LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.4

on 11/25/2013 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This one to me is just overall much better than the Naked 3.
Don't shoot me.

There is much less shimmer, a never variety of burgundy and rosey shades and it is sleek.
The shades are SUPER useful in the winter time! I just love these shades and the creaminess and blendability!! I can'tsay it enough. The nakes are cute too!! Begin with "un" on every one of them

This has been my recent obsession lately.
The shadows are buttery and pigmented. Very blend able and I think they would work on just about every skin tone. Maybe not deep tones but I'm unsure.

Overall a great buy!!

Another win from LORAC if you ask me. I love this and the Pro Palette and enjoy using them as much as possible. I have to give my opinion on this verse Naked3 since I own both. In my opinion they are 2 completely different palettes. Naked 3 most definitely pulls more cool. Whereas, Unzipped pulls warmer or much warmer than N3 that's for sure, so to me I can't compare them. I use them both and love them both and will not choose sides as I luv all makeup! :P
Now onto this lovely palette.:) You get 10 shades which are much bigger than Pro though it's around the same price. So, product wise with Unzipped you get more product than the Pro. It has 4 matte shades and 6 satins or semi shimmery I would say.

I am very cool toned and have no problem working with these neutrals. Dupe alert Unconditional is almost the exact same as Nooner. It's interesting Mauve from the pro and this one all are very similar to Nooner or vise versa. So for me it's great because Unconditional is my favorite crease colour. Unbelievable and Unreal are both very similar as well, with Unbelievable having a more pinkish copper undertone. While Unreal has a more light pink with a touch of gold undertone. Both are gorgeous and 2 of my favorite shades in the palette.

I love Unspoken when I am doing a cut crease it is so buttery and mixes so well with Unconditional and Unspoken. All the shadows are very soft, buttery, pigmented, and are super easy to blend. I really love this palette and love how I can do almost any look with it. From daytime to night this palette is so versatile. I find the primer that comes with it also works very well and I like it. I just wish the packaging was sturdier but I love the slimness and ease of travel with this. To me if you love neutrals it's a must have. If you collect palettes then this is for you. Also if you want a bunch of shadows that work super well together this bad boy does that too. Love! Totally Recommended!

IMO, LORAC palettes are the unsung heroes of the makeup industry!! I have eye shadows from MAC, TF, UD, MUFE, SmashBox, Tarte, and several other companies but I have NEVER found a better palette than this one! I was a huge fan of my Naked palette and considered it my HG until I discovered this little gem at my local Ulta. I am a redhead with a medium skin tone (with reddish undertones), freckles, and dark brown eyes and I was looking for a pink/brown combination of colors to wear with a great new outfit I had purchased. I don't normally check out LORAC eye shadows but was having very little luck finding the right shades in my normal favorite lines so I gave it a shot and boy, was I glad I did! The colors in this palette are absolutely gorgeous and glide on like a dream!! I use my UDPP (my HG primer that will have to be pried out of my cold, dead hands as that's the only way I will ever give it up) and these shadows stay with me all day long (I'm talking 12+ hours on fairly oily eyelids). I literally have to scrub them off at night! The colors all blend beautifully and the shimmery shades don't have big flakes of sparkle in them. The simply glow on your eyelids, creating a very captivating look, no matter how you do your eyes. I really like to mix the shimmer and matte shades for a higher level of dimension, especially when I'm going out for the evening. The pigmentation of these colors is absolutely perfect! You can use a lighter hand for a more casual look or build the colors up without looking like a clown. I do not experience ANY fallout with these shadows either, which is much more than I can say for some of my other palettes, especially Too Faced. I have spent an untold amount of time playing in my makeup and god only knows how much money on eye shadows (it's a problem, I admit it!) and I have NEVER found an eye shadow or palette that I love as much as this one. I loved it so much that I've since purchased the Femme Fatale palette, as well as the Pro Palette. If you are looking for an outstanding eyeshadow that will outlast you in a day, that is a delight to put on, that comes in an amazing array of colors and that is one of the most reasonably priced shadows on the market, visit the LORAC counter. You'll be very glad you did!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm on a rose gold kick right now, and this palette is like a riff on rose gold. There's a bronze, a pale cream pink, shimmer and mattes. Practically every shade has a pinky-brown/mauve undertone to it. I'm sure that at least 3 shades are pretty much dupes for what you might find in Naked 1 or 2 (as in "Unconditional" = "Tease" from Naked 2; or "Unspoken = "Buck" from Naked 1). But there are a few that are truly unique. "Untamed," for example, is a very rich earthy brown that skews plum. "Unbridled" is a matte version of "Untamed".

