LORAC Unzipped

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.5

Another win from LORAC if you ask me. I love this and the Pro Palette and enjoy using them as much as possible. I have to give my opinion on this verse Naked3 since I own both. In my opinion they are 2 completely different palettes. Naked 3 most definitely pulls more cool. Whereas, Unzipped pulls warmer or much warmer than N3 that's for sure, so to me I can't compare them. I use them both and love them both and will not choose sides as I luv all makeup! :P
Now onto this lovely palette.:) You get 10 shades which are much bigger than Pro though it's around the same price. So, product wise with Unzipped you get more product than the Pro. It has 4 matte shades and 6 satins or semi shimmery I would say.

I am very cool toned and have no problem working with these neutrals. Dupe alert Unconditional is almost the exact same as Nooner. It's interesting Mauve from the pro and this one all are very similar to Nooner or vise versa. So for me it's great because Unconditional is my favorite crease colour. Unbelievable and Unreal are both very similar as well, with Unbelievable having a more pinkish copper undertone. While Unreal has a more light pink with a touch of gold undertone. Both are gorgeous and 2 of my favorite shades in the palette.

I love Unspoken when I am doing a cut crease it is so buttery and mixes so well with Unconditional and Unspoken. All the shadows are very soft, buttery, pigmented, and are super easy to blend. I really love this palette and love how I can do almost any look with it. From daytime to night this palette is so versatile. I find the primer that comes with it also works very well and I like it. I just wish the packaging was sturdier but I love the slimness and ease of travel with this. To me if you love neutrals it's a must have. If you collect palettes then this is for you. Also if you want a bunch of shadows that work super well together this bad boy does that too. Love! Totally Recommended!

on 10/8/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far my favorite Lorac palette. The colors are beautiful and so creamy and pigmented. A while back I purchaed the Urban Decay naked 3 palette and hated it so much I gave it away. For me the colors in this palette were much kinder to mature fair skin tones. I found the colors to be very blendable and easier to work with while being very comparable to naked 3.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This palette is seriously beautiful for warm toned skin and every shade is wearable. I am a long time fan of LORAC, IMO their shadows can't be beat. I've had trouble with one of their LE CD colors being powdery, but when they do it right (which is 99% of the time) their shadows are extraordinarily good. I mean really pigmented, super buttery, long lasting, and absolutely no fall out. If you use them wet, they go on so opaque it's like you copy-pasted the pot color on to your face -- no joke.

LORAC discontinued one of my favorite eyeshadows that I have used since high school called Serenity. There is a dupe for it in this palette called Unbelievable. It is only slightly more saturated than Serenity, just a tiny bit of a darker pink. Unreal is a less pink and more gold version of Serenity, so you've got choices if you're jonesing.

If I had one criticism of this palette it would be that some of the colors are too similar. You can create some very multidimensional looks by layering all these colors together, but if you're a simple 3 shadow combo kind of girl you might not be impressed with the variety of looks you can make here. Unattainable and Uncensored, and Unreal and Unbelievable are the two pairs that are pretty similar. That said, I think there are some standouts too. One thing that makes LORAC colors unique, in my opinion, is their use of red in their undertone colors. Unbridled, for example, is an intense red-brown. UD Nooner is a similar brown but orange based. It's hard to capture on camera so definitely check them out in person if you get the chance.

Overall I think this palette is well worth it. I use it everyday despite an arsenal of shadows to choose from. It's just the most wearable and I know that I'll get my money's worth.

Edit: A lot of the popular palettes (LORAC Unzipped, UD Naked, Thebalm Nude'tude, etc.) are being faked and sold en mass on Amazon, Ebay, and possibly Overstock. I would not order any of these things online. Get them straight from Sephora or a department store.

on 9/18/2016 3:00:00 AM

I love this palette! This is my 4th palette from Lorac and I should say this is my new favourite.

Pros:
1. The quality of the shadows is consistent with Lorac shadows. This comes on top of the list for my Lorac palettes. Close second is my Lorac Pro (first palette), then my Lorac Pro To Go and lastly my Lorac Pro Metals.
2. The shadows are buttery and soft.
3. They are all very pigmented. I have always considered Lorac shimmer shadows as pressed pigments because they are as pigmented and concentrated as shadow pigments.
4. The packaging is sleek. It comes in a thin cardboard with a sizeable mirror on the underside. It is great for travel as it does not take up too much space.
5. The pans in this palette are slightly bigger than those in Lorac Pro palettes.
6. I love the colours on this palette more than the Unzipped Gold. Dare I say, the rosy gold tones in this palette is even better than the Urban Decay Naked 3.
7. This is not limited edition so don't worry about running out of stocks.
8. This is definitely a must have and a worthy palette in every makeup lover's collection!

Cons:
1. Some shadows tend to kick up upon dipping the brush but that's only because of how soft the shadows are.
2. These are priced almost the same as the Pro palettes for lesser number of shades. Original Pro palettes come in 16 shades while this palette only has 10. But since the pans are bigger, the actual amount you're getting is actually almost the same. Still, this is a bit pricey.
3. Like any Lorac shadows, an base or primer for your lids is ideal to keep the shadows in place especially when you have oily lids. Pat on the shadows instead of brushing them on your lids for minimal fall out.
4. Tap off your brush after dipping in the shadows if you don't want to risk getting fall outs especially when you have done your face makeup prior to putting on your eyeshadow.

on 3/12/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

This palette has a gorgeous array of brown shades, but in a way we don't see as often. As everyone else has said, all the shades have a unique rosy tone to them. I have a pale olive complexion with cool undertones, brown eyes and brown hair and these surprisingly look very pretty on me, despite the shades seeming like they wouldn't work for a cool skin tone.

