LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This palette is beautiful! I love it. Every shade is beautifully soft and pigmented and blendable. This palette leans very warm. IMO it's more of a pinkish or reddish warm than the Naked palette, which are mostly warmish gold shades to me. They're definitely very different. I personally like the colors in this one better. I love that 3 of the shades here are matte. (3 of the darker ones) None of them are glittery, they just have a beautiful shimmer. If you like warm neutrals, this could be the perfect everyday palette. Every color is perfectly soft, and blends like a dream, and they all go together very nicely. The only thing I don't really care for is the packaging-I don't think it looks as nice as it could, given the quality of the shadows. It looks a bit cheap. But it's definitely well worth the price-I never hear this palette mentioned and I think it definitely deserves more love! It's gorgeous and I very highly recommend it.

on 12/11/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not a fan of eyeshadows, I am the type of make-up lover that rather spend my money on new foundations / bronzers / lipsticks than eyeshadow palettes since with palettes that I buy I always end up using only 2 or 3 colors out of the entire thing. But I watched a video on youtube and this one girl did a everyday tutorial with this palette using mostly all the colors..I love neutral eyes (easier to blend) so I got this.. I have the naked I +II palette's, I ALSO have about 3 coastal scents palette's as well as 3 TOO FACED palettes. THIS IS by far MY FAVORITE palette!! makes my eyes look sensual yet casual. and with that hint of nude brown purple. love it!!!! pigmented but not as pigmented as the naked palettes but the colors are unique with a mixture of nudes and shimmers!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i love love love this palette. great colors both shimmery and matte, great color payoff, and blends beautifully. in my opinion colors stay true when applied to lids. also next to no fallout which is awesome because i always apply my foundation first. i wear neutrals and browns with everything under the sun so this palette works perfectly for me. another thing i like is the color range, theres light pretty colors that are very natural looking for work, and dark bold browns for a more intense look when going out. its my go to palette and whenever im going out of town this is always the one i throw in my bag.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Naked 2 palette and was considering buying the original Naked palette-but then I saw this palette at Ulta and fell in love. Every shade in this palette is useable and absolutely stunning. The pigmentation and color pay-off are amazing, they are super soft but not messy, and blend like a dream. I love the combination of mattes and shimmers. The shimmer shades aren't overly shimmery or sparkly at all.
This was my first Lorac purchase and definitely will not be my last. I can't recommend this palette enough!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Love. This. Palette. I love rose gold so this neutral palette really caught my eye because most of the shades have a rosy hue to them. I originally purchased UD Naked 2 because I wanted a different neutral look but I realized quickly that the shades in Naked 2 were making me look washed out and tired. The cool taupes and browns in Naked 2 didn't work well with my medium olive skin and dark circles. So, I exchanged Naked 2 for Lorac Unzipped and I'm much happier. In this palette, you get mostly shimmery shades but also 4 matte shades. I have to say, I love all of the shades in the palette. I even love the matte shades which normally I don't typically care for. The quality of this palette is A+. All shades in this palette are smooth, soft to the touch and pigmented. Along with this palette, you get a mini behind the scenes primer which is also a great quality primer. To compare to my UD Naked 1, there are some similar shades but the overall tones in the two palettes are very different. Naked 1 has a yellow gold theme that runs in all of the shades and the Unzipped palette all have a rose gold tone in all the shades.

on 11/24/2013 9:52:00 AM

I am very pleased with this palette. I love the colors of the UD Naked
Palettes, but they are way too shimmery for this 40 year old! Unzipped is a much better fit for me. All of the shades are flattering with my light skin and blue eyes. They are long lasting, blend well and IMO well pigmented - not so much that you need to use a light hand, instead you can build it to the perfect level for you. I think this palette would be flattering for most skin tones except for very dark skin.

My only complaint is the price tag - $40 seems a bit steep, but buying each color individually would cost much, much more. However , if I lose this palette or when I hit pan, I will definitely replace it! Good luck!

