LORAC Unzipped

LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This palette is beautiful! I love it. Every shade is beautifully soft and pigmented and blendable. This palette leans very warm. IMO it's more of a pinkish or reddish warm than the Naked palette, which are mostly warmish gold shades to me. They're definitely very different. I personally like the colors in this one better. I love that 3 of the shades here are matte. (3 of the darker ones) None of them are glittery, they just have a beautiful shimmer. If you like warm neutrals, this could be the perfect everyday palette. Every color is perfectly soft, and blends like a dream, and they all go together very nicely. The only thing I don't really care for is the packaging-I don't think it looks as nice as it could, given the quality of the shadows. It looks a bit cheap. But it's definitely well worth the price-I never hear this palette mentioned and I think it definitely deserves more love! It's gorgeous and I very highly recommend it.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm on a rose gold kick right now, and this palette is like a riff on rose gold. There's a bronze, a pale cream pink, shimmer and mattes. Practically every shade has a pinky-brown/mauve undertone to it. I'm sure that at least 3 shades are pretty much dupes for what you might find in Naked 1 or 2 (as in "Unconditional" = "Tease" from Naked 2; or "Unspoken = "Buck" from Naked 1). But there are a few that are truly unique. "Untamed," for example, is a very rich earthy brown that skews plum. "Unbridled" is a matte version of "Untamed".

This is a palette for subtley. I certainly have nothing against shimmer, but sometimes the UD shimmers are just too much if you really want something soft and understated. With the shades having that similar undertone, I get the most perfect ombre eye look I've ever done. I've worn every shade in the LORAC palette and they're all velvety, smooth, and pigmented.

The quality really cannot be beaten, even by Urban Decay. Many UD shadows wear or crease on me after 8 hours, even with primer. (And this is the result of my own crepey, oily lids, not UD's fault.) The LORAC shadows don't fade as much, and don't crease at all. Speaking of primer, this comes with a little tube of Behind the Scenes Eye Primer. I've compared it to TFSI and UDPP, using the LORAC on one eye and TFSI or UDPP on the other, and saw no difference in wear at all.

Do you need this if you have one or both of the Naked palettes? Probably not. But if you've been looking at those, consider this one. It's $10 cheaper and amazing!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had been wanting Urban Decay's "Naked" palettes since they came out and I just never thought it was a good idea to spend $50 on a palette that had a few colors I wouldn't use. After wanting those palettes for a while I found out about this LORAC palette from a friend. It took me about 60 seconds of using this palette I immediately wanted it and decided that even though its $40 and on the pricey side, this palette would be perfect. If you are looking for a palette that you can create MANY looks from, this may not be the one for you. I'm into very neutral colors on my lid. I usually go for lighter browns and golds, but I find that even the darker colors on this palette blend really well and look great when paired with the other colors. This palette also comes with a mini behind the scenes eyeshadow primer. The primer is in a small tube but it looks like if used wisely it will last a significant amount of time. The only thing I didn't like about the palette was that for the price it didn't come with a brush. It didn't really affect me because I have plenty of brushes I can use with this palette but if I'm spending a good amount of money on the palette it would have been nice to have a brush that came with it. Other then that, the palette is great. It comes with a mirror on the inside which is the perfect size to use on the go, and the shadows themselves are extremely pigmented and are extremely workable and blendable. I would absolutely recommend this palette if you're looking to go for a neutral look. This palette has a variety of neutral matte and shimmer colors that can be worn on just about any eye.

These are just my opinions for my own make up choices and I don't mean anything bad to anyone who purchased other palettes as that's what was right for them.

I was so consumed by all the new palettes that arrived by what seemed like every company imaginable.
My wallet would only allow me one though so I tested, re-tested and tested again coming home with lines of color all over my hands and arms.

I don't want to fall for product that is really hyped up causing people to buy just to have it and I saw a lot of that with the Naked palette. I tried to buy it but I just couldn't. The price and then releasing another that was slightly different besides the colors left a bad taste in my mouth. So from one palette to the next I kept going.

My saving grace, the Unzipped palette hit the shelves on my 6th visit to Sephora. I was drawn to it right away. The colors are beautiful, they feel so soft but strong enough in pigment and staying power. It came with a nice size tube of primer and the price, compared to others was VERY good. especially for what you received.

I of course went home with out it like I had done with all the others but the next day I high tailed it right back and bought it. My palette hunt was over and I was super happy.

I took it to my mother's to show her and she immediately fell in love with it too so she got one for her birthday. It just goes to show how versatile this palette is.

My Lorac Palette has worked great from smokey looks to beautiful summer or natural looks, I love it all year round.

I wish more companies would work this way. Instead of hyping up a product and then finally releasing it at a large price, mix their good work with decent prices and be more honest.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. It looks great, it's a great size to put in my makeup bag no problem. I just wish there was more to it to help keep the product safe. It didn't have to be a metal tin but just little more heavy duty.

That's the only thing I could think of and is why I put the packaging quality at a 3.

Thank you Lorac for Unzipped. I will be coming back for more becuase of my experience with the price and quality of this product.

Worth. Every. Penny.
I use this palette more than any of my other eyeshadows now. It is so easy to create looks with Unzipped, and they always come out gorgeous. And every shade is wearable! The shadows go on buttery smooth and last all day.