This is a palette for subtley. I certainly have nothing against shimmer, but sometimes the UD shimmers are just too much if you really want something soft and understated. With the shades having that similar undertone, I get the most perfect ombre eye look I've ever done. I've worn every shade in the LORAC palette and they're all velvety, smooth, and pigmented.

The quality really cannot be beaten, even by Urban Decay. Many UD shadows wear or crease on me after 8 hours, even with primer. (And this is the result of my own crepey, oily lids, not UD's fault.) The LORAC shadows don't fade as much, and don't crease at all. Speaking of primer, this comes with a little tube of Behind the Scenes Eye Primer. I've compared it to TFSI and UDPP, using the LORAC on one eye and TFSI or UDPP on the other, and saw no difference in wear at all.

Do you need this if you have one or both of the Naked palettes? Probably not. But if you've been looking at those, consider this one. It's $10 cheaper and amazing!

on 9/18/2016 3:00:00 AM

I love this palette! This is my 4th palette from Lorac and I should say this is my new favourite.

Pros:
1. The quality of the shadows is consistent with Lorac shadows. This comes on top of the list for my Lorac palettes. Close second is my Lorac Pro (first palette), then my Lorac Pro To Go and lastly my Lorac Pro Metals.
2. The shadows are buttery and soft.
3. They are all very pigmented. I have always considered Lorac shimmer shadows as pressed pigments because they are as pigmented and concentrated as shadow pigments.
4. The packaging is sleek. It comes in a thin cardboard with a sizeable mirror on the underside. It is great for travel as it does not take up too much space.
5. The pans in this palette are slightly bigger than those in Lorac Pro palettes.
6. I love the colours on this palette more than the Unzipped Gold. Dare I say, the rosy gold tones in this palette is even better than the Urban Decay Naked 3.
7. This is not limited edition so don't worry about running out of stocks.
8. This is definitely a must have and a worthy palette in every makeup lover's collection!

Cons:
1. Some shadows tend to kick up upon dipping the brush but that's only because of how soft the shadows are.
2. These are priced almost the same as the Pro palettes for lesser number of shades. Original Pro palettes come in 16 shades while this palette only has 10. But since the pans are bigger, the actual amount you're getting is actually almost the same. Still, this is a bit pricey.
3. Like any Lorac shadows, an base or primer for your lids is ideal to keep the shadows in place especially when you have oily lids. Pat on the shadows instead of brushing them on your lids for minimal fall out.
4. Tap off your brush after dipping in the shadows if you don't want to risk getting fall outs especially when you have done your face makeup prior to putting on your eyeshadow.

on 1/3/2015 4:37:00 PM

Wow! I might be the only person that doesn't like this! I ordered it online through amazon.com because Lorac is not sold at Sephora anymore and is difficult to find in Canada. I like the slim packaging and the colours look great in the pan but for me, that's where the positives end. I find that the shadows don't have a lot of pigmentation, especially the lighter colours. I thought maybe is was because of the Lorac primer which I had used, but no...the same lack of pigmentation with UD primer, Laura Mercier, and TF shadow insurance. I'm not sure why these don't show up on me after so many positive reviews. Maybe I was sent a fake palette, but I doubt it. This one is a miss for me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had been wanting Urban Decay's "Naked" palettes since they came out and I just never thought it was a good idea to spend $50 on a palette that had a few colors I wouldn't use. After wanting those palettes for a while I found out about this LORAC palette from a friend. It took me about 60 seconds of using this palette I immediately wanted it and decided that even though its $40 and on the pricey side, this palette would be perfect. If you are looking for a palette that you can create MANY looks from, this may not be the one for you. I'm into very neutral colors on my lid. I usually go for lighter browns and golds, but I find that even the darker colors on this palette blend really well and look great when paired with the other colors. This palette also comes with a mini behind the scenes eyeshadow primer. The primer is in a small tube but it looks like if used wisely it will last a significant amount of time. The only thing I didn't like about the palette was that for the price it didn't come with a brush. It didn't really affect me because I have plenty of brushes I can use with this palette but if I'm spending a good amount of money on the palette it would have been nice to have a brush that came with it. Other then that, the palette is great. It comes with a mirror on the inside which is the perfect size to use on the go, and the shadows themselves are extremely pigmented and are extremely workable and blendable. I would absolutely recommend this palette if you're looking to go for a neutral look. This palette has a variety of neutral matte and shimmer colors that can be worn on just about any eye.

