LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.7

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I had heard that Lorac had great eyeshadows, but having Aaready bought my beloved Tartelette in Bloom I decided that I had enough pinks. Later I decided that I did indeed want more pink. I am a huge fan of the Naked palettes and I bought Naked3. Big mistake. I have 1 and 2 and don't think there are any complete duds like there are in 3.

This led me to revisiting the Lorac Unzipped. I LOVE IT! The mattes at amazing and I think the shimmers are better than Urban Decay's. Beautiful pigment and color scheme. This palette made it a lot easier to work with my medium tan skin and actually have the colors show up well without a lot of work. I am very impressed with the quality of these eyeshadows. I would love to have more Lorac eyeshadows, but frankly, this is the only palette with a color scheme that I found attractive. The Unzipped Gold is gorgeous, but I already have way too many gold shadows.

I am so glad I didn't settle for the Naked3 for my pink fix!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this palette but this is also my first one. Reasoned purchased this one out of any them is the consistency is buttery like and all the shades were totally wearable for everyday. I thought it was quite expensive I paid $50 for it I think. I use this palette everyday but again this is just my first palette but I love it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Love this! My fiancé got this for my birthday just recently and I love how pigmented and beautiful the colors are! BUT beware, there's a lot of fall outs. All in all, I may invest in the gold unzipped too!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is easily my favorite/most used palette that I own! And I own a drawer full of palettes from Sephora/Ulta lol. I love love love the light golden color in the bottom left row - it is the most gorgeous shade for highlighting your inner tear duct. I use it no matter what eyeshadow look I'm doing whether it be a natural eye or a smokey eye. It reminds me of a frostier more pigmented shade of MAC's "Nylon" which still remains my favorite but I've been using the color in this palette much more lately. All of these colors are very VERY pigmented and very buttery. When I swatched them in Ulta I was amazed at the quality and how much color you get with only one swipe. I find the trick with some of these colors is to actually pack the initial layer on with your finger because it's much more dense and way better color payoff. These are all very beautiful colors and very unique in terms of nudes in my opinion. I really love the matte pinky beige color - I use it all over my lid on days I don't want to do my eyeshadow and I'm just doing a cat eye. It really helps even out my eye lid and prevents the transfer of the eyeliner onto my lid. Overall FIVE LIPPIES cuz it's the bomb.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Got this as a gift and I'm really disappointed. Bad pigmentation, goes on blotchy, and wears really poorly. Feels like a drug store product.

on 2/26/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

SO HAPPY WITH THIS PALETTE! one of my favourites to use, the tones in this are gorgeous. leans more towards mauve/pink shades and Im a warm coloured person but really, the colours complement my NC40 skin anyway.

the mattes are easily bendable. They are quite pigmented (not as pigmented as MELT or Anastasia Cosmetic eyeshadows, i would compare the pigmentation to Tarte) and i always start off with a little amount on my brush just to make sure that i don't screw up.
there are three mate shades and the rest are all a shimmer/glitter. there is no fallout for any of the colours.
when i layer the colours one over the other, they really blend and mesh well; i love that in a palette, when the creators have put a lot of thought into how the colours change when they layered over each other (MELT cosmetics have done a good job at this too).

the colours wear on me for a good 7 hours and then begin to fade. the shimmers tend to fade first. The eyeshadows are not the butteriest I've ever tried, but it doesnt matter because they blend well anyway. there is no smell to the eyeshadows.

packaging is cardboard, decent and generous sized eyeshadow pans. large mirror. I'm not a huge fan of cardboard eyeshadow palettes but what can you do, they store will too because they're slim.

all colours have not disappointed except for the bottom right shade called untamed. I think i may have bought a dud palette because untamed has that 'hard eyeshadow' film over the top; the film that happens to eyeshadows and you can't get the colour on your brush?? (i don't know how to explain it any other way haha) I'm not sure how to remedy this, i will try scraping it off soon to see if that works.

I purchased mine from Ulta for between $40 and $45 USD. it was the last one and i am not disappointed. I would buy this again if i lost it.

on 10/26/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product if you like a natural look and you're not very experienced with makeup. No matter what combo I've done they always look good (so it's pretty fool proof). It's very good quality (finely milled and very pigmented). I usually wear 1 or 2 colors at a time. The colors are more rose tinted (so great for if you want a warm eye look). Very happy with my purchase. This pallet is all I need in terms of eye makeup and will last me for a very long time.

on 7/30/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this palette and everything about it. The colors are so versatile for my ski tone. Perfect for day time and evening looks. At first when I received it (gift) I kind of had no idea how to blend these colors together, so I watched a few YouTube tutorials which were so helpful! When I went to work the next day one of the girls really like how pretty it was. This has to be one of my all time favorites and will continue to purchase over and over.

on 7/15/2014 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best palette I've ever owned. If I don't know what look I'm going for, I grab this and it works for both daytime and nighttime, as well as simple to dramatic. This is way better than the highly raved about Naked palette from UB in my opinion. The unzipped palette also photographs very well in comparison to the Naked palette. Lorac is slowly starting become one of my favorite high-end brands.

on 3/10/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Gorgeous Palette with amazing neutral, bronzy, and rose tinted shimmer and matte shades. It is more sophisticated than the naked 3. Highly recommend! I love to use this palette for neutral looks. I also love the bronzy, gold, and rose shades that are available as well.