LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.9

on 4/20/2017 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Neautiful color. I find myself reaching for this almost everyday. Go on nice stays on with no creasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette! These are my everyday colors, and I only need a small amount to get good payoff.

Hands down the absolute best palette I own and I own A LOT. I find myself reaching for it every day even when I decide I'm going to try a new palette. I just end up using it after all. The colors are absolutely beautiful as you can see if you look at swatches. But Im telling you the swatches are NOT as beautiful as the shades are in person. The pigmentation is amazing, buttery, soft. They blend like a dream. The shades will kick up some powder but that's because they are so incredibly soft. I would also recommend patting the color on instead of sweeping across the lid. The only con I can think of is they will kick up so just press really soft or pat. Lorac is on top of their game with this palette :)

on 8/27/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

These eyeshadows are so beautiful! Every single look I get using only this palette is so gorgeous. They blend together like a DREAM! I swear the eyeshadows do the work themselves. The mattes are a little more powdery than Lorac Pro mattes, but they're just as great if not better. This is really a spectacular and unique palette. I think everyone could use this. It's not so rosy that it has a limited audience. I think it would look beautiful on everyone.

On particular shades:

Unbelievable is truly unbelievable. Such a gorgeous rose gold shade. It looks amazing all over the lid, but especially works well as a center of the lid pop. It can transform any eyeshadow it's used with.

Unreal is actually an unreal highlight. I find this shade to be a little to light for my taste at the moment while I'm tanned, so I tried it as a highlight and OH BOY. It doesn't look pink like it does it the pan. It's just so beautiful on the face and reflects the light perfectly. It makes a great intense highlight.

Untamed is the only shade I'm not ecstatic about. It's a deep shimmery brown with plummy undertones. If you use this color, you have to apply it with your fingers, it does not transfer well with a brush.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't wear eye shadow often, but when I do, I always use this palette. It has so many wearable colors, and the quality is excellent. The lightest color in the palette also makes a great highlighter on the brow bone.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love this palette. It is more rose colored than it appears in pictures. My only complaint is there aren't enough mattes. The colors are smooth, no fall out, blend very well. Highly pigmented, a little gets the look you're going for.
I always get compliments on my eye makeup when I use this palette.

on 2/20/2014 10:46:00 AM

The colors alone sold me on this nude palette, over the UD Nakeds and the MAC. I love the warm rosy gold shades and find that they all suit me (NC30-ish) really well. The colors all go really well together, and for an eyeshadow simpleton like myself -- I never really use more than 2-3 shades at a time -- this palette is a no-brainer. I do wish there was more of the matte vanilla shade, though. I can see myself using that one up quickly as it's a great base!

I've never tried LORAC eyeshadow before this palette, and the quality of the shadows is so nice: they're soft and creamy with hardly any fallout, well-pigmented, and last all day (I do not have oily lids, though). I haven't needed to try the eye primer that came with the set. The shimmery shades are also not overly sparkly, so they are all very wearable during the day.

It would be a little nicer if the packaging was metal or plastic instead of cardboard, but I like everything else about the case. It's cute, a nice handy size, opens and shuts without any problems, and has a reasonable sized mirror inside. Plus, there is no useless brush to fall out of it. Overall, I'm really happy with this palette and would definitely repurchase it.

on 2/15/2014 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was my first ever high end make up purchase. I am soooo in love with these eyeshadows! They are neutral but lean more toward a bronze/burgundy neutral than a brown neutral. These are warm neutrals- not cool neutrals, and all the shadows range from matte to very subtle shimmer to not so subtle shimmer. Mostly they are matte and very subtle shimmer, which was my main concern as I've found other palettes with gorgeous colors that were mostly too shimmery/glittery for my taste. Not only are the colors beautiful, the consistency of the shadows is heavenly. Very creamy and soft! I tried them out both with and without primer. They last much better with primer, but even without primer they still looked great through a 12 hour workshift! Without primer they did crease a tiny bit, but the color overall didn't fade at all! The only downside is the packaging. The palette container is made out of thick cardboard. Although the design on it is cute, the package itself seems cheap and flimsy. I don't really care about that but if you are someone who puts a lot of importance on packaging aesthetics then you may be dissappointed. After wearing these I don't beleive I'll ever be truly happy with drugstore eyeshadow again....will have to save up to feed my high end eyeshadow addiction lol.

on 2/5/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I rarely gush about eye shadows but I adore this palette! I'm pretty flaky about shadows and bounce back and forth between lemmings but this is the one I reach for the most, with UD Naked 2 and Naked 3 right behind it.

Pros:
Simple, light weight packaging. I don't mind the cardboard or that it doesn't come with its own brush.
Undiscovered, Unattainable and Uncensored are all PANNED! My go-to look!

Cons:
At $40, it's a bit pricey for 10 shadows in a cardboard box, but considering the results and the frequency of use I feel that I've gotten my money's worth. I would buy again.

on 12/16/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have a warm, slightly lighter than medium skin tone with yellow undertone, like most asians, and for the longest time I've been looking for a palette exactly like this one. I like to keep my style as natural as possible but flirty or romantic at the same time, and other make up palettes such as the Naked series from UD (including the 3rd one) never seemed to be "the" palette for me because they were too shimmery, frosty, or geared towards fitting other skin tones (cool, fair, etc.) Also, in the Naked palettes, there were too many colors that I wouldn't end up using.

But that is not the case for the Lorac Unzipped palette. Once I had found out and read more about the Lorac unzipped, I knew I had found the palette I've been looking for and had to have it immediately. I canceled my order of Naked 3 from UD, tried to wait another 3 days for shipping for my Lorac to come in, caved, and just drove 14 miles to a store to buy it. This palette is THAT beautiful. The colors are definitely warmer than the ones from Naked 3, the consistency is buttery and the colors are pigmented, and the combination of these colors can not be seen in any other palette. You have rose golds, warm bronze, light gold, brownish purple mauve, dark brown, basically, any color you would want to create a more natural, yet flattering look that accentuates your eyes. I would recommend this to anyone, but especially to girls with similar skin tone and undertone.

The only con I can think of about this palette, is that a couple of the colors may look too similar to be distinguished from each other, but I still think they look different enough to go with their own specific looks.