L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

I am a foundation junkie, it's my thing. I've pretty much tried and tested near every brand, I'm constantly on the hunt for my HG. I really actually only bought this because my friend started wearing it, she was looking so dewy, soft and had this beaming complexion which made her look stunning. I asked what she was wearing ? And she told me this foundation. I had to try it.

I had bought loreal match before and I'm usually a w3/4 depending on if I have been self tanning more. I actually purchased this in W5, looking back I think it was a bit too dark but it wasn't too off.

Initially I wore this foundation nearly everyday, I wore it too one of my best friends wedding instead of my usual studio fix( in hindsight I wished I hadn't) After experimenting with so many different foundations, I've realised this was not meant for me (my friend - yes, me not so much)
I prefer a full and matte flawless finish. This is incredibly luminous, made me look very shiny and artificial. It's thick a lot thicker then LTM and gives a medium coverage but is build able. It's not a bad foundation by any means just not suitable for everyone, someone actually commented that it looks really weird on my skin.

I think this is more suited to more mature skin , if you have oily skin I would avoid this. I wouldn't re purchase but can imagine this would look good on some people. I would definitely recommend a powder to set this.

PROS

* decent ish coverage
* feels hydrating
* thick and easy to blend
* would look great on a mature skin tye
CONS

* too wet looking for my liking
* very fake looking ( not a natural looking finish)
* doesn't last long on your face

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Broke me out like nobody's business... I have always used mineral powder bc I hate the way foundation feels. Looking for a more dewy look, I tried the Beautifying BB cream & loved it. But it clogged pores & caused break out after couple days. After reading reviews, I decided to try this. Wore today for first time for only 5 hrs. It didn't give much coverage, less than their bb cream actually. It was more moisturizing however- I could wear on top of dry patches. Wased face soon as I got home bc I felt dirty. Not oily- just like my skin couldn't breathe! Now hrs later, my skin feels oily & gross (my skin is super dry, this is strange!) and I have sooooo many pimples!!! Huge ones, small ones.. & pores look bigger. So sad... If anyone knows a good foundation just to even tone & cover some acne (now!) let me know!!! Ugh...

This foundation made me break out in spots. My skin is quite oily, but I havent had problems with spots for years. As soon as I started using this I got huge cystic pimples.

This foundation is also super shiny too. At first I liked the consistency of the product (not too heavy) and thought that the coverage and colour were perfect for me, but instead of giving me a 'dewy' glow, it looked so unnatural.

I wouldn't buy this again- L'oreal were heading in the right direction with this foundation, but havent quite pulled it off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in colour gold linen I seen this on tv sounded great I had to purchase this! I always try new foundations to try get that flawless dewy look but nothing has achieved this without using a highlighter together with a foundation! Back to the foundation I like the packaging nice bottle looks quite expensive, I found that after applying to face I found it made my skin look very orange and shiny wasn't a great look I maybe purchased the wrong shade but found it quite greasy on skin and made my skin very oily! I wore this for a few days to make sure after a few days I noticed a few spots including one huge painful one appearing on my chin area so the fact it broke me out I stopped using this foundation the coverage isn't great either I have a few old acne scars to hide and this just didn't cover it! I think this foundation would be good for someone with normal skin! Mines being oily and acne prone i found it didn't cover well and was quite greasy! Was on sale so price was around 9 wouldnt pay anymore than this as it wasn't that great for me!

This was my first dewy foundation. I walked into a Shopper Drug Mart and just asked the lady behind the counter to help me find a dewy foundation and this is what she recommended to me. I got it with $14 something after sale but the original price in Shoppers is around $20CD. Though Walmart does tend to have drugstore makeups at a little cheaper price.

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. My skin is naturally drying but after a few hours of any foundation, it gets oily. For this foundation, there were both good and bad sides.
I normally put a layer if foundation first, then apply my concealer ( Mac's Stydio Finish concealer in NW 25) and then go over the concealer with the foundation again so that the dry concealer doesn't show amidst the dewy skin.

