LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.5

on 5/31/2017 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really was disappointed with the palette. There are some gorgeous hues in this mix of matte and shimmer but, the softness of the powders made the colors just blend in with each other on application if I used more than two shades and for the price the longevity left much to be desired.

on 1/9/2017 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this palette, especially in comparison to the Lorac Pro 3. I absolutely loathed that palette, not for the colors, but the formula was hard to work with. This palette, however, works really great for me and has some really romantic shades. They are very pink-toned, so if you aren't a pink girl, stay far away. Even the gold shows up a bit pink (at least on my skin with soft ochre pain pot underneath).

on 9/18/2016 3:00:00 AM

I love this palette! This is my 4th palette from Lorac and I should say this is my new favourite.

Pros:
1. The quality of the shadows is consistent with Lorac shadows. This comes on top of the list for my Lorac palettes. Close second is my Lorac Pro (first palette), then my Lorac Pro To Go and lastly my Lorac Pro Metals.
2. The shadows are buttery and soft.
3. They are all very pigmented. I have always considered Lorac shimmer shadows as pressed pigments because they are as pigmented and concentrated as shadow pigments.
4. The packaging is sleek. It comes in a thin cardboard with a sizeable mirror on the underside. It is great for travel as it does not take up too much space.
5. The pans in this palette are slightly bigger than those in Lorac Pro palettes.
6. I love the colours on this palette more than the Unzipped Gold. Dare I say, the rosy gold tones in this palette is even better than the Urban Decay Naked 3.
7. This is not limited edition so don't worry about running out of stocks.
8. This is definitely a must have and a worthy palette in every makeup lover's collection!

Cons:
1. Some shadows tend to kick up upon dipping the brush but that's only because of how soft the shadows are.
2. These are priced almost the same as the Pro palettes for lesser number of shades. Original Pro palettes come in 16 shades while this palette only has 10. But since the pans are bigger, the actual amount you're getting is actually almost the same. Still, this is a bit pricey.
3. Like any Lorac shadows, an base or primer for your lids is ideal to keep the shadows in place especially when you have oily lids. Pat on the shadows instead of brushing them on your lids for minimal fall out.
4. Tap off your brush after dipping in the shadows if you don't want to risk getting fall outs especially when you have done your face makeup prior to putting on your eyeshadow.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am an eyeshadow palette hoarder. I have tried the naked palettes, the chocolate bar palettes etc.. I don't k or what is about this palette but it's literally the one I use every single day. The shimmers in this palette are like full on creamy, foiled shadows. Not even "sidecar" from Urban Decay can compare to the metallic sparkle this palette give. The shadows are so extremely pigmented and soft, I barely have to dip my brush. The only problem is that because they are so soft, I don't think they are very travel friendly. I dropped my palette and the burgundy shade crumbled off a bit. There is still eyeshadow in the pan but half of it shattered. But because it's so pigmented, I haven't had a issue with "running out" because of it. I still have plenty more of the burgundy shade to use for a while. try to rotate my palettes but this one continues to make it on my eyes at least in some way or another everyday. If you love that natural yet glam look for everyday, this is going to be your new true love.

on 1/20/2016 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE THIS PALETTE.
So much.

Yes - 2 of the matte shades are a bit powdery but the shimmery shades (not too sparkly/glittery) are blendable and lovely. Unbelievable and Untamed are terrific and I use them alot.

I hope this ($42 retail) palette will last me along time. I am a big Carol Shaw/Lorac follower and fan since 1999.

I approve!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is easily my favorite/most used palette that I own! And I own a drawer full of palettes from Sephora/Ulta lol. I love love love the light golden color in the bottom left row - it is the most gorgeous shade for highlighting your inner tear duct. I use it no matter what eyeshadow look I'm doing whether it be a natural eye or a smokey eye. It reminds me of a frostier more pigmented shade of MAC's "Nylon" which still remains my favorite but I've been using the color in this palette much more lately. All of these colors are very VERY pigmented and very buttery. When I swatched them in Ulta I was amazed at the quality and how much color you get with only one swipe. I find the trick with some of these colors is to actually pack the initial layer on with your finger because it's much more dense and way better color payoff. These are all very beautiful colors and very unique in terms of nudes in my opinion. I really love the matte pinky beige color - I use it all over my lid on days I don't want to do my eyeshadow and I'm just doing a cat eye. It really helps even out my eye lid and prevents the transfer of the eyeliner onto my lid. Overall FIVE LIPPIES cuz it's the bomb.

on 7/30/2015 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Just for reference I am a NW20 with blue eyes. This palette is beautiful but does nothing for me. The colours just look muddy on me despite trying numerous different mixes. The only way I can use this palette is with other eyeshadows and only one from this. I so wanted to love this & when I open it I still go wow, but on the eyes it's a no.

