L'Oreal Lumi Magique

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I wear this foundation quite often, and it's amazing. Whenever i put it on my skin and go out people always compliment my skin and ask me what foundation i am wearing. I have yellow undertones and unfortunately bought the wrong shade (k2 rose porcelain), but i manage to make it work and blend the foundation very well so it matches my yellow neck. i mostly use this foundation when i have dry patches on my face, especially around my nose area and my chin.

I am a foundation junkie, it's my thing. I've pretty much tried and tested near every brand, I'm constantly on the hunt for my HG. I really actually only bought this because my friend started wearing it, she was looking so dewy, soft and had this beaming complexion which made her look stunning. I asked what she was wearing ? And she told me this foundation. I had to try it.

I had bought loreal match before and I'm usually a w3/4 depending on if I have been self tanning more. I actually purchased this in W5, looking back I think it was a bit too dark but it wasn't too off.

Initially I wore this foundation nearly everyday, I wore it too one of my best friends wedding instead of my usual studio fix( in hindsight I wished I hadn't) After experimenting with so many different foundations, I've realised this was not meant for me (my friend - yes, me not so much)
I prefer a full and matte flawless finish. This is incredibly luminous, made me look very shiny and artificial. It's thick a lot thicker then LTM and gives a medium coverage but is build able. It's not a bad foundation by any means just not suitable for everyone, someone actually commented that it looks really weird on my skin.

I think this is more suited to more mature skin , if you have oily skin I would avoid this. I wouldn't re purchase but can imagine this would look good on some people. I would definitely recommend a powder to set this.

PROS

* decent ish coverage
* feels hydrating
* thick and easy to blend
* would look great on a mature skin tye
CONS

* too wet looking for my liking
* very fake looking ( not a natural looking finish)
* doesn't last long on your face

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is lovely light way foundation, looks beautiful on the skin but better suitable for someone with more dry skin and maybe who doesn't have a lot to cover up on their faces,

This was my first dewy foundation. I walked into a Shopper Drug Mart and just asked the lady behind the counter to help me find a dewy foundation and this is what she recommended to me. I got it with $14 something after sale but the original price in Shoppers is around $20CD. Though Walmart does tend to have drugstore makeups at a little cheaper price.

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. My skin is naturally drying but after a few hours of any foundation, it gets oily. For this foundation, there were both good and bad sides.
I normally put a layer if foundation first, then apply my concealer ( Mac's Stydio Finish concealer in NW 25) and then go over the concealer with the foundation again so that the dry concealer doesn't show amidst the dewy skin.

Pros:
1) it really is dewy. It gives off this subtle glow when light falls on your face from an angle
2) it does look natural
3) the packaging is neat with a simple pump which is hygienic

Cons:
1) i found it difficult to match my skin color. This foundation line doesn't really have any cool colors imo
2) you cannot build it up. When I tried to, it made my face feel extremely heavy
3) it does cling to your dry patches a lot and I've gas some horrible exriences with it.
4) it turned my face into an oil mining field within the forth hour after application. Dewy than became greasy.
5) it did go a little darker (foundation oxidizes) after about four hours

It all depends up to the skin type and color tbh as you can see, my experience wasn't the best.

I mix this with a full coverage foundation and the results are beautiful

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Dewy skin lovers rejoice!!

This is such a pretty foundation that really shows off your skin. It's not too shimmery that it looks unnatural (so important to me), but it adds just enough light reflection that you look nice and healthy and awake.

The coverage is solidly medium when I use my beauty blender, which is my preferred way for applying liquid foundation in general, including this one. This is great for those who like the healthy skin look, because it shows enough of my freckles to look like I have little to no makeup on, while still evening out my skin tone significantly. I do use a concealer to cover up acne and acne scars.

My biggest issue with this foundation is it's available color range. In Sweden they seem to offer only 4-6 shades, which is not a lot. Thankfully I have a close match in N1 Pure Pearl. It's a bit pink for someone who like to tone down the coolness in my skin, so sometimes I mix it with a more yellow toned foundation. But it's not a majorly pink-toned foundation at all (N being the neutral range). I'm probably around a NC15, so N1 also works for us pale gals.

This has actually been one of my favorite drug store foundations, which is surprising because I bought this on a whim. The color selection is great; I think almost everyone can find their match. It's supposed to be infuse with vitamins to help supplement the skin but I don't know if they've really done anything for me personally. It goes on super dewy which is bad if you have oily skin like me but you can always set it with a powder and it's fine.

My problem with this product is that there is very little lasting-power. It seems to glide off my face a few hours into my day which is very disappointing. I have been using a primer on my skin but perhaps I'm not using the right kind? It's frustrating to watch it melt off my face in the middle of the day...

I do like this foundation though, it's fragrance free, the packaging is heavenly (there's an air-tight pump), and it matches my skin pretty well. I'm a NC30 and I find N5 is a good match for me.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this foundation every day and it works very well for me. I do need to put nivea soft on my face a few minutes before applying this foundation, as my skin has dry patches during winter. But after that, applying the foundation is very easy and it just feels very good and light on your skin. For better coverage it's possible to layer this foundation, though if coverage is your priority you should probably skip this foundation. I find it looks great, especially during the day, as it gives my skin a really nice glow and looks very natural (not cakey at all).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have this foundation in shade N4. I think it's perfect for my medium / tanned skin tone. A real true match! It's glides on perfectly. Just the perfect consistency for foundation. Not too runny, not too friction like. I used it without the lumi magique primer and it was still great! One of the best high street foundations out there. My skin is quite dull but this makes my look a lot brighter and really 'lit from within'. I'd highly recommend. Coverage is perfect! Only 10.99 from Boots!

Love, love love the dewy finish of this foundation. I have to be very careful with blending aound my hairline, I find that patting my skin helps the foundation to blend. Will definately be buying again.