LORAC Unzipped

LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.8

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am an eyeshadow palette hoarder. I have tried the naked palettes, the chocolate bar palettes etc.. I don't k or what is about this palette but it's literally the one I use every single day. The shimmers in this palette are like full on creamy, foiled shadows. Not even "sidecar" from Urban Decay can compare to the metallic sparkle this palette give. The shadows are so extremely pigmented and soft, I barely have to dip my brush. The only problem is that because they are so soft, I don't think they are very travel friendly. I dropped my palette and the burgundy shade crumbled off a bit. There is still eyeshadow in the pan but half of it shattered. But because it's so pigmented, I haven't had a issue with "running out" because of it. I still have plenty more of the burgundy shade to use for a while. try to rotate my palettes but this one continues to make it on my eyes at least in some way or another everyday. If you love that natural yet glam look for everyday, this is going to be your new true love.

on 7/3/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lorac shadows are definitely my favorite, specifically from the Pro palettes. I like this palette, but I find that it definitely kicks up a lot of fallout, even more so than the pro series. I don't find myself reaching for this often, maybe because I don't use pink eyeshadows too often. I will probably sell this and possibly purchase a palette that has similar tones but is less money. I find this to be a lot better than the UD Naked 3 Palette, which it is often compared to. I generally prefer Lorac's formula, but the UD shadows all blend into one color being that the colors are just too similar anyhow. I would recommend this to anyone, but wouldn't repurchase it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- color selection
- pigmentation
- easy to blend
- no fallout

CONS

- not enough mattes

COMMENTS: I chose this over the Naked 3 palette and I'm so glad I did. It's such a lovely neutral palette. I find the colors pigmented and easy to blend. I wish there were more mattes, but overall it's still a very nice palette as I know I'll get use out of every color.

Will repurchase.

on 6/9/2014 10:17:00 PM

This is hands down my favourite eyeshadow palette. The colours are just gorgeous with just the right mix of mattes and shimmers. It has a nice range of rose golds, browns mixed with burgundy and purple. The quality is fantastic and is less powdery than the lorac pro palette. I also like the fact that these pans are much larger than my pro palette and so I won't be running out soon.

The palette is nice and slim, and doesn't waste much space. It has a magnetic snap to close which feels very secure. It is so nice and compact, and fits nicely into my handbag for travel. This is the first palette that i've wanted to buy backups for because it is just so beautiful.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Wowza, my new HG of eyeshadow palettes. Each color prettier and more wearable than the last one, and you get a lot of each product. I'm in my 50's so just can't do sparkle anymore, or unnatural shades. These colors are lovely, with a soft wash of shimmer that I feel comfortable pulling off No longer at Sephora, but now available at Kohls and Ulta.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've had this product for about 6 months and I LOVE IT. The eyeshadows are very flattering on ALL eye colors. Even if you're unsure about pink-y eyeshadows, you should try this palette! The colors show up a nice rose-gold color but still looks somewhat natural. This palette is very pigmented and creamy making it easy to blend. I've created TONS of gorgeous looks with this palette. The eyeshadows colors are, also, very cohesive (you don't need to buy additional eyeshadows to complete a look). It's somewhat similar to UD Naked 3 palette. But if Naked 3 came out when I was in the process of purchasing a new palette over the summer, I still would have choose the Lorac Unzipped. Both palettes are SUPER pigmented, but the Lorac Unzipped palette looks more natural and naked-like than the actual Naked 3 palette.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Love. This. Palette. I love rose gold so this neutral palette really caught my eye because most of the shades have a rosy hue to them. I originally purchased UD Naked 2 because I wanted a different neutral look but I realized quickly that the shades in Naked 2 were making me look washed out and tired. The cool taupes and browns in Naked 2 didn't work well with my medium olive skin and dark circles. So, I exchanged Naked 2 for Lorac Unzipped and I'm much happier. In this palette, you get mostly shimmery shades but also 4 matte shades. I have to say, I love all of the shades in the palette. I even love the matte shades which normally I don't typically care for. The quality of this palette is A+. All shades in this palette are smooth, soft to the touch and pigmented. Along with this palette, you get a mini behind the scenes primer which is also a great quality primer. To compare to my UD Naked 1, there are some similar shades but the overall tones in the two palettes are very different. Naked 1 has a yellow gold theme that runs in all of the shades and the Unzipped palette all have a rose gold tone in all the shades.

on 3/12/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

This palette has a gorgeous array of brown shades, but in a way we don't see as often. As everyone else has said, all the shades have a unique rosy tone to them. I have a pale olive complexion with cool undertones, brown eyes and brown hair and these surprisingly look very pretty on me, despite the shades seeming like they wouldn't work for a cool skin tone.

There are 3 matte shades, 5 metallic shades and one sort of satiny highlight shade. The only shade I don't use much is Undiscovered, the gold shade, as I find it a bit too warm for my liking. The quality of these eye shadows are just as excellent as Urban Decay. They are very pigmented, including the mattes, soft but not as soft as in Lorac's Pro palette.

The packaging is very portable and has a mirror, always a plus. I'm not very fond of the cardboard packaging and would have preferred a plastic or tin case.

Overall, I am glad I finally decided to get this palette. I kept waffling back and forth because I wasn't sure if the colors would work on me, and also because I have several neutral palettes already, including both Urban Decay Naked palettes, the Too Faced Naked and Natural palettes, and a Tarte Neutral Eyes Vol. II palette. Lorac's Unzipped is unique to all these. The only shades close to theirs were Urban Decay's Toasted, Hustle, YDK, and perhaps Busted. But these are spread among the two Nakeds, and none are matte. So I would recommend taking a chance on this.

These are just my opinions for my own make up choices and I don't mean anything bad to anyone who purchased other palettes as that's what was right for them.

I was so consumed by all the new palettes that arrived by what seemed like every company imaginable.
My wallet would only allow me one though so I tested, re-tested and tested again coming home with lines of color all over my hands and arms.

I don't want to fall for product that is really hyped up causing people to buy just to have it and I saw a lot of that with the Naked palette. I tried to buy it but I just couldn't. The price and then releasing another that was slightly different besides the colors left a bad taste in my mouth. So from one palette to the next I kept going.

My saving grace, the Unzipped palette hit the shelves on my 6th visit to Sephora. I was drawn to it right away. The colors are beautiful, they feel so soft but strong enough in pigment and staying power. It came with a nice size tube of primer and the price, compared to others was VERY good. especially for what you received.

I of course went home with out it like I had done with all the others but the next day I high tailed it right back and bought it. My palette hunt was over and I was super happy.

I took it to my mother's to show her and she immediately fell in love with it too so she got one for her birthday. It just goes to show how versatile this palette is.

My Lorac Palette has worked great from smokey looks to beautiful summer or natural looks, I love it all year round.

I wish more companies would work this way. Instead of hyping up a product and then finally releasing it at a large price, mix their good work with decent prices and be more honest.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. It looks great, it's a great size to put in my makeup bag no problem. I just wish there was more to it to help keep the product safe. It didn't have to be a metal tin but just little more heavy duty.

That's the only thing I could think of and is why I put the packaging quality at a 3.

Thank you Lorac for Unzipped. I will be coming back for more becuase of my experience with the price and quality of this product.