China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

1.0

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm not interested in 'The Hunger Games', but I bought Stone Cold because my boyfriend likes dark grays and blacks on me. It's a beautiful shade---a neutral dark gray with slight shimmer, but a matte texture, just like real stone---but the formula makes it literally unusable for me. Honestly, I found it just plain impossible to apply nicely. It goes on patchily, yet if I try to fill in a bald spot, it drags at and removes the surrounding polish. If I wait for it to dry before attempting to touch up the patchy areas, the end result looks lumpy. The only way for me to get a somewhat even-looking (though noticeably streaky on some nails) application is to use 2 thick coats...which results in the whole thing chipping away the next day, with or without matte t/c. I actually tried 3 manicures with this before giving up. I usually "rehome" polishes I don't care for, but Stone Cold was so utterly hopeless that I poured the polish out onto a paper plate and threw the whole shebang away. I'm confident, however, that I can get a very similar, maybe even better, look with Zoya Freja (my favorite dark gray), a light coat of NYC Shimmer Blast t/c, and a matte t/c over that.

Popular Polishes