L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by skin type : Oily

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I love this foundation.

This is a really great fresh-looking foundation. It really does give you a glow. I dont wear this foundation if I know I'll be out for more than 5 or 6 hours, because I know this is not going to last. It's not supposed to be long lasting though, so I don't complain.

I have the shade W7 (or G7 in asian countries) and it matches my skin perfectly. I use 153 in MUFE hd foundie and 3W2 Cashew in Estee Lauder Double Wear.

One thing to remember though, I don't think this foundation sets at all, you need to set it with powder it you want to apply powder blush or contour or whatever.

I think this foundation will be a perfect everyday foundation for dry-normal skin
Not so much for combination or oily.

I totally recommend this foundation for everyone with dry-normal skin, or whatever your skin type might be but you just need a foundation thats gonna make you look fresh and young and rested. Or sometimes, no matter what skin type you have, there are days when your skin feels so tired and dehydrated, well this foundation would be your secret weapon!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Let me start off by saying that I am pretty much an oily monster. Even so, I do love the glowy foundations, especially in the summertime when I crave a light foundation that doesn't feel heavy, but still gives me decent coverage. I LOVE this foundation! I was skeptical being that this is a glowy, illuminating foundation (and me being oily), but this did not make me look greasy at all! All I had to do was set it with a powder and I was dewy but not greasy- without having to touch up for several hours! I'll always have a little shine, but I don't mind it as I think a little dewy shine looks fresh and healthy and this really gave me the look I wanted. Definitely my go to spring and summer foundation- or anytime I just want a light dewy coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very impressed by this foundation. Initially, I was concerned that this would make my oily/combo skin look and feel too greasy, but it does not have that effect at all. The 'lumi' part of this foundation refers more to the natural, satin finish that it gives. It effectively covers up my red spots, light post-acne scars, and smooths the appearance of my pores. This does not make me oily at all, so I would feel confident using it even during the summer.

I take one pump of the foundation and dot it around my face. Then I take my real techniques flat top buffing brush and quickly blend it over my skin. I then take another 1/2 pump to blend it over the areas I want more coverage (around nose/mouth, acne scars). I set it by pressing (not buffing!) a light powder over my t-zone. I like using MAC mineralize skinfinish, maybelline dream matte powder, or Rimmel pressed powder to set the foundation, then I spritz Urban Decay's All-Nighter spray 2-3 times on my face. This routine gives me a flawless base that lasts from 7am to 9pm every day.

Compared to Revlon Colorstay (my other drugstore HG foundation), the L'Oreal has slightly less coverage, a more satin finish (rather than pure-matte), and it is more buildable. The lasting power is similar.

Compared to MAC face and body foundation, the L'Oreal has better coverage, feels lighter on the skin, and 'sets' better. I feel like the MAC F&B never really sets on my skin and it transfers onto shirts and sunglasses easily.

Lumi does not have glitter particles like the Revlon Photoready foundation, yet it makes my skin look super healthy. It achieves the 'glowy' HD effect without the added oiliness, shininess, or heaviness.

Price is standard for US drugstore foundations: about $11 for 1 fl. oz.

My local Ulta only carried 6 shades, so I bought the lightest shade available: n1-n2 neutral soft ivory/classic ivory. It has two names on the cap but I'm not entirely sure why it is a range rather than a single shade. I am NC20 at MAC, Sand Beige in Revlon for reference. This is a great color match for my light neutral-undertone Asian skin, but it will be too dark for those with a PPP skintone.

I also wanted to add that removal is KEY for long-lasting foundations. I recommend using a two-step makeup removal process. First use a cleansing oil or balm to dissolve the foundation/powder/sunscreen that has been sitting on your face all day. Then use a second mild cleansing facial wash to remove all the residue. Moisturize with your favorite face lotion. If you use a toner/cotton pad step after washing your face, the cotton pad should look *clean* after swiping your face. I am a firm believer that makeup removal should be done at the bathroom sink. If your cotton pad is looking beige or grey, it means that your cleansing routine is not thorough enough. Sometimes a foundation is not the reason your skin is breaking out, it could be that your nightly cleansing method is not effectively removing all traces of foundation/oil/dirt/sebum from your skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HORRIBLE!!! Made me breakout in tiny spots everywhere, luckily, my organic coconut oil helped that within 3 days. Makes your skin too oily. I loved the way it looked though, and luckily I was able to return it (wiped off nozzle, kept sealing sticker lol).

CONS: YOU BREAK OUT INTO LITTLE SPOTS!!!!

Don't buy this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just switched to L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation from L'Oreal Infallible because I can no longer find the Infallible. I have very oily skin and was a little hesitant going with a luminous foundation. It went on much smoother than Infallible so it was easier to apply. I also don't have to use as much as I did with Infallible. (which I love!) I use a primer (Not the usual. I use Milk of Magnesia. Google it, it's awesome. Oil control!) I also use powder after applying my foundation. The powder took away most of the luminous but that's okay because I don't like oily looking skin. BUT I HAVE TO TELL YOU, my face was so smooth and I didn't have to "powder my nose" like I usually had to, about every hour or so. I went 8 hours without powdering! The color is perfect and has great coverage. Also, it stayed on my face. A slight rub did not take it off. I am very very happy that I tried this foundation and that I liked it this soon after. I will definitely repurchase it.