China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

Filtered by eye Color : Green
China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

2.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm not interested in 'The Hunger Games', but I bought Stone Cold because my boyfriend likes dark grays and blacks on me. It's a beautiful shade---a neutral dark gray with slight shimmer, but a matte texture, just like real stone---but the formula makes it literally unusable for me. Honestly, I found it just plain impossible to apply nicely. It goes on patchily, yet if I try to fill in a bald spot, it drags at and removes the surrounding polish. If I wait for it to dry before attempting to touch up the patchy areas, the end result looks lumpy. The only way for me to get a somewhat even-looking (though noticeably streaky on some nails) application is to use 2 thick coats...which results in the whole thing chipping away the next day, with or without matte t/c. I actually tried 3 manicures with this before giving up. I usually "rehome" polishes I don't care for, but Stone Cold was so utterly hopeless that I poured the polish out onto a paper plate and threw the whole shebang away. I'm confident, however, that I can get a very similar, maybe even better, look with Zoya Freja (my favorite dark gray), a light coat of NYC Shimmer Blast t/c, and a matte t/c over that.

on 3/13/2013 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had to have some of these polishes imported as they are not sold in my country, though I was so keen on a few of them. I settled for four, and paid through my teeth for them, but it was so worth it. I was so excited about this colour, and I was not wrong. The application is so nice and easy, not streaky, bubbly, thick or anything of the like, and the colour was absolutely gorgeous! It really does look like graphite on your fingers. A great plus about it (as with most matte polishes) is that is dries rapidly, so there is none of this waiting madness that frustrates me so.

The colour is a win on both fronts because even when you put a top coat on it is is simply stunning. Naturally, being a matte, it will chip a whole lot faster than the average polish, but this was not that bad (provided you aren't doing anything too rough). I am not even phased about the chipping because it is so quick and easy to apply/take off that even if I had to redo it every other night it wouldn't take me more than ten minutes.

I would definitely buy this one again when mine is finished.

Popular Polishes