China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

3.6

on 3/14/2012 12:48:00 AM

i was so excited about this color. i love the hunger games. and i loved this color...for the first five minutes. it dries matte. lovely. but after about five, it's nothing but chip, chip, chip. ugh. so, i forsook the matte and coated it. it lasted most of the day...but then chip, chip, chip. i'm trying it with a base coat this time, but my hopes are not high. i'll be going back to my opi... very sad... :(

on 3/14/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Coarse

Eyes: Violet

I love this color! Remember that it does dry matte. Always use a base coat for mattes, it helps with the staying power! This is also a gorgeous complex gray with topcoat over it. I really recommend this color.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Normally... I stay away from China Glaze, I have a few of their products but I'm an Essie girl. THIS collection, not just this nail polish but this entire collection is AH-MAZING! Only two coats for each polish (excluding the glitters of course) and you have an opaque nail, they last forever and eeeek! Just love love love all around. I'm definitely happy I bought some of these :)

As for Stone Cold, I originally didn't want to purchase it because it was a matte, but it's so awesome because you can wear it either way, matte or shiny and you can wear glitter over it or Luxe & Lush and spice it up :D Definitely a keeper!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my first time trying a matte polish. I used this with a base coat on my toes and have not had problems with chipping. It was opaque with one coat, but I applied another just to smooth over my own errors in application. It was thicker than I expected, but it dried down to a smooth finish. I like that even though it's a matte color, it has some very muted shimmer that gives it a little something extra.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am really mixed on this nail polish. I think it is SO cool, a really nice matte shade but also with some glitter. However, it chips really badly. You can probably get one day out of it, but for sure by the next day it'll chip. It's also somewhat hard to get off, oddly, for how easily it chips. I really love the look, but just be prepared to not love it for more than a day!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Stone Cold is a really cool color. It looks good both matte and with a shiny top coat. but, sadly, it chips like crazy. I had it on for less than one day before I noticed the chipping. And by the second day the polish had started chipping away from all my nails in big chunks. It's unfortunate because it really neat, pretty looking polish.

on 4/27/2012 9:46:00 PM

I'm torn about this polish, it's so gorgeous! A deep graphite grey with tonnes of silver glitter through it. It only needs one coat, too! But as mentioned by others it does chip like crazy after about a day, which is sad because I would love to wear this polish forever! Over all, so pretty but I wouldn't buy it again, I'll be on the look out for something similar with better sticking power.

on 5/5/2012 10:39:00 AM

I love this nail polish. It dries as a matte graphite color that reminds me of pencils. The formula is great in that it only needs one coat and dries within a minute. It did chip a bit when I wore it without topcoat. Maybe pairing it with a matte topcoat is the solution?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off this is a wonderful color with quite a bit of depth to it. The subtle shimmer really reminded me of good graphite. I wore this with a base coat and had a few troubles getting a smooth first coat on. It was full opacity with one coat, but I went with two to even out some of my own user errors. Unfortunately chipping is a huge problem. I had to do a few touch-ups through out the week to keep it looking okay. By the end I added a glossy top coat and it still looks amazing color wise. I may have to test this out with a matte top coat instead. Removal took more elbow grease than I expected however.

This is my second favourite colour off China Glaze! I bought them off ebay (since they dont sell them in Australia, and some australian websites sell them for 11$ each). They were 7$ each including shipping and I was amazed!
It was opaque from the first coat,considering how thin China Glaze's formula is.
and the matte finish just adds sophistication to the polish. AMAZING! just AMAZING for the price.

Popular Polishes