L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.1

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Lumi liquid foundation is good for a natural daily look. I usually use it when my skin feels dry like in the fall/winter. If I need slightly more coverage I add just a few more dabs but if I overdo it I look like I have a mask on. I like it and I also like the Maybelline Age Rewind foundation too. I don't get greasy/shiny with the Lumi and do touch ups with the True Match pressed powder. It's nice but I want to try the Lumi cushion foundation next.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by this product. At $33 this is the cheapest foundation I've bought and I think it's here to stay for my "everyday" makeup. The concept bears a striking resemblance to ysl's le teint touché eclat. I apply with fingers then blend using a damp blending sponge- this is the best way to make the most of the "luminous" finish IMO. I then use a powder lightly in my t-zone to avoid shininess. The light/medium coverage is perfect for me as it evens my skin tone but doesn't completely cover my freckles so it ends up quite natural looking. It hasn't caused any acne or reactions to my skin thus far. At the risk of sounding like a snob I couldn't give it 5/5 because it's still not quite as good as YSL Le teint touché eclat.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I like the light - medium coverage and the dewy look it has. It's light in texture and doesn't dry my skin out, it doesn't really feel moisturizing either. I have pretty dry skin and I've only left it on for about 5 hours because I see acne forming. But, it breaks me out and sinks into my pores even if I use the littlest amount I can and a primer. :( Alot of people like this it just didn't work for me. You should try it because you may like it.

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Dewy skin lovers rejoice!!

This is such a pretty foundation that really shows off your skin. It's not too shimmery that it looks unnatural (so important to me), but it adds just enough light reflection that you look nice and healthy and awake.

The coverage is solidly medium when I use my beauty blender, which is my preferred way for applying liquid foundation in general, including this one. This is great for those who like the healthy skin look, because it shows enough of my freckles to look like I have little to no makeup on, while still evening out my skin tone significantly. I do use a concealer to cover up acne and acne scars.

My biggest issue with this foundation is it's available color range. In Sweden they seem to offer only 4-6 shades, which is not a lot. Thankfully I have a close match in N1 Pure Pearl. It's a bit pink for someone who like to tone down the coolness in my skin, so sometimes I mix it with a more yellow toned foundation. But it's not a majorly pink-toned foundation at all (N being the neutral range). I'm probably around a NC15, so N1 also works for us pale gals.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

A pretty decent drugstore foundation, it does have a sheer/luminous feel to it, I can also use the excess as extra concelor

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this foundation 6 months ago because I wanted a warm, sunkissed glow to my skin in summer. I loved it but found that it did not cover as well as I'd liked and it was a little too dark, so I never used it. Months later I was using my Lancome Teint Miracle and even though I loved the foundation I could never find the right shade and ended up just that little too light and a bit chalky. Light bulb moment, mix the too dark and glowy L'Oreal with the too light and matt Lancome and voila, my perfect foundation concoction. Now it's the perfect shade, covers beautifully and I have a lovely warm sheen to my skin, a healthy and natural glow. Moral of the story, don't ever throw away make up that isn't the right colour match.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I never understood women that said that they can feel the foundation on them like a mask, until now. I have around 10 foundations because I love to test and have new foundations and have owned alot more and never had this feeling of having a mask on my face until loreal lumi. This is the most horrific foundation I have ever used. Its so heavy on the face and greasy.
The color selection is also horrible. I bought it because I have watched so many great reviews on youtube.
Its expensive foundation in my country. I could have bought urban decay naked foundation for a little more (regret not doing that now).
The packaging is the only good thing about this foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This gives fantastic coverage and truly lights up the face - but amazingly no glitter (unlike Revlon Photoready) even went outside in the midday sun with a mirror and there was no sparkle whatsoever. I would highly recommend this for dry skins and even mature skin as it is a lovely creamy consistency which doesn't enhance lines pores or wrinkles. No reactions so far (fingers crossed) I have N1-2 'creamy ivory' which is called 'pure pearl' in my country and it is a fantastic shade for my super fair yellow skin (usually wear Revlon Buff for reference) but this is a tad lighter which Is even better. Looks peachy in the bottle but blends out beautifully on the skin. Could be my new fave!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love L'oreal true match foundation so I saw this and immediately bought it.
I was impressed by the pump style bottle, and of course figured it would be similar to true match.
I got the N1-2 color (I'm N1 in the true match) but this was slightly orange on me, oxidized a bit after applying too.
I was shocked at how sheer it went on, it just looked like a tinted moisturizer at first. I added more to get some coverage and the result was not very good. It made me look like a grease ball (even though I have dry skin) and it never really 'set' so it just smeared off (and onto mine/my kids clothes) after a few hours. I like a dewy finish foundation but this was just too much.
It also irritated my skin horribly so back it went.
For $22 CAD you can find much nicer foundations than this.
If you want a very sheer glowy foundation and you have dry skin, you might like this. Just don't try and pile it on like I did- it's a disaster!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation gives a great even coverage and a soft focus glow! It feels light on the skin, but I wouldn't recommend this to people who have oily skin as it adds dewiness. It makes my skin feel smooth, soft, and silky, and contains SPF 20. However, it does slightly reflect light in the sun and it doesn't do very well in the heat. Set with powder to make it last! I like that it comes with a pump, overall, great perfecting foundation!