L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this as a replacement for my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation, which doesn't work for me at all. My first attempt was to buy Maybelline's Fit Me foundation but I'm always eager to try all foundations that claim to give face a natural glow.

All the shades are a bit 'rosy', in other words pink. My skin is very very fair and cold-toned but the lightest color (Rose Pearl) still works for my skintone. I guess the pink hue is related to the 'glow from inside out'.

The foundation is supposed to give full coverage but IMO it's more like a medium. It's definitely not the same category (in coverage) as i.e. Dior Forever, which gives a great coverage. Lumi is still buildable and you can get a better coverage with more product and it doesn't get flaky or clumpy.

Overall I really, really loved this foundation, I don't have any negative thoughts about it. It works well; gives the glow it promises, has a good staying power, doesn't get oily (on my dry/normal skin) and gives a moderate coverage without being anything like a mask. This foundation would work anyone who loves a nice glow (but not oily look) on their face.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I recent moved to the UK and because they dont sell Almay, my usual brand of foundation I had to find another. I chose L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation and I am so disappointed.

It has made my skin so very oily. I have broken out in spots all over my face, I definitely wont be able to carry on using it. I do have a sensitive skin but not overly so, just prone to breakouts but this has made me look like I have acne!

Its clearly the wrong foundation for my skin because it seems to get good reviews otherwise.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have found my new foundation and I love it!

I generally have quite oily skin and also quite acne prone! I usually use double wear but have been trying to find something much lighter and I have. It has medium coverage and you are able to build it if you need more fuller coverage. My mum also loves this foundation and she is 65!! Since I have been using this foundation, my spots have all but disappeared and my skin feels and looks incredible. I do have to blot my skin half way through the day, but using primer and some setting powder in the morning the foundation stays looking good all day.

When L'oreal discontinued Transclucide a few years back, I was devastated but am happy to say that I now have my happy foundation back and the years of trying to find my perfect one again are over.

Thank you L'oreal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I suppose Lumi Magique is the L’Oreal equivalent of Lancome’s Photogenic. The foundation offers only very light coverage, which is fine by me. It doesn’t set immediately, so you have time to blend it. But I can’t say I’m too impressed with the results. It doesn’t seem to do much. As for the light infusing effect: my skin tends to get very oily during the day, so the “dewy” look usually ends up looking just greasy on me. I tried a sample, but won’t be buying. L’Oreal True Match foundation is considerably better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I love this foundation. I have dry, dull and very pale skin, so I started using natural face washes and was advised to go for a dewy foundation instead of a matte one which just enhanced how lack-lustre my skin was, and this is great. It's light, spreads easily with a brush and offers medium coverage. It was also more pinky than yellow which suited my skin well, as I have trouble with looking jaunduced with other foundations :( would definitely buy again

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG.
Finally!
This foundation is beautiful, it's smooth, it's glowy without being greasy which is perfect.
Looks like my own skin only flawless!!

My first liquid foundation. Bought it for an introductory price at Pricelines; colour was a hint more pink then what I would have liked, but gave my skin a brighter even complexion. The only thing I felt I had to experiment with is that it made me look a tad shiny by evening. Will have to try setting it with powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm no fan of L'Oreal and have never been impressed by any of their products except mascaras; however, this foundation sounded like just what I want from my base, so I decided to buy it. My previous experiences with drugstore foundations have been pretty disappointing - the only other drugstore foundation I've ever liked enough to use regularly is Bourjois Healthy Mix. It seems this may be a serious contender for my drugstore foundation of choice.
Happily, this is a very good product and is also suited to my dry skin type, which is - once again - not something I've found in many drugstore bases.
Lumi Magique has light to medium coverage. It can be layered freely without becoming cakey; however, too much layering can result in creasing under the eyes or any other crevices in the skin as the formula is very creamy, so I wouldn't recommend going for more than two layers. It does even out the skin nicely and it covers minor imperfections, but anything more than that will show through.
The finish is absolutely lovely, especially for dry skinned folk - it's not dewy or slick, but rather glowy and fresh. Just after applying it, I can see a beautiful shimmer effect on my cheekbones in certain lighting, as if I'd applied a highlighter. I love this effect because it perks up my dry, dull skin just enough without being garish. Now, since I'm not buying the whole 'magic light' marketing mumbo-jumbo, I think this may contain some very discreet shimmer, though I can't see any shimmer particles either on my face, in the bottle or on a hand swatch. The subtle 'highlighting' effect does go away after a couple of hours, and then (on my skin at least) the foundation settles down to a nice satin-to-natural finish.
It also works very well with dry skin - it doesn't make my skin feel tight or uncomfortable, which most foundations not specifically made for dry skin usually do. I always use a moisturizer prior to foundation and that seems to be enough for this one. Exfoliating also helps - it seems to enhance the smooth, radiant finish.
The shade range, while not very extensive, is helpfully divided into three groups: C (pink undertones), N (neutral), W (yellow or golden). The higher the number, the darker the colour, N1 being the palest, as far as I know. Easy to remember and find a suitable shade.
As for downsides, there are a few, although none of them are deal breakers for me personally:
a) it's not particularly long-lasting even on dry skin; it lasts about 6-7 hours on me and then starts to fade away. This is not something that can take you from morning to night without touching up, but on the bright side, it is easy to touch up. It won't pill or cake if you add a bit later.
b) Both L'Oreal's and Boots' websites state that it has SPF18, however the bottle doesn't mention any SPF; this makes me slightly skeptical, so I wouldn't rely on it for sun protection.
c) The shade range is not particularly large and varies from country to country. Where I live, C2 (rose porcelaine) is the lightest colour available and it's a touch too pink and too dark for me; I'd have preferred n1 (neutral undertone). There are pale people living in the Balkans, L'Oreal!
d) As far as I know, L'Oreal still test on animals.

To sum up, I think this is a lovely, light to medium foundation with a radiant finish. It would be most suitable for normal to dry skin without major imperfections.

this foundation is ok..gets abit oily straight away which im not a big fan of .got it in pure beige which is an ok colour..

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

For me this foundation was a bit hit and miss. I absolutely love L'Oreal's True match, it is my number one for drugstore foundation, so I thought that giving the Lumi Magique a try might prove to be a new favourite. However I was slightly disappointed because it made my dry skin look oily, and didn't offer much in the way of coverage. It didn't last very long either, it seemed to run off my face in a very unnattractive way! On a positive note, it did match my skin tone nicely, and didn't leave me looking orange which most foundations seem to because my skin is so fair. Overall, I would say that this is definitely not one of the worst foundations I have ever used, but it is certainly not the best. I wouldn't buy it again purely because it didn't do anything for my skin that I would expect it to.