L'Oreal Lumi Magique

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.3

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

UPDATE 28/08: After using this again, I retract my comment before when I said that it isn't dewy in natural light but it certainly is when applied on top of a lotion/moisturiser. Looks quite nice for several hours, however it can then start to feel greasy, with make-up kinda sliding around. I also feel the need to blend the crease it leaves on my smile lines more often. Still gonna leave 4 lippies for this but not a product I see myself reaching out for.

I rather use my MUFE Face & Body because of the longevity of the product looking great all day on my face, and it being more transfer resistant than this one.

Previous review:
I am wearing this today for the first time. I've wanted a dewy day to day foundation to alternate with my Dr Perricone MD No Foundation Serum (which is a bit more on the matte side). The good thing about this foundation which I was very concerned about was that it doesn't give polka dot pores. In fact it does a good job of not looking heavy or feeling heavy for that matter. In comparison to Bjourois Healthy Mix Serum (which did not work for me at all), the L'Oreal Lumi wins hands down. It even does a much better job than Boots No. 7 Perfect Foundation too in terms of adding some light reflective qualities.

In the evening or indoors (without harsh lighting), this looks flawless and when light reflects back from say, a computer screen! it definitely gives that beautiful luminous effect. But as soon as I stand near the window (true light), skin tone looks quite flat and not dewy at all.

I'm surprised a lot of people feels this foundation gave them that very wet, dewy look as I did not. I even layered with a Aqua primer beforehand.

I still prefer my MUFE F&B foundation but can only use it sparingly due to acne causing if I use it everyday.

I am extremely fussy with foundation choices so although this isn't perfect, it is a lot better than others I've tried.

This foundation doesn't have the best coverage, but it is lovely for a radiant, natural look.
It blends effortlessly into the skin, and is quick and easy to apply.

It is not ideal for oily skin types.

For normal to dry skin it is lovely to wear for a natural look, and great to go out for dinner/party in as it is luminous, though not long lasting (so probably not the best for work). So it will look lovely for maybe 5 hours tops before needing reapplication.

Recommend for those days you want something glowing and natural looking where you don't care about full coverage, but want to look nice.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely terrible product! I have fairly dry skin with some noticeable dry patches round my nose and mouth. I was looking for a foundation that would hopefully give me a radiant dewy effect as my skin is dry. The finish of this was orange (I got the lightest shade rose pearl) it looked awfully greasy on the skin and lasted for about an hour!! So disappointing!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Lumi liquid foundation is good for a natural daily look. I usually use it when my skin feels dry like in the fall/winter. If I need slightly more coverage I add just a few more dabs but if I overdo it I look like I have a mask on. I like it and I also like the Maybelline Age Rewind foundation too. I don't get greasy/shiny with the Lumi and do touch ups with the True Match pressed powder. It's nice but I want to try the Lumi cushion foundation next.

I'm already on my second bottle of this because it is one of the only foundations I can use when my skin is seriously dry! Really recommend this for people with dry skin or anyone who wants a luminous foundation with good staying power and good coverage.

I have only been using this foundation for a short while but have already fallen in love with it!!! Usually my skin is very oily and seriously acne prone, but I am currently on Accutane to help cure my acne and as a result my face is really drying out. My usual HG revlon colourstay or l'oreal true match is unfortunately a bit too 'obvious' on my dry skin at the moment and seems to settle in the dry areas and cakes/creases around my mouth so I wanted to try something a bit more 'dewy'. This foundation instantly felt moisturising on my skin and gave me a bit more of a fresh, wide awake glow. It doesn't shimmer or have glitter in it to achieve this look either. It is quite a light-medium coverage -which is buildable - but the kind of coverage that makes you look fresh and radiant without being too dolled up. I'm finding it a perfect day time look kind of foundation. Living in Australia, it is very humid here at the moment so I do need to powder my T zone every so often throughout the day to help set it, but I'm used to doing that anyway even with my matte foundations. I found this a bit pricey for a drug store foundation at $34aud (but makeup in general is pretty extortionate to buy in Oz) but I definitely think it's money well spent!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't imagine myself straying away from this foundation any time soon because I love it so much. I have normal, fair skin and require light coverage. I was previously using Revlon ColorStay in the lightest shade available. I did like it a lot but it costs a little more than Id like to spend on foundation and I always mixed it with equal part moisturizer because I found it quite heavy and a bit difficult to blend on its own. I was also looking for something with a more dewy finish and had been recommended L'Oreal lumi so went out to buy it. I was pleasantly surprised that it cost less than Revlon and they had a shade (the lightest one, I think its ivory?) that looked like it would match perfectly. The first time I used this, I was in love. Not only did it match my skin tone better than revlons lightest shade, but it blended so easily, covered all my imperfections (some light scars, redness and the odd pimple) really well with just one application and gave my skin a subtle dewy glow which I love. I also much prefer the fact that lumi has a pump! I used to use self tanners a lot because I've always been insecure about my pale skin for the reason that I was never able to find a foundation that flattered it. I feel like lumi really flatters my skin tone and I am completely embracing my pale skin now and have no desire to be more tan. This is my HG foundation from now on.

Blends really nicely, but not good for long wearing as it tends to rub off a bit after 4 or 5 hours. Can come off a bit cakey if you put on a little too much

Disappointed in this product. The liquid is so thin and runny that it is difficult to get an even coverage. Considering it was so liquidous I thought it would be good for my dry skin, however it causes my skin to flake and catches on parts of my skin. It does give a nice finish, but because it is not long-lasting it needs to be set with a powder so then you lose that essence. The packaging is fine, the pump bottle is useful. The colour is not great. Like many people have said, the colour has a grey tone to it. Even with moisturiser, primer and finishing powder I just can't seem to make this product work for me.

AWFUL, very cakey, and it had a bunch of chunks, and yet it was watery, I am not buying this product again(: