in a humid area, are very active, or looking for a full coverage matte look.

This foundation is great. For me. My dry skin loves it! But at the end of the day, the coverage is considerably less (I'm talking a 10 hour day). At the 6 hour mark my skin is starting to show signs of redness. At the end of the day (10 hours) I look like I MIGHT have tinted moisturizer on.
Either way, even at the end of the day and even if most of my foundation has gone, I still look glowing! Not oily, not dewy, just glowing! I dunno what they use but I only pray that they put this 'lit from within' formula into a more full coverage foundation. Then it would be my HG. (And also if they lowered the price. Here in Australia it costs $28.00.)

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Still not too sure about this foundation although I have purchased a second bottle of it. I have dry skin and with my skincare routine, I find it does not stick to my dry areas. I dont really like the coverage as it isn't really medium coverage and if I try and build it up, it doesnf look quite right (using real techniques brushes and an original beauty blender). I tend to mix this with some boujours healthy mix and it helps to warm my foundation up a bit more. Overall I would only use this on its own when my skin is in good condition and if I want a light coverage foundation.

I purchased this product based on a lot of positive reviews from beauty guru's on YouTube. I have pretty normal skin, with potentially a bit of oil on my forehead. This product unfortunately made me incredibly oily within a few hours. It also oxidised on my face and turned a couple shades darker, giving off a very unflattering orange tone.

However, my mother (who has dry, mature skin) took this foundation off my hands and tried it for herself. She loved it - and it looked fantastic on her. All in all, I agree with some previous reviews in saying that this is a great product - but only for people with dry or mature skin.