Update: thanks to Nisha (SugarPuffandFluff) I have finally found a way to make this palette work for me and it is indeed a repurchase.

on 7/3/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lorac shadows are definitely my favorite, specifically from the Pro palettes. I like this palette, but I find that it definitely kicks up a lot of fallout, even more so than the pro series. I don't find myself reaching for this often, maybe because I don't use pink eyeshadows too often. I will probably sell this and possibly purchase a palette that has similar tones but is less money. I find this to be a lot better than the UD Naked 3 Palette, which it is often compared to. I generally prefer Lorac's formula, but the UD shadows all blend into one color being that the colors are just too similar anyhow. I would recommend this to anyone, but wouldn't repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This palette is seriously beautiful for warm toned skin and every shade is wearable. I am a long time fan of LORAC, IMO their shadows can't be beat. I've had trouble with one of their LE CD colors being powdery, but when they do it right (which is 99% of the time) their shadows are extraordinarily good. I mean really pigmented, super buttery, long lasting, and absolutely no fall out. If you use them wet, they go on so opaque it's like you copy-pasted the pot color on to your face -- no joke.

LORAC discontinued one of my favorite eyeshadows that I have used since high school called Serenity. There is a dupe for it in this palette called Unbelievable. It is only slightly more saturated than Serenity, just a tiny bit of a darker pink. Unreal is a less pink and more gold version of Serenity, so you've got choices if you're jonesing.

If I had one criticism of this palette it would be that some of the colors are too similar. You can create some very multidimensional looks by layering all these colors together, but if you're a simple 3 shadow combo kind of girl you might not be impressed with the variety of looks you can make here. Unattainable and Uncensored, and Unreal and Unbelievable are the two pairs that are pretty similar. That said, I think there are some standouts too. One thing that makes LORAC colors unique, in my opinion, is their use of red in their undertone colors. Unbridled, for example, is an intense red-brown. UD Nooner is a similar brown but orange based. It's hard to capture on camera so definitely check them out in person if you get the chance.

Overall I think this palette is well worth it. I use it everyday despite an arsenal of shadows to choose from. It's just the most wearable and I know that I'll get my money's worth.

Edit: A lot of the popular palettes (LORAC Unzipped, UD Naked, Thebalm Nude'tude, etc.) are being faked and sold en mass on Amazon, Ebay, and possibly Overstock. I would not order any of these things online. Get them straight from Sephora or a department store.

on 2/26/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

SO HAPPY WITH THIS PALETTE! one of my favourites to use, the tones in this are gorgeous. leans more towards mauve/pink shades and Im a warm coloured person but really, the colours complement my NC40 skin anyway.

the mattes are easily bendable. They are quite pigmented (not as pigmented as MELT or Anastasia Cosmetic eyeshadows, i would compare the pigmentation to Tarte) and i always start off with a little amount on my brush just to make sure that i don't screw up.
there are three mate shades and the rest are all a shimmer/glitter. there is no fallout for any of the colours.
when i layer the colours one over the other, they really blend and mesh well; i love that in a palette, when the creators have put a lot of thought into how the colours change when they layered over each other (MELT cosmetics have done a good job at this too).

the colours wear on me for a good 7 hours and then begin to fade. the shimmers tend to fade first. The eyeshadows are not the butteriest I've ever tried, but it doesnt matter because they blend well anyway. there is no smell to the eyeshadows.

packaging is cardboard, decent and generous sized eyeshadow pans. large mirror. I'm not a huge fan of cardboard eyeshadow palettes but what can you do, they store will too because they're slim.

all colours have not disappointed except for the bottom right shade called untamed. I think i may have bought a dud palette because untamed has that 'hard eyeshadow' film over the top; the film that happens to eyeshadows and you can't get the colour on your brush?? (i don't know how to explain it any other way haha) I'm not sure how to remedy this, i will try scraping it off soon to see if that works.

I purchased mine from Ulta for between $40 and $45 USD. it was the last one and i am not disappointed. I would buy this again if i lost it.