China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

3.4

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The color is unique and beautiful, and I got this polish for a great price on clearance at Sally's. But minutes after I paint this on the polish starts chipping. originally I thought 2 coats might have been too much for a few weeks later I tried it just using one coat, and the nail polish practically flew off my nails. I did my nails last night and I'm inserting a photo of what my nails look like, with my one intact accent nail being the exception on both hands. I have tried matte polish before and even use a top coat to make any polish matte, and I have never had this issue before. I'm going to see if with a nice base coat this polish will last but if not. I'' use it for nail art and forget about it as a nail color on its own.
Not happy about this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is an absolutely beautiful nail polish and reminds me of granite (I know some people think more of graphite). If only this nail polish had more staying power! It started chipping within 24 hours of first application despite having used one coat of OPI natural nail base coat and 2 coats of stone cold for a solid colour. I touched up the next day and it chipped again within a few hours of the touch up despite the fact that I was at home the whole time not doing anything intensive using my hands. I'll have to give it a go with the Essie Matte About You topcoat once my order arrives in the mail as I don't want to sacrifice the matte effect for longer durability with a normal glossy topcoat. In terms of the actual application, I was so happy about the quick drying of the formula and didn't find it too hard to get an entire layer done on a nail before needing to dip back in again. I'm a little concerned about the hardiness of the nail polish over time though. I'm afraid that, because of the rapid drying, I'll get halfway through the bottle one day and find that the rest can't be used because it's dried out due to repeated exposure to air. I hope one day they consider bringing this out with a more durable, chip-resistant formula. Until then I wouldn't buy it again.

This is my second favourite colour off China Glaze! I bought them off ebay (since they dont sell them in Australia, and some australian websites sell them for 11$ each). They were 7$ each including shipping and I was amazed!
It was opaque from the first coat,considering how thin China Glaze's formula is.
and the matte finish just adds sophistication to the polish. AMAZING! just AMAZING for the price.

on 5/5/2012 10:39:00 AM

I love this nail polish. It dries as a matte graphite color that reminds me of pencils. The formula is great in that it only needs one coat and dries within a minute. It did chip a bit when I wore it without topcoat. Maybe pairing it with a matte topcoat is the solution?

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Stone Cold is a really cool color. It looks good both matte and with a shiny top coat. but, sadly, it chips like crazy. I had it on for less than one day before I noticed the chipping. And by the second day the polish had started chipping away from all my nails in big chunks. It's unfortunate because it really neat, pretty looking polish.

Popular Polishes