L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.2

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't imagine myself straying away from this foundation any time soon because I love it so much. I have normal, fair skin and require light coverage. I was previously using Revlon ColorStay in the lightest shade available. I did like it a lot but it costs a little more than Id like to spend on foundation and I always mixed it with equal part moisturizer because I found it quite heavy and a bit difficult to blend on its own. I was also looking for something with a more dewy finish and had been recommended L'Oreal lumi so went out to buy it. I was pleasantly surprised that it cost less than Revlon and they had a shade (the lightest one, I think its ivory?) that looked like it would match perfectly. The first time I used this, I was in love. Not only did it match my skin tone better than revlons lightest shade, but it blended so easily, covered all my imperfections (some light scars, redness and the odd pimple) really well with just one application and gave my skin a subtle dewy glow which I love. I also much prefer the fact that lumi has a pump! I used to use self tanners a lot because I've always been insecure about my pale skin for the reason that I was never able to find a foundation that flattered it. I feel like lumi really flatters my skin tone and I am completely embracing my pale skin now and have no desire to be more tan. This is my HG foundation from now on.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was looking for a more moisturizing, medium-coverage foundation to cover redness/minor imperfections (I do not have acne) with NO SHIMMER. This is it! This has better coverage than revlon photo ready but still looks natural and doesn't have that god awful shimmer throughout. They didn't have the lightest cool shade, so I grabbed the lightest neutral shade and it works fine. I do set it with a little bit of powder because I prefer a less "dewy" finish but I definitely don't think this makes you look oily on its own or anything, unless you have really oily skin it may. I got it for $12 so that's a little expensive for drugstore but I love it so no big deal. I also think the packaging is great, love the rose gold touch and yay for it having a pump!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have a lot of trouble finding foundations to match my fair skin. Most drug store brands just aren't pale enough, or are a touch too pink or too orange/yellow. I actually had to resort to using foundations from Manic Panic as the 'natural goth' ones were the closest match I could get!

Enter Lumi Magique in "Pure Pearl". Absolutely perfect!

This product also feels lovely going on, and I've had no issues with staying power either, having fairly normal skin with occasional blemishes so no need for more than a light to medium coverage.

Slightly pricey for a drugstore brand, being $37 in my local store but I've found I don't need to use much, so it will probably work out good value anyway.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I did some research on this foundation before purchasing, I watched UT reviews on it, and from ppl with similar skin tones to mine, and I am so glad I decided to try for myself! This is my go to winter foundation, as it goes on my skin amazingly, and works well with my moisturizer!! it creates a great smooth look on my fair skin, and creates a little glow that is the perfect antidote to dreary winter days! It handles well, lasts about 6 to 8 hours on me, and more if i set it, I use a matte powder to offset the glow, so i dont look to gleamy... not sexy! with that and a bit of blush, and I am good to go for my face! doesnt feel cloggy, or cakey, and not heavy feeling at all :) always a good thing!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Just bought this yesterday, wore it to work today.

First, i love the packaging. Its a transparent bottle with a pump. So no wastage and very hygienic. I love the rose gold color of the pump.

Second, the texture is very runny. can be spread easily. didnt notice any scent at all.

In terms of the product quality - provides light to medium coverage. covers minor imperfections and very blendable. Gives me a nice natural finish. it gives a really subtle glow... not very noticeable. but the shade that i got (C2 - rose porcelain) matches me perfectly. The pink undertone brightens my skin really well. long-lasting power is so-so for my combination skin, but i didnt put any primer nor finishing powder today, so will update when i try it with powder.

Price - $39.95 AUD... for drugstore foundation in Australia, i guess its in the expensive range...when compared to Maybelline...

Overall - definitely not the worst foundation, in fact, its beta than many of the drugstore foundations, but i am not loving it yet...I will keep trying it a few more times.. and it hasn't broken me out yet.

UPDATE:

ok, after a bit over a week's use i conclude that i love this foundation in winter. It gives a nice natural coverage, not too thick not too thin. I used it with my L'Oreal hydrating gel (for oily skin) as a primer. the two work perfectly together. no shine no oil throughout the whole day in winter season. just a natural sheen. Love it. i recommend this foundation in winter. not sure about summer tho...

Good coverage, colour, finish, and lasting power. This is one of my go-to drugstore foundations currently.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is deceptive. You put it on, it feels like nothing & your skin is glowing. I work indoors and 4 hours after application, the product looks cakey. Give it a few more hours & the product oxidizes to a bright orange that is extremely visible in sunlight. For me that was underneath my eyes were it must have pooled up. It also felt greasy on my face, like it never dried. I had some break out with it - no change in normal routine except foundation. Will not repurchase.

I haven't tried that many foundations because I have always loved this one and repurchase it. My skin is not that problematic, a few blemishes here and there so this light weight foundation suits me. However if you are looking for something heavy duty I wouldn't bother. It gives an absolutely flawless and beautiful finish (with maybe a bit of concealing needed on spots ect.) I think the dewy finish is perfect, not to oily. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a light weight, every day flawless look

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It's easy to put on and looks really lovely, but after about 3 hours it started to wear off even if I was wearing a powder over it. After about 6 or 7 hours, it looked like I had never put anything on at all.

I bought this foundation a few days ago because ive been wanting to try it. I have very fair normal skin. The only oilyness I have is under my lip above my chin and directly next to my nose and the rest of my skin is pretty good. I normslly want a full coverage foundation because I have a protruding scar on the left side if my nose and the redness seeps through. I was looking for something glowy and to trade off with my revlon colorstay whipped which I still love. This foundation gives me the glowiness I was looking for without looking oily and with 2 layers it covers my scar enough to feel comfortable about myself. I like the pump much better. The color matches my skin perfectly and I couldn't be more happy. I don't recommend this to anyone with oily skin bc it is may have an unwanted greasy effect. But as for me I love it. I will repurchase. Im sorry some of you didn't like it.