on 1/18/2013 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've always been a neutral eyeshadow girl and with all the "nude" palettes available now I wanted to get one. I spotted this Lorac Unzipped palette in Sephora and instantly was drawn to the pinky brown neutral shades. Another draw was that it contained a nice combination of mattes and shimmers.

I am so happy I bought it! All the colors are very pigmented...you barely have to touch the brush to the shadows to get plenty of color. There are ten large (about 1 inch sq.) eyeshadows. 6 have shimmer to them, 4 are matte and there are none that contain glitter. The colors range from champagne, gold, bronze, mauve, burgandy and several shades of brown. These colors compliment my blue/gray eyes so well. The shadows are buttery smooth and blend like a dream. No fall out, no creasing and the colors last all day. This palette also comes with a mini Lorac eyeshadow primer, which is very good. It glides on your lids and isn't drying like some primers.

I really can't find any fault with this palette. I've been using it everyday since getting it. I highly recommend this neutral palette to anyone on the market for one with a good shimmer to matte ratio. This palette doesn't get nearly enough attention it deserves and is often overlooked.

These are just my opinions for my own make up choices and I don't mean anything bad to anyone who purchased other palettes as that's what was right for them.

I was so consumed by all the new palettes that arrived by what seemed like every company imaginable.
My wallet would only allow me one though so I tested, re-tested and tested again coming home with lines of color all over my hands and arms.

I don't want to fall for product that is really hyped up causing people to buy just to have it and I saw a lot of that with the Naked palette. I tried to buy it but I just couldn't. The price and then releasing another that was slightly different besides the colors left a bad taste in my mouth. So from one palette to the next I kept going.

My saving grace, the Unzipped palette hit the shelves on my 6th visit to Sephora. I was drawn to it right away. The colors are beautiful, they feel so soft but strong enough in pigment and staying power. It came with a nice size tube of primer and the price, compared to others was VERY good. especially for what you received.

I of course went home with out it like I had done with all the others but the next day I high tailed it right back and bought it. My palette hunt was over and I was super happy.

I took it to my mother's to show her and she immediately fell in love with it too so she got one for her birthday. It just goes to show how versatile this palette is.

My Lorac Palette has worked great from smokey looks to beautiful summer or natural looks, I love it all year round.

I wish more companies would work this way. Instead of hyping up a product and then finally releasing it at a large price, mix their good work with decent prices and be more honest.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. It looks great, it's a great size to put in my makeup bag no problem. I just wish there was more to it to help keep the product safe. It didn't have to be a metal tin but just little more heavy duty.

That's the only thing I could think of and is why I put the packaging quality at a 3.

Thank you Lorac for Unzipped. I will be coming back for more becuase of my experience with the price and quality of this product.

on 3/28/2012 12:54:00 AM

After reading online reviews for this product, I was expecting to be impressed, but I wasn't. There is too much "rose" or too many reddish tones in these shadows. They make my eyes look "off" and they certainly don't brighten them the way UD Naked 1 palette does. My coloring is fair, blonde hair, blue eyes, I lean cool but can wear many warmer shades. I'm not quite sure exactly why these Lorac shadows didn't do it for me. I didn't think the buttery texture or easy of application like with Urban Decay was there in the Lorac product. If the colors suited my better and were less "ruddy," maybe I'd keep this palette, but as it stands now, it's probably going back to Sephora and I will keep Naked 1 and possibly Naked 2.