There are 3 matte shades, 5 metallic shades and one sort of satiny highlight shade. The only shade I don't use much is Undiscovered, the gold shade, as I find it a bit too warm for my liking. The quality of these eye shadows are just as excellent as Urban Decay. They are very pigmented, including the mattes, soft but not as soft as in Lorac's Pro palette.

The packaging is very portable and has a mirror, always a plus. I'm not very fond of the cardboard packaging and would have preferred a plastic or tin case.

Overall, I am glad I finally decided to get this palette. I kept waffling back and forth because I wasn't sure if the colors would work on me, and also because I have several neutral palettes already, including both Urban Decay Naked palettes, the Too Faced Naked and Natural palettes, and a Tarte Neutral Eyes Vol. II palette. Lorac's Unzipped is unique to all these. The only shades close to theirs were Urban Decay's Toasted, Hustle, YDK, and perhaps Busted. But these are spread among the two Nakeds, and none are matte. So I would recommend taking a chance on this.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is easily my favorite/most used palette that I own! And I own a drawer full of palettes from Sephora/Ulta lol. I love love love the light golden color in the bottom left row - it is the most gorgeous shade for highlighting your inner tear duct. I use it no matter what eyeshadow look I'm doing whether it be a natural eye or a smokey eye. It reminds me of a frostier more pigmented shade of MAC's "Nylon" which still remains my favorite but I've been using the color in this palette much more lately. All of these colors are very VERY pigmented and very buttery. When I swatched them in Ulta I was amazed at the quality and how much color you get with only one swipe. I find the trick with some of these colors is to actually pack the initial layer on with your finger because it's much more dense and way better color payoff. These are all very beautiful colors and very unique in terms of nudes in my opinion. I really love the matte pinky beige color - I use it all over my lid on days I don't want to do my eyeshadow and I'm just doing a cat eye. It really helps even out my eye lid and prevents the transfer of the eyeliner onto my lid. Overall FIVE LIPPIES cuz it's the bomb.

on 7/30/2015 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Just for reference I am a NW20 with blue eyes. This palette is beautiful but does nothing for me. The colours just look muddy on me despite trying numerous different mixes. The only way I can use this palette is with other eyeshadows and only one from this. I so wanted to love this & when I open it I still go wow, but on the eyes it's a no.

Update: thanks to Nisha (SugarPuffandFluff) I have finally found a way to make this palette work for me and it is indeed a repurchase.

on 1/3/2015 4:37:00 PM

Wow! I might be the only person that doesn't like this! I ordered it online through amazon.com because Lorac is not sold at Sephora anymore and is difficult to find in Canada. I like the slim packaging and the colours look great in the pan but for me, that's where the positives end. I find that the shadows don't have a lot of pigmentation, especially the lighter colours. I thought maybe is was because of the Lorac primer which I had used, but no...the same lack of pigmentation with UD primer, Laura Mercier, and TF shadow insurance. I'm not sure why these don't show up on me after so many positive reviews. Maybe I was sent a fake palette, but I doubt it. This one is a miss for me.

on 1/18/2013 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've always been a neutral eyeshadow girl and with all the "nude" palettes available now I wanted to get one. I spotted this Lorac Unzipped palette in Sephora and instantly was drawn to the pinky brown neutral shades. Another draw was that it contained a nice combination of mattes and shimmers.

I am so happy I bought it! All the colors are very pigmented...you barely have to touch the brush to the shadows to get plenty of color. There are ten large (about 1 inch sq.) eyeshadows. 6 have shimmer to them, 4 are matte and there are none that contain glitter. The colors range from champagne, gold, bronze, mauve, burgandy and several shades of brown. These colors compliment my blue/gray eyes so well. The shadows are buttery smooth and blend like a dream. No fall out, no creasing and the colors last all day. This palette also comes with a mini Lorac eyeshadow primer, which is very good. It glides on your lids and isn't drying like some primers.

I really can't find any fault with this palette. I've been using it everyday since getting it. I highly recommend this neutral palette to anyone on the market for one with a good shimmer to matte ratio. This palette doesn't get nearly enough attention it deserves and is often overlooked.

on 3/28/2012 12:54:00 AM

After reading online reviews for this product, I was expecting to be impressed, but I wasn't. There is too much "rose" or too many reddish tones in these shadows. They make my eyes look "off" and they certainly don't brighten them the way UD Naked 1 palette does. My coloring is fair, blonde hair, blue eyes, I lean cool but can wear many warmer shades. I'm not quite sure exactly why these Lorac shadows didn't do it for me. I didn't think the buttery texture or easy of application like with Urban Decay was there in the Lorac product. If the colors suited my better and were less "ruddy," maybe I'd keep this palette, but as it stands now, it's probably going back to Sephora and I will keep Naked 1 and possibly Naked 2.