L'Oreal Lumi Magique

Filtered by hair type : Curly

4.3

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to everyday foundation. The match is perfect. My skin is combination and this foundation doesn’t cling to my dry areas. It looks amazing and lasts throughout a whole night, making my skin look flawless. After applying, I give it about 30 min and the foundation sinks in and becomes one with my skin. I powder a bit on my cheeks and forehead so I don’t get too oily. I absolutely never look cakey in this! Great drugstore option for dry skinned girls!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Lumi liquid foundation is good for a natural daily look. I usually use it when my skin feels dry like in the fall/winter. If I need slightly more coverage I add just a few more dabs but if I overdo it I look like I have a mask on. I like it and I also like the Maybelline Age Rewind foundation too. I don't get greasy/shiny with the Lumi and do touch ups with the True Match pressed powder. It's nice but I want to try the Lumi cushion foundation next.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

At one time, my skin was basically a canvas of exploded dry pie crust...just flakes every damn where. With some changes to my skincare routine, that has improved, but most foundations still settle in a cakey and chalky way.

I have been using Coverall by Wet n Wild for a few years and like it but I wanted to try for a more smooth application with something else. My forehead always looks awful.

I researched this product for several weeks and figured the negative reviews were mainly from oily skinned people (who seem to be a majority in general). After using this product a week or so, I understand their horror. This is simply unworkable if your face is oily. It should be obvious, but again. Don't bother. Here's a quick rundown of my experimentation thusfar with a Real Techniques brush...

-UNDER LOTION W/SPF: Whoops! No no no. I forgot the Lumi has SPF, and my face looked as bad as it ever has. The foundation was gunky, greasy, and my pores were magnified.

-UNDER PRIMER: I didn't notice much change, but that may be the primer. I use Borghese.

-BARE SKIN: This was best, and I also realized I only need a little bit. The first few days, I had greasy skin and the makeup transferred everywhere. It was horrific. I noticed many vloggers saying they use way more than they do with other foundations. I tried just a tiny bit and it was MUCH better. I let one layer sit while I do brows and concealer, then put on another thin layer.

Overall, this foundation is a lot of work. I spend way too much time trying to get this to make nice looking skin. I have some redness but few marks/acne so it shouldn't be too difficult. I took someone's advice and got W1-2 when I'm cool toned and I'm not sure that worked. The makeup looks uneven and yellow.

I'm disappointed, but this could be a nice tinted moisturizer type if used in small quantities.

Update 6/28/15:
A few weeks in, I'm finding this foundation much better than I initially did. The less I use, the better it looks. It takes a bit of practice/trial and error, but I'm liking the way it looks.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really liked this product. I do not use it because I can't find a good color match. The one closest to my color looks too orange on me. I like this because it's moisturizing, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and makes my skin have a glow (or look like it). The formula is thin and runny and I would say light to medium coverage. I dislike I can't find a color match and that it doesn't last long and can run off easily.
My mom uses this on her oily skin and it looks really nice. She just dusts with powder. I can't use powders because they dry my skin too much.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this foundation in the darkest shade available (W6 Gold camel) at Kmart for like $10 aud on sale. I'm not quite sure about the usual price but I think here in Australia it's usually around $30 which is pretty much the average for a 'drug-store' foundation. First of all, this matched my skin perfectly, which is rare for me to find because my skin tone is very yellow toned, it didn't look one single bit ashy on me just like many other foundations. Coverage is medium but can be sheered out to light coverage or built up to full coverage. It is most definitely doesn't give a matte finish, which makes sense as it does say that it will make you look as though you have been lit from within. The foundation is not super thick but also not super thin, I would say that the consistency is a medium thickness. This would probably suit someone with dry skin a lot more than someone who has oily skin because of the dewy finish that you get. I found that I got just a bit oily around my nose but that's nothing that a little powder can fix and I would much rather be a bit oily than dry and flaky. As for the packaging, I like that it as a pump and one pump doesn't dispense too much at all, and the feel of the glass bottle is almost like a high end product. I wasn't really bothered about the scent, it didn't linger or anything and disappeared as soon as the foundation was applied, I don't think that the scent would really bother anyone. Overall it is a good foundation but I would mostly recommend it to people with dry to combo skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was looking for a more moisturizing, medium-coverage foundation to cover redness/minor imperfections (I do not have acne) with NO SHIMMER. This is it! This has better coverage than revlon photo ready but still looks natural and doesn't have that god awful shimmer throughout. They didn't have the lightest cool shade, so I grabbed the lightest neutral shade and it works fine. I do set it with a little bit of powder because I prefer a less "dewy" finish but I definitely don't think this makes you look oily on its own or anything, unless you have really oily skin it may. I got it for $12 so that's a little expensive for drugstore but I love it so no big deal. I also think the packaging is great, love the rose gold touch and yay for it having a pump!