L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.6

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't imagine myself straying away from this foundation any time soon because I love it so much. I have normal, fair skin and require light coverage. I was previously using Revlon ColorStay in the lightest shade available. I did like it a lot but it costs a little more than Id like to spend on foundation and I always mixed it with equal part moisturizer because I found it quite heavy and a bit difficult to blend on its own. I was also looking for something with a more dewy finish and had been recommended L'Oreal lumi so went out to buy it. I was pleasantly surprised that it cost less than Revlon and they had a shade (the lightest one, I think its ivory?) that looked like it would match perfectly. The first time I used this, I was in love. Not only did it match my skin tone better than revlons lightest shade, but it blended so easily, covered all my imperfections (some light scars, redness and the odd pimple) really well with just one application and gave my skin a subtle dewy glow which I love. I also much prefer the fact that lumi has a pump! I used to use self tanners a lot because I've always been insecure about my pale skin for the reason that I was never able to find a foundation that flattered it. I feel like lumi really flatters my skin tone and I am completely embracing my pale skin now and have no desire to be more tan. This is my HG foundation from now on.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I thought this foundation was okay, but I found that I needed a bit more coverage. It's good if you need a light natural foundation though.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Let me start off by saying that I am pretty much an oily monster. Even so, I do love the glowy foundations, especially in the summertime when I crave a light foundation that doesn't feel heavy, but still gives me decent coverage. I LOVE this foundation! I was skeptical being that this is a glowy, illuminating foundation (and me being oily), but this did not make me look greasy at all! All I had to do was set it with a powder and I was dewy but not greasy- without having to touch up for several hours! I'll always have a little shine, but I don't mind it as I think a little dewy shine looks fresh and healthy and this really gave me the look I wanted. Definitely my go to spring and summer foundation- or anytime I just want a light dewy coverage.

I really dislike this foundation, first of all because it's so thin, light coverage, not medium! It sets into lines and made my skin look so uneven. It's not longwearing. I have normal skin, but it just fade out and looks even more uneven after only 2-3 hours! And when the foundation sets, it will get darker. Horrible!

The coverage is medium and the finish is dewy that looks very healthy and luminous. I like this foundation for everyday because it makes my skin look skin, only waaaay better looking. It's undetectable. Great for dry skin types, but combination skin types like me can also wear this if set with powder.

I like to apply this with the Sigma f80 brush, and on other days with the beauty blender. Either way I've had a good application. I get a good 8 hour wear out of this when I set with a powder. About 6 hours after application my t-zone looks oily, but even with matte foundations I face this problem.

My skin texture is mostly smooth, my trouble is having a red cheek area and purple under eye bags. This foundation covers the redness, but I need concealer for the bags. No biggie. This foundation feels very light and does not transfer on me. This hasn't caused any break outs on my face, the only reason I wouldn't repurchase this foundation is because I want to try out new foundations!

I have dry, sensitive skin. I also have eczema on my face. Thus, I really have to watch what I put on my face, and I was a bit afraid that this would make my skin itch, like some other L'Oreal products have done. I bought it in 'Rose Porcelain' and was horrified to see it looked pinkish in the bottle when I looked closely at it outside the store, but when I pumped it out later that day and spread it over my face with my stipple brush, it was not pink at all, but had yellow undertones (like myself). It fit my skin PERFECTLY. I wouldn't say it made my skin glowy, it actually made it matte, which I don't like. I like the dewy, glowy look. But it looked so natural on my skin that I just loved it, and it did not make my skin itch at all.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One of my favorite foundations! And so cheap!

It gives such a beautiful glow to your face without being too much. Like "dewy".

its fairly lightweight yet with a medium/full coverage.

I have combination skin, so this foundation is right on the border to being too oily for me. But I put some powder and Im fine.

Comes in many shades, even shades that could fit my yellow-y skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Never thought my snooty high end butt would love a drug store foundation but I loveeeeeeeeee this one. For summer I actually mix it with Estee Lauder Double Wear and not only do I get great coverage but a glowy look that is not too much but just enough. Wearing it on it's own is great for weekends and winter but I prefer to mix it with things... It has a really pretty finish and I have found myself mixing it with different foundations that are either too light or too dark. I have it in several colors ranging from W3 to W6. All in all, it is a wonderful drug store foundation for dry skin and something I will always use to get the color I want or have glowy skin.. Let me say, it's not tooo glowy, just enough to look bright and healthy... :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this foundation 6 months ago because I wanted a warm, sunkissed glow to my skin in summer. I loved it but found that it did not cover as well as I'd liked and it was a little too dark, so I never used it. Months later I was using my Lancome Teint Miracle and even though I loved the foundation I could never find the right shade and ended up just that little too light and a bit chalky. Light bulb moment, mix the too dark and glowy L'Oreal with the too light and matt Lancome and voila, my perfect foundation concoction. Now it's the perfect shade, covers beautifully and I have a lovely warm sheen to my skin, a healthy and natural glow. Moral of the story, don't ever throw away make up that isn't the right colour match.

This is a great product that promotes a natural look. This foundation is lightweight and not too buildable. It is like the tined moisturizer and bb cream but a step up in my opinion.

The bonus of this product is that it is a true match foundation so there are a large variety of shads. I have used it with several primers and it stays very good. After a few hours it got oily even with my primer.

The packaging is great. This product is by no means the best foundation around by also not the worst. It is a so so. I probably won't repurchase.