LORAC Unzipped

LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

on 3/1/2017 10:36:00 AM

This is so beautiful. I'm not sure how long it has been out, but when I saw it last year I was like omg, this is so on point with the red/burgundy/rose eye trend I need it asap. I had a store credit at Kohl's after returning a gift I didn't like so I used it to go towards this. First off, the pans are HUGE. I really don't think i'll ever use them all up. I wish the pro palette pans were this big. So honestly, it's worth $42 since you get so much product and since they're so pigmented, you don't even need a lot. I do remember getting some kickback with the matte burgundy shade, but that doesn't really bother me. I bet the shimmery shades would be even prettier foiled, I need to try this. I have no issues with blending, this is just a really nice palette and formulation. I need to bust it out and use it more, especially for the shimmers. Love lorac. This palette makes me want to get the gold version and I'm not even a huge gold fan.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love the the super pigmented shades, how easily they blend, and how long they last. The price isn't bad, and the eyeshadow pans are big and have a lot of product. This is one of my all time favorite palettes, because of how super ultra pigmented the shimmers are. They are by far the best shimmers i have ever used.

on 11/16/2016 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the quality and ease of Lorac shadows and the Unzipped Gold convinced me to buy this. I will say the shades in this palette suit my light, olive skin better than Unzipped Gold. On the other hand, I wish the shades were more varied in this palette. On the eye, some of the lighter shades look the same for me. The pigmentation and blending is great with this palette. With primer, the shadows last all day and I like to combine them with cream shadows to get even longer payoff. Overall, these are great everyday shades that I think would look fabulous on warm skin tones.

on 8/27/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

These eyeshadows are so beautiful! Every single look I get using only this palette is so gorgeous. They blend together like a DREAM! I swear the eyeshadows do the work themselves. The mattes are a little more powdery than Lorac Pro mattes, but they're just as great if not better. This is really a spectacular and unique palette. I think everyone could use this. It's not so rosy that it has a limited audience. I think it would look beautiful on everyone.

On particular shades:

Unbelievable is truly unbelievable. Such a gorgeous rose gold shade. It looks amazing all over the lid, but especially works well as a center of the lid pop. It can transform any eyeshadow it's used with.

Unreal is actually an unreal highlight. I find this shade to be a little to light for my taste at the moment while I'm tanned, so I tried it as a highlight and OH BOY. It doesn't look pink like it does it the pan. It's just so beautiful on the face and reflects the light perfectly. It makes a great intense highlight.

Untamed is the only shade I'm not ecstatic about. It's a deep shimmery brown with plummy undertones. If you use this color, you have to apply it with your fingers, it does not transfer well with a brush.

on 1/29/2016 10:47:00 PM

Great palette if you're looking for neutrals that you can play up. The matte burgundy color is very nice to play up your look if you're going out. The rest of the shades are very nice for day to day wear.

on 1/6/2016 1:08:00 AM

I really like my Unzipped palette. LORAC isn't available in stores in my area so I had to buy this sight-unseen online. This was my first LORAC product and I'm very impressed with the quality. The shadows are soft and buttery, and blend extremely well. They do kick up a bit more product than other similar brands, but a gentle tap in the shadow with a quality brush is all that you need. Tap your brush off before applying to your eyes to avoid any fallout.

This palette contains 4 matte shades and 6 shimmer shades. The mattes aren't chalky and don't "skip" when applied. The shimmer shades are always harder to describe.... no glitter, just a nice shimmer, almost metallic, but not cheap-looking, like so many metallics can end up looking.

I found these shadows to wear well with and without a primer. I didn't get any creasing or fading. The packaging is sturdy hard cardboard in a slim design that I like. I've owned this palette for about a year and a half and I'm still enjoying it. I am a bit of a palette junkie so I don't reach for this as often as I should, since I'm always buying new things, but I'd definitely buy this palette again if I ever lost it. I'd say this palette is similar to the UD Naked 3 (which I also own) and if I had to choose LORAC Unzipped or the UD Naked 3, I'd choose the Unzipped. Hope this review helps you decide if you should add it to your collection or not. XO

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Love this! My fiancé got this for my birthday just recently and I love how pigmented and beautiful the colors are! BUT beware, there's a lot of fall outs. All in all, I may invest in the gold unzipped too!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my first High End palette. After lots of research and swatching I chose Lorac unzipped because the colors are suitable for everyday without being chalky or glitterbombs like urban decay. The colors in this are great but I do have a few issues. The icy pink and gold shades aren't the greatest without a glitter primer while the white one is amazing. The deep wine colors are a little disappointing. I would also like to address that if you aren't planning on wearing rose gold makeup looks all the time, there aren't many other looks to do with this palette so you may be spending too much. Regardless, I love it since it's warm and rosy. I still prefer this to any other rose gold eyeshadow palette.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not know what in blue blazes held me back from trying this!! Oh wait, yes I do..I had tried the original Lorac Pro palette that came out sooo many years ago now and did not have luck with it, so I just never tried any more of their shadows. Insert sad face!!

But, on a whim recently I swatched their Altar Ego gloss (wonderful product!) and also their Porefection foundation (also another love!), and I had luck with and am enjoying those 2 products..so, I figured I would give this a whirl. Did I need another palette..? Probably not.

However..I fell in love with this..! The shades, the application the wear time, all just wonderful!! I do not even use a primer with these, and they apply like butter and last pretty much a full 12 hours. I get no creasing or shifting or wearing off unevenly, they just behave nicely and wear nicely!

Lorac it seems can be hit and miss for me, but this one is definitely a hit!!
Would re-purchase and would recommend.

Last note, I am sure many women can and do take this on vacations and getaways. The colors are so versatile and many go with pretty much anything, and can easily go from daytime looks to nighttime looks with this palette. I am pretty certain almost all skin tones can wear these shades. For reference, I am NC20 in Mac, but again, I think these shades would work for many skin tones.

on 5/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Why on earth did I wait so long to buy this palette? It is just perfect for my coloring- really makes my eyes look so blue. I've bought several other palettes in the meantime that I don't love nearly as much, like Chocolate Bar and TF Boudoir Eyes. My only quibble would be a wish for a couple more matte shades. Just buy it, already!