LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.4

on 5/31/2017 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really was disappointed with the palette. There are some gorgeous hues in this mix of matte and shimmer but, the softness of the powders made the colors just blend in with each other on application if I used more than two shades and for the price the longevity left much to be desired.

on 12/5/2016 4:58:00 PM

I love this palette. I like the mix of mattes and shimmers. The shadows themselves are soft, like Lorac shadows tend to be. They are buttery-smooth and uber-pigmented. These blend well and I don't get as much kick-up and fall-out with the mattes as I do with my Lorac Pro palette, which isn't my favorite. I love the color scheme of roses, pinks, gold, and burgundy. You basically can't go wrong with this little palette. These are simply gorgeous shadows.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

2 for packaging quality because one of the shades shattered. I love this palette, MUCH more than the lorac pro palettes, I have the first two and the matte pro palette. These are great for a beginner because there's not 30000 shades, and they all blend well together. I'm nc45 and these show up well on my skin tone, and will for others if built up. Not as powdery as Lorac Pro shades IMO

Hands down the absolute best palette I own and I own A LOT. I find myself reaching for it every day even when I decide I'm going to try a new palette. I just end up using it after all. The colors are absolutely beautiful as you can see if you look at swatches. But Im telling you the swatches are NOT as beautiful as the shades are in person. The pigmentation is amazing, buttery, soft. They blend like a dream. The shades will kick up some powder but that's because they are so incredibly soft. I would also recommend patting the color on instead of sweeping across the lid. The only con I can think of is they will kick up so just press really soft or pat. Lorac is on top of their game with this palette :)

on 9/18/2016 3:00:00 AM

I love this palette! This is my 4th palette from Lorac and I should say this is my new favourite.

Pros:
1. The quality of the shadows is consistent with Lorac shadows. This comes on top of the list for my Lorac palettes. Close second is my Lorac Pro (first palette), then my Lorac Pro To Go and lastly my Lorac Pro Metals.
2. The shadows are buttery and soft.
3. They are all very pigmented. I have always considered Lorac shimmer shadows as pressed pigments because they are as pigmented and concentrated as shadow pigments.
4. The packaging is sleek. It comes in a thin cardboard with a sizeable mirror on the underside. It is great for travel as it does not take up too much space.
5. The pans in this palette are slightly bigger than those in Lorac Pro palettes.
6. I love the colours on this palette more than the Unzipped Gold. Dare I say, the rosy gold tones in this palette is even better than the Urban Decay Naked 3.
7. This is not limited edition so don't worry about running out of stocks.
8. This is definitely a must have and a worthy palette in every makeup lover's collection!

Cons:
1. Some shadows tend to kick up upon dipping the brush but that's only because of how soft the shadows are.
2. These are priced almost the same as the Pro palettes for lesser number of shades. Original Pro palettes come in 16 shades while this palette only has 10. But since the pans are bigger, the actual amount you're getting is actually almost the same. Still, this is a bit pricey.
3. Like any Lorac shadows, an base or primer for your lids is ideal to keep the shadows in place especially when you have oily lids. Pat on the shadows instead of brushing them on your lids for minimal fall out.
4. Tap off your brush after dipping in the shadows if you don't want to risk getting fall outs especially when you have done your face makeup prior to putting on your eyeshadow.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this palette but this is also my first one. Reasoned purchased this one out of any them is the consistency is buttery like and all the shades were totally wearable for everyday. I thought it was quite expensive I paid $50 for it I think. I use this palette everyday but again this is just my first palette but I love it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am an eyeshadow palette hoarder. I have tried the naked palettes, the chocolate bar palettes etc.. I don't k or what is about this palette but it's literally the one I use every single day. The shimmers in this palette are like full on creamy, foiled shadows. Not even "sidecar" from Urban Decay can compare to the metallic sparkle this palette give. The shadows are so extremely pigmented and soft, I barely have to dip my brush. The only problem is that because they are so soft, I don't think they are very travel friendly. I dropped my palette and the burgundy shade crumbled off a bit. There is still eyeshadow in the pan but half of it shattered. But because it's so pigmented, I haven't had a issue with "running out" because of it. I still have plenty more of the burgundy shade to use for a while. try to rotate my palettes but this one continues to make it on my eyes at least in some way or another everyday. If you love that natural yet glam look for everyday, this is going to be your new true love.

on 1/29/2016 10:47:00 PM

Great palette if you're looking for neutrals that you can play up. The matte burgundy color is very nice to play up your look if you're going out. The rest of the shades are very nice for day to day wear.

on 1/6/2016 1:08:00 AM

I really like my Unzipped palette. LORAC isn't available in stores in my area so I had to buy this sight-unseen online. This was my first LORAC product and I'm very impressed with the quality. The shadows are soft and buttery, and blend extremely well. They do kick up a bit more product than other similar brands, but a gentle tap in the shadow with a quality brush is all that you need. Tap your brush off before applying to your eyes to avoid any fallout.

This palette contains 4 matte shades and 6 shimmer shades. The mattes aren't chalky and don't "skip" when applied. The shimmer shades are always harder to describe.... no glitter, just a nice shimmer, almost metallic, but not cheap-looking, like so many metallics can end up looking.

I found these shadows to wear well with and without a primer. I didn't get any creasing or fading. The packaging is sturdy hard cardboard in a slim design that I like. I've owned this palette for about a year and a half and I'm still enjoying it. I am a bit of a palette junkie so I don't reach for this as often as I should, since I'm always buying new things, but I'd definitely buy this palette again if I ever lost it. I'd say this palette is similar to the UD Naked 3 (which I also own) and if I had to choose LORAC Unzipped or the UD Naked 3, I'd choose the Unzipped. Hope this review helps you decide if you should add it to your collection or not. XO

I want to love this palette, but I can't make this formula work for me yet. The shadows are very soft and powdery, so I tend to over apply them trying to build up the intensity of the colors, and when I blend them it's a huge muddy mess. I probably just need to use little product and be careful not to over blend.
Overall, I love every single shade, but I would recommend the Naked 3 palette over this one. These colors are beautiful, but there's not a ton of variety. The Naked 3 palette has some very interesting plummy neutrals, so I think it's more versatile. Besides, if you're a heavy handed beast like me, you'll have a hard time working with this formula.