Pros:
1) it really is dewy. It gives off this subtle glow when light falls on your face from an angle
2) it does look natural
3) the packaging is neat with a simple pump which is hygienic

Cons:
1) i found it difficult to match my skin color. This foundation line doesn't really have any cool colors imo
2) you cannot build it up. When I tried to, it made my face feel extremely heavy
3) it does cling to your dry patches a lot and I've gas some horrible exriences with it.
4) it turned my face into an oil mining field within the forth hour after application. Dewy than became greasy.
5) it did go a little darker (foundation oxidizes) after about four hours

It all depends up to the skin type and color tbh as you can see, my experience wasn't the best.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Still not too sure about this foundation although I have purchased a second bottle of it. I have dry skin and with my skincare routine, I find it does not stick to my dry areas. I dont really like the coverage as it isn't really medium coverage and if I try and build it up, it doesnf look quite right (using real techniques brushes and an original beauty blender). I tend to mix this with some boujours healthy mix and it helps to warm my foundation up a bit more. Overall I would only use this on its own when my skin is in good condition and if I want a light coverage foundation.

I purchased this product based on a lot of positive reviews from beauty guru's on YouTube. I have pretty normal skin, with potentially a bit of oil on my forehead. This product unfortunately made me incredibly oily within a few hours. It also oxidised on my face and turned a couple shades darker, giving off a very unflattering orange tone.

However, my mother (who has dry, mature skin) took this foundation off my hands and tried it for herself. She loved it - and it looked fantastic on her. All in all, I agree with some previous reviews in saying that this is a great product - but only for people with dry or mature skin.

I bought this foundation in the last minute for a formal event last year because my previous foundation was over a year old and drying up (maybelline dream smooth liquid foundation). Although the lighting in the pharmacy was poor, I was able to get a fairly good match on my NC30 skin tone to Gold Linen. I was after any foundation that I could get the best match and didn't have sparkles in it and was on sale as I don't wear foundation frequently.

When I got home and did my makeup for the event, I didn't notice anything out of the norm. I applied it with a flat paddle foundation brush in stroking oblique motions and set it with a Rimmel translucent powder (No SPF). Got to the dimly lit venue, bumped into a friend and we took quite a few pictures and when we reviewed the photo I was shocked to see how white my face was. I purchased this, thinking it had no SPF and looking at the bottle it doesn't specify it has SPF. In the photobooth photos, I cringe everytime I see it because I look ghostly compared to everyone else.

The foundation is really dewy and I have combination/oily skin, but oil is not a big problem. With this foundation, my skin gets oilier than ever and my make up just breaks up within a few hours even with a setting powder.

On the other hand, coverage was decent (medium coverage) and did brighten up my skin. I still needed concealing for some scars from breakouts.

I gave this foundation a few chances, trying different techniques to apply it (buffing and stippling brush) but it just didn't work for me. Would probably work better on dry or mature skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I searched all over for my shade and finally found it at RiteAid. I wanted so badly to like this foundation but after trying it for a week it's just not for me. I loved the finish at first, but after a few hours my dry skin looked like a shiny grease ball! I tried different application techniques and various brushes, sponges and setting powders but I always got the same result...super shiny face as the day wore on. I'm so disappointed because the color match was perfect! I don't get it...my skin is not oily to begin with and I've never had a problem like this with other foundations. I'm sticking to my CG tone rehab. That one surprised the heck out of me and I love everything about it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So one day i went in the store to pick this up at the same time as i picked up Almay TLC and clear complexion makeup, ( there was some discount going on), i tried this, remind me of Chanel vitalumerie aqua and dior glow foundation, i honestly prefer those two high end foundations than this one, first applied gives a healthy glow, then three hrs after i just think my face becomes to "glowy", the shade suits ok, i cannot complain, but i really gotta say this foundation is either a hit or a miss.