Update 12/13/13 - I am loving this palette! I constantly try new color combinations and love them. This is my favorite make up purchase in the last few months.

on 1/31/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used my 20% off UIta coupon on this so it was only 32 dollars, which is a steal for the amount of eye shadow you get. This looks much more wearable than Naked 3, which seems to have a lot of light pink and create looks that would appeal more to girls in their 20s. With the coupon it was also 20 dollars less than the Naked 3 and, unlike N3, there is not a dud to be found. The main reason I bought this is because of the rave reviews, which are all true. It is very easy to put on, great pigmentation, and it is a dream to blend. Definitely worth the money!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am the person who swapped away Naked 3 because the rosy gold colors didn't really fit my skin tone and I found the colors too similar and pink. I received this and liked this better than naked 3.

The colors work well with each other, although the colors are not entirely distinctive from each other when you actually apply it. I find, however, that I'm able to make pretty looks using this palette alone.

The colors are richer and darker than naked 3. The palette definitely leans on the mauve/plum side. There are some gold, rose gold shimmery colors that look really pretty layered on top of a base color (like unconditional). The palette only has one color to darken/deepen your eyeshadow look, and in my opinion, only one color (unconditional) to be a blending color. I'm nc20 so there may be other blending colors for people who have a darker skin tone.

I think this palette is great looking on those with a warm skin tone. The colors also look particularly good on Brown eyes. Basically, it looks great on my Asian skin tone.

I take off one Lippie because it would be nice to have one more color for darkening your look, and one more blending color. It's good that this palette has only one brow highlighting color though. But if you have the Lora pro palette, I think this is a good complement for it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Ok so I wanted to write a review for this palette because I've seen some ppl dissatisfied with it. Please read the review and try out my recommendations for working with the shadows before you return it. I had heard great things about Lorac's eyeshadows and this was one of the few makeup items I have bought without seeing it in person. I bought it based on pictures and tutorials I watched.

So on to the review. When I first got the palette I thought the colors were gorgeous to look at. They are smooth and creamy. Reminds me a bit of my MAC eyeshadows. When I applied them on my lid I was disappointed. Many ppl have complained that colors look different on the lid compared to swatch, colors blend into one another, and you can't tell a difference between eyeshadows after you apply it. I definitely agree. I don't know if its the formula or what. I do notice that shades like Unbelievable, Unattainable, and Uncensored have similar finishes and tend to just blend into one another. Unattainable was one of the shades that drew me to buying it but it looks completely different on my lid. In the pan its a beautiful bronzy gold shade. On my lid its a dull muted gold color. When I apply Undiscovered (light gold shade), it looks similar to Unattainable. For a second I thought I had made a mistake by buying it. I realized that you need to use color bases to emphasize or change the color of the shadows. I've been using NYX Jumbo Pencil in Dark Brown for some shades and it has worked great. It makes the color Unattainable to the exact color in the pan. It darkens the color Uncensored (a soft brown shade with rosy undertone close to my skin shade) and makes it into a pretty bronzy shade that reminds me of Iman's eyeshadow in Tigereye (which is one of my fav's). To help with shadows blending into one another, I suggest you mix a shade with a matte one. For ex, I will use Unbelievable all over the lid and then mix Uncensored and Unspoken together and put in the crease. Having a different eyeshadow finish esp a matte will help to break up that annoying blending that the shadows offer. Don't get me wrong the eyeshadows are great quality but some of them do tend to blend into one another. I would definitely experiment using color bases and try out different looks with the eyeshadows before giving up. Btw, I absolutely love the Unbelievable, Uncensored, and Unspoken look I mentioned above. When I first saw Unbelievable (rosy gold) I thought it was a beautiful shade but it looked weird on my lid. I have never had problems with pink shades but Unbelievable was weird. But adding the other shades makes such a beautiful look. It reminds me of Clinique's Strawberry Fudge duo which is one of my favorite duo's. It's like the older more subtle but just as beautiful sister of Strawberry Fudge.

I am an NC45 shade but more neutral with an olive undertone. Not as yellow as a typical NC45. I think this palette is perfect for all skintones/undertones, esp ppl who felt Naked 1 was too warm. I think its great for daywear/office wear. The looks are soft, romantic, and glowy. The only issue I have with the palette is I wish Lorac would have picked a darker color for the container since yellow will stain easily. I also wish the names were more unique so I could remember them lol.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love this palette. It is more rose colored than it appears in pictures. My only complaint is there aren't enough mattes. The colors are smooth, no fall out, blend very well. Highly pigmented, a little gets the look you're going for.
I always get compliments on my eye makeup when I use this palette.