I am very pale, blonde, blue eyes and my mom is olive-toned, brown eyes, with chestnut hair. I used this palette on both of us for her wedding day and the pictures came out great. She looked so freaking gorgeous in these colours it wasn't even funny, I was even a bit jealous. So keep in mind, if you're going to be a bride, this palette is an excellent choice! :)

Unreal is my most favourite colour in the palette and I think one of the best eyeshadow colours I've ever seen. It's a truly unique metallic pinky-peach that just totally wakes up your eyes, and it works both as a highlighter and a lid colour. If I had to pick a least favourite shade it would be the white one, Undercover, because it is quite "stark" on its own and when I wear it as a browbone highlight I always need another highlighter to amp it up a little bit. However, its starkness is a blessing in another way- this matte white is the perfect inner corner highlighter that you can barely see but just brightens up your eyes without any glitter. I find when I use a glittery shadow in the inner corner, it always wanders underneath my eye a bit and the sparkles end up emphasizing the little lines we all have under our eyes. Not so with Undercover. Use this shade in your inner corner and nowhere else and it makes a HUGE difference.

There's lots of videos on Youtube showing you how to use Unzipped, so I recommend checking them out to get started, but I will leave you with one look that is quick and easy that I use a lot. Unreal all over the lid, lashes to brow, Unbridled on the outer half of the lid, blend well. Brown, black, or plum eyeliner as you see fit. It's that easy. If you want to deepen it a bit more throw a little Unconditional in the crease and Untamed on the outer V. Simple and gorgeous.

Definite buy again. This set is great value (and I scored mine for cheap in an Ebay auction, which is even better!). I'll write a separate review about the primer, but it is a GREAT bonus. I am glad that it came with the palette so that I was able to discover this primer; it's a true under-rated gem. Of course the shades in Unzipped work great with this colourless primer, but UDPP in Sin is another good choice with these shadows as the colours complement each other well.

I'll stop raving now. Stop balking at the price and go buy it! :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought 2 of these palettes just in case it ever got discontinued. Yup, I'm that crazy. It's out of stock everywhere and you can imagine why. This palette is truly remarkable. It's easy to blend and to create a natural look or if you're looking for something with a bit more edge, you can definitely create a night out on town look as well. This palette pulls more warm than cool. So if you're looking for a neutral/gold/warm eyeshadows than this palette is for you. I know that when I buy palettes, there are ALWAYS 2 or 3 shades that I never wear and use...BUT NOT THIS PALETTE. You will use every single shade in this palette, I guarantee it!!! This is my go to palette and I really don't think that'll ever change. DEFINITELY my HOLY GRAIL palette.

on 1/6/2016 1:08:00 AM

I really like my Unzipped palette. LORAC isn't available in stores in my area so I had to buy this sight-unseen online. This was my first LORAC product and I'm very impressed with the quality. The shadows are soft and buttery, and blend extremely well. They do kick up a bit more product than other similar brands, but a gentle tap in the shadow with a quality brush is all that you need. Tap your brush off before applying to your eyes to avoid any fallout.

This palette contains 4 matte shades and 6 shimmer shades. The mattes aren't chalky and don't "skip" when applied. The shimmer shades are always harder to describe.... no glitter, just a nice shimmer, almost metallic, but not cheap-looking, like so many metallics can end up looking.

I found these shadows to wear well with and without a primer. I didn't get any creasing or fading. The packaging is sturdy hard cardboard in a slim design that I like. I've owned this palette for about a year and a half and I'm still enjoying it. I am a bit of a palette junkie so I don't reach for this as often as I should, since I'm always buying new things, but I'd definitely buy this palette again if I ever lost it. I'd say this palette is similar to the UD Naked 3 (which I also own) and if I had to choose LORAC Unzipped or the UD Naked 3, I'd choose the Unzipped. Hope this review helps you decide if you should add it to your collection or not. XO

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not know what in blue blazes held me back from trying this!! Oh wait, yes I do..I had tried the original Lorac Pro palette that came out sooo many years ago now and did not have luck with it, so I just never tried any more of their shadows. Insert sad face!!

But, on a whim recently I swatched their Altar Ego gloss (wonderful product!) and also their Porefection foundation (also another love!), and I had luck with and am enjoying those 2 products..so, I figured I would give this a whirl. Did I need another palette..? Probably not.

However..I fell in love with this..! The shades, the application the wear time, all just wonderful!! I do not even use a primer with these, and they apply like butter and last pretty much a full 12 hours. I get no creasing or shifting or wearing off unevenly, they just behave nicely and wear nicely!

Lorac it seems can be hit and miss for me, but this one is definitely a hit!!
Would re-purchase and would recommend.

Last note, I am sure many women can and do take this on vacations and getaways. The colors are so versatile and many go with pretty much anything, and can easily go from daytime looks to nighttime looks with this palette. I am pretty certain almost all skin tones can wear these shades. For reference, I am NC20 in Mac, but again, I think these shades would work for many skin tones.

on 5/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Why on earth did I wait so long to buy this palette? It is just perfect for my coloring- really makes my eyes look so blue. I've bought several other palettes in the meantime that I don't love nearly as much, like Chocolate Bar and TF Boudoir Eyes. My only quibble would be a wish for a couple more matte shades. Just buy it, already!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is super difficult because i absolutely LOVE these colors in the pan!! I am super crazy about taupes and pinky browns, and this palette has those colors down perfect.

HOWEVER, the cons are:
- that the colors do not look the same on the lid as they do in the pan.
-The dark colors which you would expect to go in the crease are not dark at all on the lid, and can't really be used in the crease since they just blend into the lid color. So deceiving!!
-The colors all look the same when they're on your lid.
-SUPER SUPER disappointingly unpigmented.

The colors in the pan are gorgeous and perfect looking. It is such a shame that it isnt pigmented.