L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.5

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

I kinda love this foundation, it has a smooth texture. I have really issues with getting cakey using a lot of foundations, but this one works great for my dry skin specially in these cold days.

Good coverage, colour, finish, and lasting power. This is one of my go-to drugstore foundations currently.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely dry skin I do prep my skin very well though. I use primers and make sure my skin is moist before applying any foundation but no matter how many times I used this it broke apart within an hour! I've tried every way of applying it and it just breaks into pieces and leaves patches of my face red and others a strange greasy tan colour.. Not a fan sadly :( love the brand but this foundation is a miss especially if you're a dry skin person

Love this product , a lovely medium coverage foundation. Feels so nice on my skin. Glides on, stays on relatively well throughout my long hot days at work and provides medium but buildable coverage with a nice glow for healthy looking skin! Also cheap and bottle is pretty :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I wear this foundation quite often, and it's amazing. Whenever i put it on my skin and go out people always compliment my skin and ask me what foundation i am wearing. I have yellow undertones and unfortunately bought the wrong shade (k2 rose porcelain), but i manage to make it work and blend the foundation very well so it matches my yellow neck. i mostly use this foundation when i have dry patches on my face, especially around my nose area and my chin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think I've found my drugstore HG (for the time being, at least)

This foundation plays really nicely with my dry skin. It has a lovely dewy sheen that imparts a healthy glow - always a plus for us dry skinned gals!

I apply with a beauty blender which I feel gives me a better finish, reducing flakes and visible dry patches. This foundation accentuates flakes only slightly when I've neglected my skincare, but otherwise, is really quite excellent.

Coverage is moderate at best, and while I would love a fuller coverage, with that come the dreaded flakes. I can always put concealer over red patches or blemishes.

Wear isn't incredible without primer. However, WITH primer (face of Australia) and setting spray (nyx dewy finish) it's lasted me a good 8 hours before it's completely faded. I really wish wear was longer, but its hard to find a dewy drugstore foundation that is long wearing.

Packaging is pretty good - the pump always dispenses a perfect amount of foundation. The smell, moreover, isn't overpowering (I hate strongly scented products)

The only other foundations I've found in the drugstore that plays relatively well with dry skin are Bourjois Healthy Mix and Maybelline Fit Me Dewy. I feel that the Lumi wins in terms of finish - it's dewy but doesn't 'cake' like the Fit Me tends to.
The Healthy Mix has more of a natural finish, and, from memory, lasts a little longer. The longevity of Healthy mix may make that a more appealing option for you - all comes down to personal preference.

This may work for you if you have oily or combination skin. My mum has combination skin and found it worked wonderfully for winter. (in summer, however, it was a bit much for her)

DEFINITELY give this one a go if you have dry skin though - it may just be your drugstore HG!

I haven't tried that many foundations because I have always loved this one and repurchase it. My skin is not that problematic, a few blemishes here and there so this light weight foundation suits me. However if you are looking for something heavy duty I wouldn't bother. It gives an absolutely flawless and beautiful finish (with maybe a bit of concealing needed on spots ect.) I think the dewy finish is perfect, not to oily. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a light weight, every day flawless look

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

At one time, my skin was basically a canvas of exploded dry pie crust...just flakes every damn where. With some changes to my skincare routine, that has improved, but most foundations still settle in a cakey and chalky way.

I have been using Coverall by Wet n Wild for a few years and like it but I wanted to try for a more smooth application with something else. My forehead always looks awful.

I researched this product for several weeks and figured the negative reviews were mainly from oily skinned people (who seem to be a majority in general). After using this product a week or so, I understand their horror. This is simply unworkable if your face is oily. It should be obvious, but again. Don't bother. Here's a quick rundown of my experimentation thusfar with a Real Techniques brush...

-UNDER LOTION W/SPF: Whoops! No no no. I forgot the Lumi has SPF, and my face looked as bad as it ever has. The foundation was gunky, greasy, and my pores were magnified.

-UNDER PRIMER: I didn't notice much change, but that may be the primer. I use Borghese.

-BARE SKIN: This was best, and I also realized I only need a little bit. The first few days, I had greasy skin and the makeup transferred everywhere. It was horrific. I noticed many vloggers saying they use way more than they do with other foundations. I tried just a tiny bit and it was MUCH better. I let one layer sit while I do brows and concealer, then put on another thin layer.

Overall, this foundation is a lot of work. I spend way too much time trying to get this to make nice looking skin. I have some redness but few marks/acne so it shouldn't be too difficult. I took someone's advice and got W1-2 when I'm cool toned and I'm not sure that worked. The makeup looks uneven and yellow.

I'm disappointed, but this could be a nice tinted moisturizer type if used in small quantities.

Update 6/28/15:
A few weeks in, I'm finding this foundation much better than I initially did. The less I use, the better it looks. It takes a bit of practice/trial and error, but I'm liking the way it looks.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by this product. At $33 this is the cheapest foundation I've bought and I think it's here to stay for my "everyday" makeup. The concept bears a striking resemblance to ysl's le teint touché eclat. I apply with fingers then blend using a damp blending sponge- this is the best way to make the most of the "luminous" finish IMO. I then use a powder lightly in my t-zone to avoid shininess. The light/medium coverage is perfect for me as it evens my skin tone but doesn't completely cover my freckles so it ends up quite natural looking. It hasn't caused any acne or reactions to my skin thus far. At the risk of sounding like a snob I couldn't give it 5/5 because it's still not quite as good as YSL Le teint touché eclat.

I am a massive Tru Match fan and developed a habit of mixing a bit of illuminator into my Tru Match for a slightly more glowing effect. I figured using Lumi Maquique would create the same effect but boy was I wrong! I found the coverage to be really light - almost like a bb cream. Doesn't cancel out blue skin tones on eyelids etc at all. Might be good for teenagers with dry skin who need minimal coverage.