LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been in love with this palette since I bought it about 6 months ago, and am still in love every time I use it. It is my favorite makeup purchase I've made in years and other manufacturers should take note when devising their eye palettes.

It is mostly shimmers with a few mattes, in shades of gold, peach, bronze, mocha, mauve, plum, and a gorgeous purple-tinged dark brown shimmer (a color I've been seeking out for years.)

All of the colors work beautifully together for a variety of looks, and the palette was very well-conceived in that it is complete - one never needs to go outside of the palette to pull a look together.

You can do a matte or shimmery nude, a bronzy glow, a smoky bronze, a plummy smoke, etc. All of the colors are very wearable (not a loser in the bunch) and flattering, and look particularly beautiful on my green-leaning grey eyes. (Often shades in these categories are overly red and make me look sickly or bruised.)

I have a million shades of gold, copper, bronze and brown, but the colors in this palette are notably unique and complex versions of these hues. What's more is that it lends itself to all seasons. I bought it to wear in the summer, but it's equally perfect for fall, winter and spring. I could not recommend this palette more highly. It makes me hesitant to buy others, and regret past purchases, as few eye palettes are this thoughtfully put together.

I should note that it came with a deluxe sample of LORAC eye primer, which I've really come to like. It's creamy rather than drying (ala UDPP, TFSI, Stila) and my makeup stays put all day long.

on 11/25/2013 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This one to me is just overall much better than the Naked 3.
Don't shoot me.

There is much less shimmer, a never variety of burgundy and rosey shades and it is sleek.
The shades are SUPER useful in the winter time! I just love these shades and the creaminess and blendability!! I can'tsay it enough. The nakes are cute too!! Begin with "un" on every one of them

This has been my recent obsession lately.
The shadows are buttery and pigmented. Very blend able and I think they would work on just about every skin tone. Maybe not deep tones but I'm unsure.

Overall a great buy!!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great buy for us NEUTRAL lovers!

Pigmented creamy and staying power is excellent!

on 7/30/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this palette and everything about it. The colors are so versatile for my ski tone. Perfect for day time and evening looks. At first when I received it (gift) I kind of had no idea how to blend these colors together, so I watched a few YouTube tutorials which were so helpful! When I went to work the next day one of the girls really like how pretty it was. This has to be one of my all time favorites and will continue to purchase over and over.

on 5/29/2014 1:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this palette so badly. I found to many dupes to justify keeping it. I used strange from UD or white chocolate from too faced chocolate bar. I used UD trick.. UD tease or nooner.. Also soulful and all heart from it cosmetics for unconditional and unspoken. I used marzipan, crime brle and amaretto from too faced. I also used toasted and half baked and busted.

The palette was ok if you don't already own a ton of palettes. I wasn't amazed at the quality. Untamed and unreal have awful pigmentation in my palette. I would return if I had a receipt. Pretty palette on some skin tones I am sure. I am fair and many of the tones turn orange on me ;(

on 1/30/2013 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Obviously not among the majority here - I much prefer the LORAC PRO Palette to this one. Actually purchased this by accident at ULTA thinking that this was the PRO palette and was irritated at myself when I got home to realize I had picked up the wrong item. However, not one to EVER turn down an eyeshadow palette, I decided to keep this and use it - which I have. at least half a dozen times now.

I have brown eyes and frankly don't find that these colors do anything much for them. In the pan the colors look pretty and I love rose tone anything but I have yet to come up with a look from it that impresses me. Tried a variety of combinations but find them too shimmery and off color for my particular eyes. I am sure these colors are great on others - just not me.

I actually went back and purchased the Pro Palette and find it much more suitable to my needs - a nice combo of matte & shimmer shades and will probably(?) give this one to a friend. Could it be I am reaching palette overdose? Even the new UD OZ teasers aren't pulling me in...