L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.1

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

I kinda love this foundation, it has a smooth texture. I have really issues with getting cakey using a lot of foundations, but this one works great for my dry skin specially in these cold days.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think I've found my drugstore HG (for the time being, at least)

This foundation plays really nicely with my dry skin. It has a lovely dewy sheen that imparts a healthy glow - always a plus for us dry skinned gals!

I apply with a beauty blender which I feel gives me a better finish, reducing flakes and visible dry patches. This foundation accentuates flakes only slightly when I've neglected my skincare, but otherwise, is really quite excellent.

Coverage is moderate at best, and while I would love a fuller coverage, with that come the dreaded flakes. I can always put concealer over red patches or blemishes.

Wear isn't incredible without primer. However, WITH primer (face of Australia) and setting spray (nyx dewy finish) it's lasted me a good 8 hours before it's completely faded. I really wish wear was longer, but its hard to find a dewy drugstore foundation that is long wearing.

Packaging is pretty good - the pump always dispenses a perfect amount of foundation. The smell, moreover, isn't overpowering (I hate strongly scented products)

The only other foundations I've found in the drugstore that plays relatively well with dry skin are Bourjois Healthy Mix and Maybelline Fit Me Dewy. I feel that the Lumi wins in terms of finish - it's dewy but doesn't 'cake' like the Fit Me tends to.
The Healthy Mix has more of a natural finish, and, from memory, lasts a little longer. The longevity of Healthy mix may make that a more appealing option for you - all comes down to personal preference.

This may work for you if you have oily or combination skin. My mum has combination skin and found it worked wonderfully for winter. (in summer, however, it was a bit much for her)

DEFINITELY give this one a go if you have dry skin though - it may just be your drugstore HG!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

this is a pretty good foundation for drug store. Just keep in mind that it is probably better for dry skin because it gives off a sheen and is glowy, which could turn into oily for oily skin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

This did not work for my skin at all. I have combination skin, and this foundation made my skin super oily, even after setting it with a powder. Not only that, but it oxidized into my skin, and within a couple of hours my skin was looking orange, like a really bad tan. If you have combination to oily skin, then this foundation is not going to be right for you.

I bought this foundation several days ago.
So, starting, I would like to point out what I look for in a foundation :
- light finish, feels like I have no foundation on
- something that would not make my pores look bigger
- not looking for a full coverage, but evening out the skintone

This product really does all mentioned above. If you require what I do, then you would be satisfied with it. However, if you are looking for a full coverage, this is not your product.
I give it 5 lippies because it's really what I was looking for a foundation and 3 lipppies for price, because, in my opinion it's a little bit expensive, considering its light formula.
Overall, I like it. I use it with Garnier 5 sec perfect blur as a primer and it gives me just the coverage I'm looking for.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Still not too sure about this foundation although I have purchased a second bottle of it. I have dry skin and with my skincare routine, I find it does not stick to my dry areas. I dont really like the coverage as it isn't really medium coverage and if I try and build it up, it doesnf look quite right (using real techniques brushes and an original beauty blender). I tend to mix this with some boujours healthy mix and it helps to warm my foundation up a bit more. Overall I would only use this on its own when my skin is in good condition and if I want a light coverage foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This did nothing really for my dryish skin. I tried so so many things to keep it smooth and nicely finished, I just can't fix it.
I could tell that when I looked at this about a meter away from my mirror my skin looked pretty good.
This is very expensive in AUD for a pharmacy foundation so I an disappointed.
The colour range is quite limited and will not suit all.
L'oreal should be using more of their Lancome technology in their makeup!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

its a sheer coverage (build able), feels light on skin. i don't like the packaging esp the cap.

I would like this but it does not stay in place! Even I put powder on it every time, I still get it on my fingers and everywhere.
The lightest shade is really good for me.

I was really excited about this foundation. I had seen a lot of makeup guru's raving about the lumi line for L'Oreal and I thought I'd give it a whirl since it was so inexpensive. I was throughly disappointed by how oily it made my skin! I looked like a greaseball a few hours after application. Not even a few hours. Maybe an hour or so. Applying powder just made it look really cakey and gross.
When you first apply the foundation, it goes on very smooth and looks beautiful, but the wear is just awful. It feels heavy and it will definitely transfer if you are not careful. BEWARE! Only super dry skin could get away with this stuff.