LORAC Unzipped

LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This seems to be the palette of the moment, and it will transition us all into the spring and summer. Coffee, chocolate, caramel, rich rose gold, mauves, and burgundy are a new trend for a gradual smokey eye. I think it's more interesting than basic brown or gray/black. I always love the quality of Lorac palettes. They put a lot of thought into them, and they are the same quality as the rest of the Lorac line. This palette is smaller in person than it seems in photos, so be aware of that. It is also $40, more expensive than Too Faced, not as expensive as Urban Decay. If you're not going to use it, then I don't see a point in buying it. I would swatch all of these under a good primer to see how they look on your skin tone. Overall, it's a unique palette, and I love it. There are a lot more reviews for this on Sephora's website, over 80 reviews already, and 99% positive.

on 3/28/2012 12:54:00 AM

After reading online reviews for this product, I was expecting to be impressed, but I wasn't. There is too much "rose" or too many reddish tones in these shadows. They make my eyes look "off" and they certainly don't brighten them the way UD Naked 1 palette does. My coloring is fair, blonde hair, blue eyes, I lean cool but can wear many warmer shades. I'm not quite sure exactly why these Lorac shadows didn't do it for me. I didn't think the buttery texture or easy of application like with Urban Decay was there in the Lorac product. If the colors suited my better and were less "ruddy," maybe I'd keep this palette, but as it stands now, it's probably going back to Sephora and I will keep Naked 1 and possibly Naked 2.

on 4/12/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Adore this palette. As others have said, yes, a lot of the shades lean towards having a rosy hue. I don't mind this for the most part as long as there's a good balance of shimmer and matte shades, which there certainly is. The shades are extremely pigmented and very high quality.

on 1/18/2013 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've always been a neutral eyeshadow girl and with all the "nude" palettes available now I wanted to get one. I spotted this Lorac Unzipped palette in Sephora and instantly was drawn to the pinky brown neutral shades. Another draw was that it contained a nice combination of mattes and shimmers.

I am so happy I bought it! All the colors are very pigmented...you barely have to touch the brush to the shadows to get plenty of color. There are ten large (about 1 inch sq.) eyeshadows. 6 have shimmer to them, 4 are matte and there are none that contain glitter. The colors range from champagne, gold, bronze, mauve, burgandy and several shades of brown. These colors compliment my blue/gray eyes so well. The shadows are buttery smooth and blend like a dream. No fall out, no creasing and the colors last all day. This palette also comes with a mini Lorac eyeshadow primer, which is very good. It glides on your lids and isn't drying like some primers.

I really can't find any fault with this palette. I've been using it everyday since getting it. I highly recommend this neutral palette to anyone on the market for one with a good shimmer to matte ratio. This palette doesn't get nearly enough attention it deserves and is often overlooked.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i love love love this palette. great colors both shimmery and matte, great color payoff, and blends beautifully. in my opinion colors stay true when applied to lids. also next to no fallout which is awesome because i always apply my foundation first. i wear neutrals and browns with everything under the sun so this palette works perfectly for me. another thing i like is the color range, theres light pretty colors that are very natural looking for work, and dark bold browns for a more intense look when going out. its my go to palette and whenever im going out of town this is always the one i throw in my bag.

on 3/12/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

This palette has a gorgeous array of brown shades, but in a way we don't see as often. As everyone else has said, all the shades have a unique rosy tone to them. I have a pale olive complexion with cool undertones, brown eyes and brown hair and these surprisingly look very pretty on me, despite the shades seeming like they wouldn't work for a cool skin tone.

There are 3 matte shades, 5 metallic shades and one sort of satiny highlight shade. The only shade I don't use much is Undiscovered, the gold shade, as I find it a bit too warm for my liking. The quality of these eye shadows are just as excellent as Urban Decay. They are very pigmented, including the mattes, soft but not as soft as in Lorac's Pro palette.

The packaging is very portable and has a mirror, always a plus. I'm not very fond of the cardboard packaging and would have preferred a plastic or tin case.

Overall, I am glad I finally decided to get this palette. I kept waffling back and forth because I wasn't sure if the colors would work on me, and also because I have several neutral palettes already, including both Urban Decay Naked palettes, the Too Faced Naked and Natural palettes, and a Tarte Neutral Eyes Vol. II palette. Lorac's Unzipped is unique to all these. The only shades close to theirs were Urban Decay's Toasted, Hustle, YDK, and perhaps Busted. But these are spread among the two Nakeds, and none are matte. So I would recommend taking a chance on this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Naked 2 palette and was considering buying the original Naked palette-but then I saw this palette at Ulta and fell in love. Every shade in this palette is useable and absolutely stunning. The pigmentation and color pay-off are amazing, they are super soft but not messy, and blend like a dream. I love the combination of mattes and shimmers. The shimmer shades aren't overly shimmery or sparkly at all.
This was my first Lorac purchase and definitely will not be my last. I can't recommend this palette enough!

on 12/24/2013 12:59:00 AM

I thought it about time to share my love of this palette, not that it needs any more great reviews!

Like all LORAC eyeshadows, I found the shadows in this palette to have great pigmentation and wearability. All of Carol Shaw's eyeshadows are softly textured for easy application and blending without any tugging on your lids. This palette is a mix of mattes and shimmers, some more shimmery than others but all of them are absolutely beautiful and easy to wear.

This palette, the LORAC PRO palette and the little fold-up PRO to Go palette are in constant rotation in my collection and rarely see the inside of a drawer as they stay on top of my vanity for constant use.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Wowza, my new HG of eyeshadow palettes. Each color prettier and more wearable than the last one, and you get a lot of each product. I'm in my 50's so just can't do sparkle anymore, or unnatural shades. These colors are lovely, with a soft wash of shimmer that I feel comfortable pulling off No longer at Sephora, but now available at Kohls and Ulta.

on 2/15/2014 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was my first ever high end make up purchase. I am soooo in love with these eyeshadows! They are neutral but lean more toward a bronze/burgundy neutral than a brown neutral. These are warm neutrals- not cool neutrals, and all the shadows range from matte to very subtle shimmer to not so subtle shimmer. Mostly they are matte and very subtle shimmer, which was my main concern as I've found other palettes with gorgeous colors that were mostly too shimmery/glittery for my taste. Not only are the colors beautiful, the consistency of the shadows is heavenly. Very creamy and soft! I tried them out both with and without primer. They last much better with primer, but even without primer they still looked great through a 12 hour workshift! Without primer they did crease a tiny bit, but the color overall didn't fade at all! The only downside is the packaging. The palette container is made out of thick cardboard. Although the design on it is cute, the package itself seems cheap and flimsy. I don't really care about that but if you are someone who puts a lot of importance on packaging aesthetics then you may be dissappointed. After wearing these I don't beleive I'll ever be truly happy with drugstore eyeshadow again....will have to save up to feed my high end eyeshadow addiction lol.
Update 3/27/18 - Very sadly gave this away to a freind not long after initial review. Discovered that eyeshadows with a high phenoxyethanol content cause me to get red, puffy eyes. Happened with other high content phenoxyethanol products too😔