L'Oreal Lumi Magique

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

NO GLITTER OR SHIMMER, OR MICRO SPARKLE DUST..

I mix this with a full coverage foundation and the results are beautiful

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Never thought my snooty high end butt would love a drug store foundation but I loveeeeeeeeee this one. For summer I actually mix it with Estee Lauder Double Wear and not only do I get great coverage but a glowy look that is not too much but just enough. Wearing it on it's own is great for weekends and winter but I prefer to mix it with things... It has a really pretty finish and I have found myself mixing it with different foundations that are either too light or too dark. I have it in several colors ranging from W3 to W6. All in all, it is a wonderful drug store foundation for dry skin and something I will always use to get the color I want or have glowy skin.. Let me say, it's not tooo glowy, just enough to look bright and healthy... :-)

Probably the worst foundation I have ever used. If you have remotely oily skin ... avoid.

My new HG foundation. (I own MAC studio fix, Bobbi Brown, Shiseido, Clinique Even Better, Chanel lumiere and this one is sooo much better. Like 10 x better.

It spreads so smoothly using a Real Techniques buffing brush, flows onto my skin like liquid silk whereas the MAC streaks on and takes forever to blend.

I'm a nurse, get quite sweaty running the wards and showering and this actually stays in place better than Revlon Colorstay. It's dewy, it makes my 41 year old skin look flawless, not sparkly like Clinique Even Better....If it's ever discontinued I will be making a bid to buy L'Oreal and order my staff to start making it again at once. LOVE.

(I'm NC25 with a dot of NW25 and the shade I use of this foundation is DW3)

Lovely dewy satin finish. I got the Cool-4 and wear NW25 in MAC for reference. I'd probably wear the cool-5 in the summer. The finish is medium dewy. The shades ae somewhat forgiving and Loreal gives you swatches to compare. I really like the pump bottle packaging. I pump 3 pumps onto the back of my had and then dot it on all areas of my face including my neck and then blend using a MAC 187 stippling brush. I would definitely buy this product again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I used this with the matching primer. The primer was okay, it made my skin feel soft and almost powdery, looks nice but it didn't do anything for any of my larger pores. There is a good colour range, something for everyone I'd say. It has a medium consistency, and a little goes a long way providing medium coverage. Once applied my skin looked fresh and radiant, but it only lasted a couple of hours before it was all but gone and my skin went very oily. I also broke out a little. The foundation sat on my larger pores making them more visible, while other areas were left almost bare and oily. I do have oilier skin in the summer with some small dry patches, and combination also with the dry patches in cooler months. The colour I used was almost perfect, just a tad too light but only noticeable to me lol. I used N3 Pure Linen (for reference MAC nc20 - 25, Clarins Skin Illusion 108 Sand, and Clinique Superbalanced Makeup 03 Ivory). I'm going to try this in winter when my skin is behaving, but I don't think it will do much better. I don't recommend this for oilier skin types and unless it works well in winter I'm not going to repurchase. A shame really - still trying to find a replacement for my beloved Clinique Superfit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation!
pros:
long lasting, even in the summer
suitable for my combination skin
great finish, luminous
very good coverage
price
cons:
couldnt find the right color.. I am NC-20-25, but rather on the neutral side. The lightest color I can find in my country is N3. I can use it in the summer, but it was too dark for the winter. I suppose my winter color would be N2.

*** I've edited this review and it's lost a lipstick. This foundation is just too 'shiny' ****

OK so I bought this foundation brand new on Ebay for just 7 (I had tested it in Boots for shade matching). I love that it has the pump and nice bottle and it feels lovely when you apply it to your skin.

I've only worn it twice so may have to change my review later but so far:

Day 1 applied with fingertips and I was really impressed!

I had used Chanel Pro Lumiere and at first I thought this stuff was every bit as good - illumanating, smoothing, glowy.

I made a mistake though - I put a slightly shimmery powder (mineral powder with mica in it) on top to set it. It looked great indoors, but when I checked my face in car rear view mirror, it was like, mega-shiny! Looked ridiculous...and also after the first couple of hours, the coverage wore off.

Day 2 applied with fingertips and set with a mattifying powder (Corn Silk). Much better - not so madly shiny and iridescent and it also seemed to last bit longer. But after 8 hours or so, it had mostly disappeared and the flaws in my skin (redness, acne scars) were visible.

I also bought a shade that is too dark (Gold Linen) which is always offputting in a new foundation, so that alone makes me inclined not to give it much of a chance.

On the whole, I would say this is a poor cousin of Chanels Pro Lumiere: doesn't cover as well, nor does it last as long on the skin. But it is a very cheap price and I guess you get what you pay for.

On me, it does look good for the first few hours and in indoor light, so maybe worth keeping as an evening foundation. It's just not lasting enough for me for an every day wear make up.

If I mixed it with a paler and longer lasting foundation, then that might also make it work for me.

I think this make up would be best for women with good skin that doesn't need too much coverage and no oiliness at all. I do have oily patches (combination skin) so that doesn't help the lasting power.

i got N1-2 . Im N3 in mac. Im sad the color range isnt as light. If ur a NC15 or lighter you are gonna have issues finding a match. Just too dark. ...plus in bright sunlight you see visible micro sparkles. If you are going to a club or disco ball look..it's for you